New VRDs Settling In Nicely

garymd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jim.

I swapped in some cheater plugs today and the slight buzz I've been getting is now completely gone. If I had any time, I'd actually listen to some music.[:(] Taking a break to watch the end of the Skin's game. Down by 3 with 21 seconds and they're driving!

So you got some VRD's huh Gary. I did not figure it would take you too long. So they sound better in the bass department, cleaner, and overall more commanding than your current amps. The sound stage has more depth, yada yada yada[:)]

I think power cords are in line for the next tweak...maybe even some of those kardas thingys that make the sources sound better[:D]

I think power cords are in line for the next tweak...maybe even some of those kardas thingys that make the sources sound better[:D]

Bill -- minor or not, you can try out a displaced ESP power cord of mine, that on at least some tube preamps appears to clarify and enliven the highs and tighten up (i.e., decrease) the bass a bit. A mixed bag like a lot of p cords, but can be synergistic in some systems. I don't know how it would compare with a Cardas..

Larry

Bill -- minor or not, you can try out a displaced ESP power cord of mine, that on at least some tube preamps appears to clarify and enliven the highs and tighten up (i.e., decrease) the bass a bit. A mixed bag like a lot of p cords, but can be synergistic in some systems. I don't know how it would compare with a Cardas..

Larry

Good point Larry. I probably wouldn't have bought the ESP for my Blueberry if I didn't audition it first. It did help out with high-end clarity and has an overall positive impact on my system. I've heard others say they couldn't tell the difference when they tried the same cord. It's certainly worth a try if you get the opportunity.

I actually just finished 18 hole at a cool 68 degrees. The wind was blowing at 30mph at times, boy can that take a ball out of play. Shot a 93.

I have a few different IC's I am trying and a set of transparent Ultra's at 6' on the way. I am seriously things about cones for my CD and BBXtreme. Wait till you break the VRD's in, they really pack a punch with high sensitivity speakers.

Hey Larry,

You didn 't by chance make that spare power cord did you? [:D] Do think think power cord over source connection for a bigger tweak?

Hey Larry,

You didn 't by chance make that spare power cord did you? [:D] Do think think power cord over source connection for a bigger tweak?

Hell no, I'm not good at making anything. Wanna try it?[H] You have mail, incidentally.

I agree with Gary that interconnects have a bigger and more predictable effect than a power cord. Both can be worthwhile.

Gary,

VRD's are horrible aren't they? Scott and I both warned you not to buy them! [;)]

Congrats and welcome to our "elite" club.

I , if I may say, am extremely proud to be part of the "elite" club, too !!!!

Golden ear Dean in charge of the club. Does he even have VRD's?

Yeah Larry, I would like to try the power cord if you promise they were not made by you. [:D] I found the one working IC the other day, but through it out. I connected the merlin in place of the PAS3 the other day and immediatley got a bad hum. It was the darn cheap Radio Shack IC's. replaced them and no hum. I guess the PAS3 didn't mind them. You sometines never know they are craping out on you.

You have to e-mail me at home Wtillman@tampabay.rr.com. Have you ever heard Paul Manor? I will have to send you the CD I am listening to. Even though you do not love Jazz, it has some great music for speaker and system comparisons.