Donations on behalf of Lynnm

Amy

• Moderators

Something strange is happening with this thread, so I'll try again!

This post is in reference to Bob's idea's for some kind of donation in memory of our forum friend, Lynnm. There were a couple threads concerning this, so I thought I'd put them into one.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amy moved the following from another thread to this one, but it seems to have gone away from here. I will put this in again here.

Guys,

To those who have expressed interest in a forum gift in Lynn's name, I would suggest that the gift go to the Canadian Cancer Society as suggested in his wife's email. They have a web site and by navigation through the links first to "Donate Online" then to Alberta Province, there is a way to donate by credit card in memory of a person and a way to fill out a card to be sent to his wife.

http://www.cancer.ca/ccs/internet/frontdoor/0,,3172___langId-en,00.html

This donation could be individual or we could collect up the funds in someones Paypal account and donate as a group of Klipsch forum members. I have a Paypal account that can be accessed by a Paypal credit card and would offer that account to collect up the funds or we could all use someone elses account. I think someone else, (perhaps Craig) already offered that option. I can send privately the address I have for Lynn's wife to whomever needs it for this purpose.

Lets have some discussion and get this started.

Bob Crites

Would it be nicer to collect the funds at a central location, say Bob's paypal which he has generously offered (or mail in checks, I suppose) and present the family with a single sizeable donation to an agreed upon charity of the family's choice?

Or would each individual prefer to present their own gift?

I think the single gift might be simpler for the family to respond to.

Bob's correct, we should get the ball rolling as soon as possible.

Michael

I'm thinking a group donation would be best, and quite frankly for a real selfish reason.

I strictly limit my charitable donations to only a few groups because

every time I branch out I get on some mail and phone list and end up

getting inundated with solicitations. They always end up spending more

money than I donated trying to get more money from me that won't be

forthcoming.

While a worthwhile cause, there are cancer society's closer to home that I could support.

So I tihnk using paypal and checks with one central collection point

would insulate us while paying practical tribute to Lynn's memory and

funding a worthy cause.

I also agree...we do this as a Klipsch Forum member's group donation to a single PayPal account (Bob or Craig, or whomever is decided on), and a member's physical mailing address for those who send in checks and/or money orders.

http://www.legacy.com/can-calgary/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=15643139

Lynn Marshall

000162867_20051108_1.jpgMARSHALL _ Lynn John The Family of Lynn Marshall is saddened to announce his passing on Sunday, November 6, 2005 after a brief but valiant struggle with cancer. Lynn was in the arms of his loving family when he left us for a better place. Born in England on August 27, 1943, Lynn moved to Canada with his family at a young age. Lynn married Rosanne Beneteau on February 23, 1963 and subsequently their daughter Anne Marie was born in June 1965. While raising his young family, Lynn obtained his Bachelors of Arts and Social Work at the University of Windsor and subsequently his Masters in Social Work at Sir Wilfred Laurier University in Waterloo, Ontario. Lynn's involvement with his social work clients took him and his family to many locations in Ontario, Manitoba and finally in High River, Alberta in 1979. His dedication to his work helped many people through the years. From 1985 to 1996 Lynn was the proprietor of Marshall's Attic. In 1999, Lynn discovered his real passion and returned to school to earn his diploma in Computer Technology. Since then, Lynn could be found helping anyone and everyone who had computer questions or problems. Lynn is survived by his wife Rosanne and his daughter Anne Marie (David Stokes); his sister Lorraine (Mike) Mousseau; his nephews Garret, Kerry and their families; and his aunt Irene (Marv) Grenier. He was predeceased by his parents, Dorothy and Percy. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Canadian Cancer Society, Second Floor, 215, 12 Avenue, S.E., Calgary, Alberta, T2G 1A2. A Funeral Service will be held on Tuesday, November 8, at 1:00 p.m. at the SNODGRASS FUNERAL CHAPEL in High River. To email condolences please visit www.snodgrassfuneralhomes.com . Arrangements in care of SNODGRASS FUNERAL HOME LTD., High River, Telephone: 652-2222.
Published in the Calgary Herald from 11/7/2005 - 11/8/2005.

OK

Here we go. I have been talking with Craig on the phone, and we decided to go with me collecting up the funds to make a forum donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in memory of Lynnm. The Canadian Cancer Society will send a card to Lynn's wife acknowledging the gift in memory of Lynn.

You can also, of course choose to make a private donation. If you want to make a donation as a forum, send the funds to my paypal account:

bobcrites@centurytel.net

or: send check or money order to:

Bob Crites

1925 East Gum Log Rd.

Russellville, AR

or: I can accept credit cards directly by phone.

479-967-1542

On any of these donations please let me know that it is in memory of Lynn Marshall and let me have your name and forum moniker.

Now lets do something good.

Bob Crites

Apparently, Lynn was also a recent member and well known throughout the Steve Hoffman Forums by some of their members, enough so that a thread was posted on his recent passing:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=65152&page=1&pp=20

I thought it would be fitting since many posted their condolences on the above thread, that I would make mention of this Klipsch Forum "Donations on behalf of lynnm" thread in case any of his new audio friends on the SH Forums would care to make a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in Lynn's memory. Lynn obviously made alot of new aquaintences over there...seems his wit and wisdom also affected a number of them as well, so much so that they felt the need to remember him thru a thread for all to read.

To me, that says an awful lot about Lynn's character...for a relative newbie to a new forum making that many new friends so quickly with his insight and popular devotion. He will be missed by far more than we may know...

I have been talking with Craig on the phone, and we

decided to go with me collecting up the funds to make a forum donation

to the Canadian Cancer Society in memory of Lynnm.

I'm glad this is being followed thru on... as it's a great idea. I'll get something out to you...

ROb