Poll: How many pairs of Klipsch Heritage Speakers do you own?

formica

?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>1 pair... how many should I have?2 pairs... and they sound great3 pairs... my friends question my sanity4 pairs... my family questions my sanity5 pairs... they are just great bargains...6 pairs... can you really have too many?7 pairs... I might be getting carried away...8 pairs... I was worried after 7, but now I feel much better...9 pairs... I just built an extension to my home.10 pairs.. my shrink questions my sanity!!

i had 10 complete pairs up until recently, plus 2 sets of decorator heresy cabinets and 3 mismatched heresy cabinets. sold my belles and one set of my corns and both sets of the heresy decorators. still have my k-horns, scalas, 3 sets of verticals, 3 sets of heresys

Given that i won't be writing a thesis on this [;)] we'll set

out a rule of thumb for those with broken sets. Round up to the nearest

pair.

In other words... If you have half a pair (ie: one speaker) you

can consider it a pair. If you have two centre speakers.... well,

that'll also be 1 pair. If you have three centre speakers... you

can round that up to 2 pairs. Etc...

Sound good?

Rob

>> Real horror show

LOL, I resemble that remark, 4.5 with the center Belle. Heresy, Cornwall, LaScala, single Belle and khorns.

Funny, the Corns the most recent acquisistion, but I'm surprised how

much I like them. Their hair-trigger dynamics are just as

hairy as the the horn-loaded ones I have. I was not expecting

that.

I counted a center Cornwall plus a sub as a

"pair". That made it 7 "pairs" for me.

Didn't know

there was a heritage subwoofer...[^o)][:D] but it's ok by me.

What if someone has more than 10? Does

the MCCM system count? If so, how many pairs does that count for?

[ip]

Greg... you need help! [;)] For

multi-piece units like the MCCM, I'd count the number of tweeter

enclosures you have (ie: 2 tweeter enclosures would be one pair of

stacks) since they often had several bass bins per stack to help raise

their efficiency, but i'll leave it up to you.

In any case... that's a lot of pairs.[:o]

Yes, I need help. Actually, I need to sell some!

I've got 10 pair right now, not including the MCCM system. I'll be buying another pair of La Scalas this weekend, so that will make 11 pair. But I'm cheating really, a lot of these I have just sitting at the shop awaiting refurbs.

Do Shorthorns count? If so that would make 12. [8]

Greg

Rob, thanks for helping me face my addiction [:P] My family has always made fun of my passion for audio.

My brother and his wife came over for dinner last night. He had never heard Klipsch in their glory with great tube gear. While we were grilling the steaks, I invited him up to my two channel room over the garage and plopped him on the couch.

He was absolutely stunned at what he heard. He now knows what it is to hear great music at its best. He "gets it" now.

I told him that what he heard was "the B team" and that the Klipschorns (in storage until the family room is remodeled) were the "real deal". I tried to describe how they load a room with sound and he just stared at me. Some things you just have to experience to understand. Kind of like sex [;)]

Rob, thanks for helping me face my addiction [:P]

Hey, what are friends for? [:D] From the sound of it, your getting comfortably installed in your new home... I take it the move went well?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Yes, I need help. Actually, I need to sell some... Do Shorthorns count? If so that would make 12.

I would count them... and YES, I think you got to get working and sell some off those beasts! Maybe Colterphoto is looking for some more... [6][;)]

Actually this is turning out to be a fun Poll... I enjoyed writing the "notes" and reading that I'm not alone. I'm actually a little surprised by the low number of people with "only" 1 pair.

Having this many speakers is more excusable today since we can use them for HT... but I think we all get caught up in the bargains that these speakers sell used. I, myself, have 5pairs... and would like to eventually add a single LaScala for a centre. That should be the last pair... [:$]

Rob