Poll: Do you think U.F.O's exist?

travisc

Ok, science doesn't work for things in the past that can't be replicated...but you mention science so show me what things you've seen replicated in the lab (PM me if you want). Geology is full of circular logic which isn't exactly the best for of logic available, and carbon dating is completely false and doesn't work on even the most fundamental levels (got a fun lab experiment that shows this oh so well). And even if you want to blindly believe in it, why in the world would someone create the universe starting at age 0? And who gets to determine what exactly age 0 is? For all we know, and science cannot contradict this, the world was created yesterday in the exact shape and age of yesterday....we of course know this to be false (do we really?), but science can have no say in the matter.............................

Please point out how "geology is full of circular logic" and elaborate on why c-14 dating (or any radiometric dating method) is "completely false and doesn't work".

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Please point out how "geology is full of circular logic" and elaborate on why c-14 dating (or any radiometric dating method) is "completely false and doesn't work".

The rocks are now dated by the fossils found in them, and the fossils are dated by the kind of rock they are found in.

Carbon 14 dating is based on the assumption that the rate of decay is constant, and is the same as it was "millions" of years ago. Other dating methods have their own problems.

Intelligent Design is always "a farce" -- until you die.

NO

There is no UFO's flown by aliens,no cigar shaped or saucer shaped crafts that crashed.This old UFO BS was invented by the US army to scare the population and keep the uneducated populace worried and to get funding for "defense" projects.

All the proof is only talk by psycho lunatics who look to be mentally ill and probably have severe halucinations. There is no hidden space craft,no legit alien bodies,just manufactured lies.

Sure aliens are so advanced they have made it across the galaxy(or galaxies) and arrive here to crash on a planet where the supreme leader is G.W. Bush ! [:$] Please tell that to little scared kids or drunkards who live in shacks in the woods.

There is no real deal UFO's,all abductes are halucinating sick people who should be treated. The video "evidence" is ALWAYS blurry and looks fishy.

Anyone on this forum who thinks UFO's are legit needs to take his meds [:D]

My mother brought over a documentary movie the other day http://www.privilegedplanet.com/.

This movie has the take that the Earth IS a very special and unique planet. That there were MANY things that had to align up just right for life as we know it to happen. And for the first time that I've heard, some of these guys had a scientific view where that because of all the odds, one must look to a higher being for the existence of earth and life here.

Do I believe in UFO's? Not sure as I've never seen one with my own two eyes, at the same time, I've yet to see any proof that the existance of UFO's are an impossibility. I do find it hard to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe. Even from a religious stand point. If God made us, who is to say that he didn't create another world just like this one somewhere else?

I guess our fire control radar was tracking an hulucination that had a metal skin and traveled at 1800 mph. The computer was halucinating and all 8 people that were watching it were halucinating at the same time. The binoculars used by the control officer were also halucinating--it's hard to get good non- halucinating glass nowadays.

JJK

"If God made us, who is to say that he didn't create another world just like this one somewhere else?"

It is stated in the bible that God so dearly loved us that he created

us in his own image. Those green little men ain't look like him

at all. [:D].

"If God made us, who is to say that he didn't create another world just like this one somewhere else?"

It is stated in the bible that God so dearly loved us that he created us in his own image. Those green little men ain't look like him at all. [:D].

Yes but that does not mean he did not make another world where they look just like us. Hell, for all we know, they have TV, Stereo and everything we have.

Moon,

"...there were MANY things that had to align up just right for life as we know it to happen..."

IMHO that's putting the cart before the horse. Live evolved the

way it did here *BECAUSE* of the conditions here. That argument

is sort of like putting a piece of bread out on your windowsill, then

being amazed that the organizms that grew on it happened to be those

that the bread was ideally suited to support.

Look at the conditions at the black smokers by which the giant tube worms grow.

Water temp in close proximity to worms: 752 degrees F. Water

pressure, 260 atmoshperes. High concentration of Hydrogen Sulfide

gas present. Yet the worms thrive. If you saw a planet with

surface temperatures of 750 degrees, pressure 250 or 300 times ours,

with high concentration of noxious gasses, would you assume life could

not evolve there?

Check out http://www.bact.wisc.edu/Microtextbook/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=177&page=1

Dr. Who you're killing me.[:o]

I'm sure all of the geologist out there agree with your point of

view that they're worthless. The oil companies should fire them all as

they obviously don't know the difference between a million year old

rock and the rock they're smoking right??

I guess you're not a fan of the Big Bang theory either, huh? Or the

thermal/time measurements taken on expanding stars to determine the age

of the Universe. Can the Big Bang be replicated? NO, but

it's been computer modeled to death. Then again it's still only a

theory and not proofed. Still I give it weight on the side of being

most probable. That is until someone can debunk it.

I've read carbon dating has it's flaws. On the other hand flawed or not

it's still widely used today. Why is that? Are all the labs performing

the test a bunch of rip off, money laundering, bamboozeling frauds?

http://www.c14dating.com/int.html

Where's the Attorney General when you need him?

Finally, science or no science, rocks or no rocks, I still

ain't buying the dinosaurs are only 5K years old, and in only 5K years

they've managed to be buried several thousand feet below the surface

and turned into oil. No way, no how. I don't need science

to tell me that. Common sense is more than enough.

I hate junk science...

http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/bigbang.htm

As far as the UFO's. Didn't you ever watch the X Files? [:D] What more proof do you need???[mo]

"Please point out how "geology is full of circular logic" and elaborate on why c-14 dating (or any radiometric dating method) is "completely false and doesn't work".

The rocks are now dated by the fossils found in them, and the fossils are dated by the kind of rock they are found in.

Carbon 14 dating is based on the assumption that the rate of decay is constant, and is the same as it was "millions" of years ago. Other dating methods have their own problems.

Intelligent Design is always "a farce" -- until you die.

"The rocks are now dated by the fossils found in them, and the fossils are dated by the kind of rock they are found in."

That is a grossly deceptive statement often seen in the propaganda for intelligent design. It's as misleading as saying that Christians commune with a three headed god by drinking blood.

"Carbon 14 dating is based on the assumption that the rate of decay is constant, and is the same as it was "millions" of years ago. Other dating methods have their own problems."

Are you saying that there is evidence that laws of physics have changed? Each dating method definitely has limitations but within their useful dating ranges and proper application, they are statistically valid with verifiable and repeatable results around the world. Saying that they have problems is like saying capacitors are completely unreliable because one didn't work right when it was put in the wrong circuit.

I don't understand why evolution, and science in general, threatens the religious faith of some people. Scientific thought is not a belief system and is not absolute - it is constantly being refined, challenged, and even revolutionized from time to time. This may make some people uncomfortable, but each step in the progression reaches a better understanding of the world. I would think that a person of religious conviction would objectively seek knowledge regarding the universe and evolution of life in order to understand the divine nature of whatever deity they worship. Intelligent design and creation "science" force the world to fit into a preconceived system that supports a literal interpretation of the Bible and tosses out the parts that don't fit. Was it Mark Twain who claimed that man created God in his own image? The truth of Galileo's observations of moons revolving around Jupiter was suppressed as heresy and blasphemy by the religious leaders of the time because it threatened their comfort level in what they believed to be an earth centered universe. For a religious person, wouldn't the denial of Gods creation be the actual heresy? The same goes for evolution. Why is so much energy put into denying cosmology, geology, biology, and evolution rather that embracing these concepts as the model of God's method of creation? In Genesis, God molded man from a lump of clay. A simplified scientific explanation of the origin of man would be similar in that some of the earths elements formed compounds that combined into amino acids that eventually formed the building blocks of living organisms that evolved into all life today including man. Insert a creator if you want. Couldn't the evolutionary record simply be the thumb print of God to a religious mind.

I think you have to look at Genesis metaphorically otherwise your faced with too many inconsistencies for a literal interpretation. For example, since the earth was created on the third day of creation, who can say how long the first two days were without measuring them by the earths rotation? To a religious person, does it really matter old the earth is? Does it really threaten anyone's faith if the earth is 4.6 billion years old? Why put so much energy into opposing rational science and trying to prove that Genesis is the literal account of creation when the Sermon on the Mount speaks so much more to the essence of Christianity?

The four alien bodies from Roswell ,New Mexico were flown to Wright/Pat in Ohio. HA HA. Well my skooba diving buddy and I were in the local slop shoot in Twinsburg, Ohio about 15 years ago and struck up a conversation with and old guy in ill health. His name was Mr. Ball and he lived in Hudson, Ohio. My buddy started talking about the diving test tank at Wright/Pat where they licensed divers at a 100 fit level. Mr. Ball said the tank was removed and that it was near the infamous hanger 18. Mr. Ball also said he had a top secret clearance and worked at Oak Ridge in World War II at the Manhatten Project. While visiting the base one day he was asked to witness an autopsy. He said OK and they took everything from him and dressed him in an all white suit. They carved up the 3rd alien body from Roswell and said the 4th was shipped to area 51. Mr. Ball died about two years later.

About 3 years ago I met and be-friended an hydralic salesman in Mcdonalds in Twinsburg and after a few months of bullcrapping the Roswell thing came up and we talked about Wright/Pat. He said he sells a lot of cyrognic valves to them and one day he casually mentioned something about aliens. A Captain came up to him and reamed his butt every which way. Then he found out that everything at Wright/Pat is underground and most of the stuff above ground was a ruse. He said he never mentioned anything about aliens again while at Wright/Pat. He had said to me that the captain implied that "very bad things" could happen his way". The latest "rumors" had 31 alien bodies and everything was shipped to area 51 which is all underground also. Addendum: While I was in the Navy off Gittmo Bay we were having a full blown gun excersize and during a lull the fire control radar picked up a large target at about 20 miles away. We locked on and it was motionless in the air for a couple of minutes. All of the stations were fully manned due to being in the middle of general quarters. It started to move toward our destroyer and then really started moving fast and we lost it when it travelled overhead. The computer revealed a speed of 1800 mph. This was in 1961. Oh well I guess it was a weather balloon.

+++++++++++++++++++++

About 10 years ago I read a book I think was cvalled " The day after Roswell" written by a retired Army Senior Officer.

One of the main points of the book was in regard to the creation and patenting of the silicon based transistor.

2 years fter the supposed Roswell crash the transistor appeared from no where in the scientific scene. Thansistor devlopment to date was a failure and very much stagnated.

Subsequent to the patent many of the participants died mysteriously in a short number of years.

THe book is a good read, not sensationalized at all. Just what you would expect an Army officer to write.

With WP AFB and Area 51; I beleive where there is smke there is fire.