Best Value Klipsch Speaker in Used Market

Dirk Diggler

The list is good, I would place the klipschorn first though since it gives world class sound and you canfind them for under $2,000 if you are paitent. the others all present some compromise sonically, but all are fabulous values. regards, tony

I take it you mean best sound value for the dollar on the USED market. Hands down it's the Cornwall. Pairs routinely sell for $500, compared to the much lesser Heresy at $300 and the similar-but-different LaScala at $800 or so.

In the next generation of Heritage, Forte and Chorus come in close, but I think overall the Cornwall is a Mass of Sound for the buck!

You cannot beat the Cornwall SLAM with any speaker, Klipsch or otherwise.

At any price.

Period.

Michael

I disagree. I think the Forte comes very close in performance and you can routinely get a pair for half of the Cornwall.

I do agree that the Cornwall is a phenomenal value as with the list that i posted. I would have listed it 5th. One man's (a very handsome and intelligent one) opinion.

So what is the going price for a pair of used Fortes or Chorus? I might need to pick up a pair to add to the collection.

Michael

400-1000 dependent on all the usual things, finish, condition location. Tons of Forte and Chorus for 600 for a handy make em look nice guy like yourslef, Michael.

Hey Michael,

For $500 the cornwall shoots up the list. I have not found those deals, unfortunately. I have seen pairs in my neck of the woods from $800 to $1,100. I have seen fortes for as little as $300-$400 in decent shape. Both great speakers, although the corns obviously have a much better slam factor.

Take care and find me some $500 corns.

Dirk

So what is the going price for a pair of used Fortes or Chorus? I might need to pick up a pair to add to the collection.

Michael

Your such the Klipschaholic. Someday people will drive to Indy NE and stop by just to hear EVERY Klipsch speaker made the way your going!! No need for a museum in Hope.. You have got it all here. Be careful.. hahahahah

Even if I can't talk too loud about having too much Klipsch in my own house, your starting to worry me here just how many you do have. Just put them in other rooms in your house and enjoy them.

Roger..

I take it you mean best sound value for the dollar on the USED market. Hands down it's the Cornwall. Pairs routinely sell for $500, compared to the much lesser Heresy at $300 and the similar-but-different LaScala at $800 or so.

In the next generation of Heritage, Forte and Chorus come in close, but I think overall the Cornwall is a Mass of Sound for the buck!

You cannot beat the Cornwall SLAM with any speaker, Klipsch or otherwise.

At any price.

Period.

Michael

The Cornwalls are great. I just finished redoing my pair of verticals... Bob's networks, new K77 and K55 diaphrams, new K33Es, new wiring and a few boxes of rope caulk. While their bass is great and they hit pretty hard at certain frequencies, they are absolutely trampled on by my Epic CF-4s in the bass department. My Cornwalls are currently being powered by a pair of McIntosh MC501s in a pretty decent sized room, while my CF-4s are being powered by a McIntosh MC207 elsewhere, so it is definately the speakers. For a 30 year old speaker though, they are pretty amazing to say the least. They definately have the edge in the midrange department over the Epics. The Cornwalls are going to be moved to surround sound duty and are going to be replaced by a pair of Decorator Khorns that I am working on. That should be a nice comparison test.

I did just get a little set of KG4's and agree, they are a cute little set of speaks with a very smooth Heritage like sound. The low end on these little babies is incredible! Not the full in-your-face CW sound, but very balanced. Good bargain at what I can find at $125-175 per pair.

Michael

My perspective on best sound per dollar:

1) Cornwalls - at around $800 ($600-$100) --pretty big bang for under $1k

2) KHorn - at around $2k -- better than Cornwall but many more choices at $2k/pr

3) La Scalla - at around $900 - better than Corns if you like horn loaded base....I like the big boom of Cornwalls.

The Belle seems to be around $1600+ but sound similar to La Scalla so unless you count great looks they would be low on my list.

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of Heresy. When I want to listen to heritage I want the big live sound of the big boxes otherwise I might prefer a more traditional cone-driver monitor speaker from an internet or DIY firm with their great image and relaxing sound although it can be tough to find nice ones under $400/pr but they are there.

I'm not real familiar with Forte/Chorus so no comment.