Thinking of Downsizing to Reference

Frzninvt

As Dick Enberg would say, "OH, MY"![:o]

Ya know, Frizn, I had a thought during the planning stage of having Klipschorns in my HT room with a Belle at center, and it was to be a really tight squeeze. The Cornwalls made more sense sonically, and had a smaller footprint to avoid taking up all of the extra space in my room. I also felt that the Cornwalls would be more flexible when/if I end up in another dwelling (high probability of that happening).

But if I had THAT setup in a reasonably well set up room, there is no way in hello I could sell it - (well, unless it was for vintage or JBL pro - but that's not really realistic from my POV). Your system IS a world class system, and while the Reference is good, it's not fully horn loaded Klipschorns.........

That is a system that most would dream of. You spent considerable time and energy building it. I know how hard I worked to do my HT, and I couldn't even think of parting wih it. Quite frankly, I'm shocked that you are considering selling yours. And for what it's worth, my wife would have the same reaction that your wife did, because she is addicted to them as much as I am.

Selling my Klipsch would be like selling a family member.

OK, you guys are right. Not even the local theaters can compete with the accuracy and detail of this system. It can outperform just about anything including the Klipsch Ultra THX system easily. I realize that it was going to be a compromise in performance for sure. You can take the NAD to 0db and not have the slighest bit of distortion or breakup. I get some crazy notions from time to time.

My wife might be able to pull off Wayne's idea so I better change my mind, better hide those cinder blocks too! The river is running pretty high right now due to all the rains so my body would be pretty tough to find. [;)]

A whole bucnh of replies ahead of mine and I've not read them all...so this might be repetitive.

I replaced my 1st set of Khorn with RF-7's. For me the impact was immediate and the comparison clear as day and night. That RF-7 held not a candle to the Klipschorn.

For the expense being invested in the proposed replacement system I'd at least grind like hell to squeeze every penny from that collection of babied speakers. Then the war dep't may be a little less perturbed.

It took less than 2 years before I got Khorns back. Kept the Reference gear. It's for T.V. and the Heritage is for 2 channel.

If I had the disposable income available I would have jumped in a heart beat, with one condition, he take a money order an wait a month to cash it. Then every day for that month he would have been required to sit and listen to the system he had, then he could send the money order back. [;)]

The river is running pretty high right now due to all the rains so my body would be pretty tough to find. [;)]

Having a that river right behind your house makes a quick job of

dragging your body down there... she could probably just roll you

down. [:P]

Rob

I'm sure you have thought this through. HOWEVER! YOU WILL REGREAT SELLING YOUR WORLDCLASS SYSTEM FOR MASS MARKET STUFF.

Welcome to the forum bookman,

The Reference system he is considering will sound AWESOME. BTW: They are also hand crafted in Hope Arkansas and aren't mass marketed, unfortunately .
Why is it unfortunate that they are made in Arkansas and are not mass marketed.???

I'm sure you have thought this through. HOWEVER! YOU WILL REGREAT SELLING YOUR WORLDCLASS SYSTEM FOR MASS MARKET STUFF.

Welcome to the forum bookman,

The Reference system he is considering will sound AWESOME. BTW: They are also hand crafted in Hope Arkansas and aren't mass marketed, unfortunately .
Why is it unfortunate that they are made in Arkansas and are not mass marketed.???

To clarify: I am proud they are made in Arkansas but disappointed the upper end Reference isn't readily available to the market.[;)]