Thanks NosValves!

Woodog

I recently bought Craig's (NosValves') old Scott 130 preamp from forum member Steve who had owned it for the past 2 years. I had to have one after hearing Seadog's 130 in Hope at the Heritage gathering. (I'm sick that way)

When I got it home on Sunday there was no sound and I was so bummed. Something had happened during shipping, but I didn't know what it was. All I knew was that all but one of the preamp tubes weren't firing up. I was going to pack it up and send it to Craig today, but I called him first.

He told me to get out my multimeter, remove the rectifier tube so I wouldn't fry myself, and then he patiently walked me through a power supply diagnostic.

The result was a quick and simple fix involving a $2 part from the local TV repair shop, a little solder, and 45 minutes. The preamp is singing away (fine, fine sound) as I type and I learned something in the process.

Thanks a BUNCH, Craig, I really appreciate everything!

Woo

hi,

spacer.gif

He bends over backwards for people. Too bad he's such an ahole.:)

no he's not, he just has strong opinions which he's entitled to

An expert is a person who avoids small error as he sweeps on to the grand fallacy. -- Benjamin Stolberg

An expert is a person who almost learned from all of his mistakes. --- Me

to be gender neutral here, the shes make no mistakes. -- not me

good listening

Larry

Hey Larry, ..it's OK these guys always joke like that.

I guess that's a big bonus when you do business from Craig/NOSvalves....he will be there to help in the long run.

not only that, but he's fascinated with the stuff, and I think that's a very cool aspect of his approach. He's always trying to push the limit to get better sound.

Oh, and I don't think Dean was joking. [;)]

Woo

I felt awful when Forrest reported the 130 wasn't working when he got it. I thought I had packed it well, and double boxed it to boot. My profession is with the airlines, and i know there are some people that don't handle packages the way I pride myself on doing so. Anyway, Forrest is a good guy too, for working through this problem and not getting upset!

Thanx, Forrest, hope you enjoy the preamp..it's a dandy. And thanx Craig, for having the patience to help him fix it.

Happy listening!

Steve

I have also had great service from Craig at NOSValves over the last few years. Everything I spent money on is still performing perfectly. But maybe the most important service that Craig offers that nobody talks about is the fact that he uses Klipsch speakers as a reference. I'm pretty sure that means that he is selecting components and making mods to amps so that they are optimized for use on Klipsch speakers.

I still have not heard better amps on LaScalas than the VRDs. I know he is using LaScalas in his shop among other Klipsch speakers which I'm glad I have a pair.[<:o)]