I HATED THIS MOVIE

itsawomanthing

"Two Lane Blacktop". I liked the car though. Also Cornell Wilde, but his "Naked Prey" was beautifully done but the acting not so good.

JJK

ARE YOU JOKING? Two Lane Blacktop features Warren Oates in perhpas his FINEST performance as "GTO." I think he deserved a friggin Acadamy Award nomination for that one. Oates was a GREAT actor!

car.jpg?gr04DYDBHT_4Zxbo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only movie I've walked out of is Problem Child.

And try as I may, I can't stay awake through The English Patient. I'm sure it's very good, but makes me sleeeeeeeepy.

What you didn't like that annoiying little boy? His voice drives me up the wall! The English Patient I never seen it nor will I. Unless it's necessary to sustain life which I doubt will ever come to pass.

My dad wouldn't let us watch

Barney and would ground us from TV if we did.....he always told us it

was rated R

(for retarded, lol)

What are you, like, 12? They had Barney when you were a kid?

I'm 21 and yes Barney was around when I was kid (it was brand new at the time).

Ok - I'll agree with you on these ALL except Bruce Willis, who I just

like to look at!! But that is a personal opinion and my husband

knows about that!! HA -- I would like to add a few more

names to the list

1. The Rock -- oh pleeeeeeze - snore! He is the 2000 edition of Fabio

2. Any Muppet movies

3. Any "reunion" movies - I don't care what the Brady Bunch, Maybury RFD, the Cosby's - don't care

where they are or what they are doing.......

4. Any Star Trek movies (sorry I know y'all like them but they don't do a thing for me)

5. Anything with alien creatures in it - I have a teenager - I've seen worse than these movies can come

up with when it comes to frightening people and situations.

6. How about the movie "Death to Smoochie" - that's another big fat zero in my world

7. Nothing with Robin Williams, Steve Martin, any Saturday Night

Live Alum (save the Blues Brothers-but that's more the music than the

acting)......

I could go on - but I think I've made my point!

By the way, do Steven Segal, Richard Benjamin & Richard Dreyfuss

really think they are actors??????? Thank heavens we don't have

to endure "Bridgett Loves Bernie" anymore!

ANY thing with Slyvester Stallone, Steven Segal, Bruce

Willis, Richard Benjamin, Richard Dreyfuss, in it. I'm sure there

are others that will come to me later, but these are actors I will never watch. I will NOT, under any circumstances watch any movie these guys are in.

Oh, I forgot: add Adam Sandler to the list and Pauly Shore - although

I'm not sure anyone would actually characterize what he does as

"acting."

An ealier post brought this one to mind. Team America: World

Police. One of the few movies I was unable to sit through the

whole thing. I love South Park, but this movie was stupid and

incredibly annoying. After hearing them sing "America - F***

Yeah!" for the millionth time I was too annoyed to continue watching.

I liked Bruce in 12 Monkees!

Oh, sorry, I am supposed to say something mean and nasty in this thread...

I hate the insipid Adam Sandler style movies - and just about everything Saturday Night Dead has done for the last 20 years.

Mean and nasty is not absolutely necessary -- but you are right

about Adam Sandler!! [:)] Do you really think if the

original name of the thread had been "movies I really-sort of-kinda

don't like" many people would have responded? LOL

"7. Nothing with Robin Williams, Steve Martin, any Saturday Night Live Alum (save the Blues Brothers-but that's more the music than the acting)......

I could go on - but I think I've made my point!"

Well--shoot--you're missing out on some pretty damn good movies!!!

You have to see Robin Williams in "One Hour Photo", "Good Will Hunting" and "The Fisher King" and his best stand up"Robin Williams Live" from 1981--

And Steve Martin in "Roxanne", "All of Me", "The Spanish Prisoner", and "Bowfinger"--all great movies--

And I agree--Adam Sandler sucks--but "Happy Gilmore" is a scream--he gets punched out by Bob Barker! And "50 First Dates" is pretty darn good--tad sappy, but good--

And you don't think Billy Crystal in "When Harry Met Sally" is good? Or Chevy Chase and Bill Murray in "Caddyshack"? Don't get me started about Bill Murray--he's a fave.

Even Will Farrell is hilarious sometimes--I didn't like "Old school" or "Ron Burgundy", but he's a comic genius in "Elf"--

Christopher Guest is more underground, but "Best In Show", and "Spinal Tap" are fun movies--

Shoot --Saturday Night Alums have had their share of duds--but they also had alot of good ones--Even Dan Aykroyd's good in Driving Miss Daisy!

• Moderators

"7. Nothing with Robin Williams, Steve Martin, any Saturday Night Live Alum (save the Blues Brothers-but that's more the music than the acting)......

And Steve Martin in "Roxanne", "All of Me", "The Spanish Prisoner", and "Bowfinger"--all great movies--

Don't forget Plain, Trains, and Automobiles (The Man with Two Brains and The Jerk are personal faves, but debatable as quality entertainment) [:)]

Don't forget Plain, Trains, and Automobiles (The Man with Two Brains and The Jerk are personal faves, but debatable as quality entertainment) [:)]

They're great--The Jerk was so unconventional but funny as heck--

And that black and white thriller spoof --a take-off on Bogart movies was great, too--

Dragonfyr said: I hate the insipid Adam Sandler style movies - and just about everything Saturday Night Dead has done for the last 20 years.

Add any movie with that stupid Elf guy and Im with you 100%. Its hard to believe anybody could sit through stuff like that.

Christmas Vacation was the first movie I actually walked out of a theater on. I made it to the circle jerk scene!

We rented Anchorman and I made 10 minutes. Even my kid bailed within 20!

Christmas Vacation was the first movie I actually walked out of a theater on. I made it to the circle jerk scene!

Are you talking about National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation? That move

is funny to no end. Love the part where Eddie is unloading the

Motorhome holding tank, "Sh!tter's Full"!

If that's the one with Chevy Chase, then that 's it. It really hit me the wrong way. So stupid, IMHO, that it was embarrassing.[:$] The Vegas one had a few laughs but none involving Chase. I think the kid was the star of that movie! As you can tell, I'm no fan of Chevy Chase. I thought he, almost single handedly, ruined "Caddy Shack". Thank God for Rodney, Bill and Ted!

Well--shoot--you're missing out on some pretty damn good movies!!!

You have to see Robin Williams in "One Hour Photo", "Good Will Hunting" and "The Fisher King" and his best stand up"Robin Williams Live" from 1981--

Don't forget "Dead Poets Society"