what amps and pre/pro are you using

rich0372

I am using a Sunfire Signature Stereo and a Sunfire Signature 5 channel amps to run the Reference 7 system. I am using a Pioneer VSX-59TXi receiver as a processor. Some receivers make excellent processors.

In your position, I would start with separate amps. They do not wear out quickly.

Bill

i am using a pioneer elite vsx-55txi as a pre-pro with a carver pro

ZR1000 digital amp to power my KLF-30's, a carver pm-125 bridged to

mono for my KLF-C7, and the internal amps of the elite for the

surrounds...

the ZR digital amp is GREAT with my KLF-30's.... my eventual plan is to use ZR amps all around....

I'm using a Parasound Halo A21 two channel amp and a A52

five

channel amp to run a Reference 35 system, with an Anthem AVM20 as a

pre-pro. Prior to that I was using a Denon 4802 and a pair of Anthem

amps, the MCA 50 five channel and PVA2 two channel. I much prefer my

current setup.

I use a B&K Reference 50 processor which I really like, but the series II is even better. I also use B&K amps with my Reference 7 Klipsch home theater. I have a Reference 200.5 amp, and just added a Reference 4430 amp, and I really like the warm sound that I get with B&K. I think they go well with Klipsch. Man I would love to hear your KLF set-up. I really would like to find a place for some KLF 30's or 20's. Good luck in your quest.

Jeremy

I can get a really good deal on B&K 200.7 for $1600 as a demo unit just have a question I was reading the specs and the distortion is .09 that seems kind of high when amps like Rotel .03 sunfire .05 I'm no expert and know that specs aren't everything Thank for the input guys Rich

I am using a Sunfire Theater Grand IV as my pre/pro and 4 Carver TFM-25 2 channel amps. I like every aspect of the Sunfire TGIV. Build quality and finish are top notch; it looks and sounds great; very simple to hook up and use; fantastic remote.

As for the amps I personally think Carver SS gear mates very nicely with Klipsch speakers. I have used them for many years in my HT and 2 channel set ups with KG4, Forte II, Chorus and khorns.

My guess here is that everybody will tell you what they currently have and that they like it. You might also get some good advice asking what people have used and NOT liked. I for one did not like the sound of Klipsch speakers with Adcom amps. In my limited listening I have not been impressed with Yamaha, but I know lots of people use it and love it.

If you can audition new gear it might help you decide. If you go the used route you can probably buy, try and resell if needed with out much lost other then time and shipping. Take the Carver TFM-25 as an example. They are on ebay all the time and go for about $300. You could buy one use it for a bit and if you did not like it sell it for 300 and just be out your time, effort and ebay fees. Buy now in the summertime and sell in the fall/winter and you might even make a buck or two.

I use a Denon AVR 3801 for all of the processing and to drive the

surrounds and center. My La Scala's are driven by my Onkyo M504 dual

mono block poewr amp. Great combination of power and flexibility.

Although I plan on adding a DVDO iScan HD+ to handle video processing

and switching soon.

I have been extremely happy with my Rotel 1095 and RSP 1066 with my KLF-20's. Rotel offers a lot of amp and performance for the money....IMO.

I had a Rotel 1080 200x2 for the mains I did like but, seemed to be a bit bright at louder levels I would go back to Rotel but, I also what to keep my options open I think it's going to be between the Rotel 1095 and the B&K 200.5 is the B&K warmer sounding than Rotel? Thanks Rich

I can get a really good deal on B&K 200.7 for $1600 as a demo unit

$1600 is a great deal for a 200.7, I paid $1500 for my 200.5. For that price you could try it out for a while, and if you don't like it i'm sure you could sell it without taking a loss. Used 200.7's don't last long on Audiogon.

Jeremy

I'm using a Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX for my processor. From there I run the front R &L pre-outs to my Class' CP-35 preamp and then onto my latest addition of a B&K ST125.2 S2 amp. I run the center and rear L&R from the Pioneer pre-outs directly to a B&K ST125.3 amp.

JBR

I can get a really good deal on B&K 200.7 for $1600 as a demo unit

$1600 is a great deal for a 200.7, I paid $1500 for my 200.5. For that price you could try it out for a while, and if you don't like it i'm sure you could sell it without taking a loss. Used 200.7's don't last long on Audiogon.

Jeremy

I thought it was the 200.7 but it's the 200.5 I talked to my local dealer trying to get it for $1500 he's going to let me demo it for now I will be using my pioneer elite 43tx as the pre/pro Rich

Yamaha htr-5790,

Audio Dynamics B-200

2-channel 250W X 2 @ 8 Ohms (0.02% THD)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

3-channel 90W X 2 & 250W X1 8 Ohms (0.009% & 0.02% THD)

4-channel 90W X 4 @ 8 Ohms (0.009% THD)

4-channel 125W X 4 @ 4 Ohms (0.02% THD)

Dynamic Power Single Channel is 155W/channel (8 Ohms), 250W/channel (4Ohms), Bridged Channel 400W/channel (8 Ohms), 500W/channel (4 Ohms).

Load Impedance is variable from 2-16 Ohms, Frequency Response 5Hz-200Khz, Signal to Noise Ratio: 115db, Channel Separation: 90+db, Power Requirement: 580W

I think you'll be very pleased with the B&K. They make great amps for the money.

I run a Ref 50 pre/pro with a ST-125.2 driving my front LaScalas,

another ST-125.2 driving my Hersey surrounds, a ST-2140 driving my rear

Cornwalls, and a ST-1400 II (same as the ST-2140, except for the face

plate) driving my RC-7 center. I like the idea of having a

separate power supply & transformer for each pair of

channels.

I also have a ST-140 driving a pair of Heresys in my office system.

After I started listening to B&K amps, I sold my Carver TFM-45 on

ebay. I liked my Carver, and I can't quantify it, but B&K's

just sound better to me. Besides, The Carver TFM-45 seems to have

a sort of a cult following. I sold it for almost as much as I paid for it

13 years ago!

James