My Most Holy Grail

colterphoto1

What are you guys looking for in Klipsch speakers?

I've collected quite a few in the past year or so, but now the list of 'must haves' is even longer: Here's what I'd drive all day for. Please let me know if anyone knows of any of these...

Decorator Cornwalls

CP1 or KP301 Industrial Cornwalls (a pair just sold for $450 arrggghhh)

HIP Heresy Industrial Ported, glass or stained like Gilbert's four!

Maybe build a pair of those CornScalas one day....

Michael

Decorator Cornwalls like Chris King's beauties? I'd drive to CA and back for a pair like his!

Same too for the georgous consumer mahogany Jubilees with matching wood horn...damn, that's nice!

I'd even go for those Premieres that first showed up on these forums earlier this year.

Stupid question...what exactly is a CornScala?

JT, go to updates or 2 ch (I fergit), JWCullison has actually built a pair of monsters with Cornwall bottom sections and Scala mid/hi's. He's working on a pair of DBB Cornscalas with double 15" 's now.

Try to visit the other Forums more, there's tons going on around here.

Didn't those guys sell one pair of those Decorators?

Michael

post-10755-13819276150896_thumb.jpg

Yeah, Michael, I do need to get out more (from 2-channel, that is). Actually, I do get around on occassion, just never saw that particular thread, I guess.

Yep, they sold a pair of Decorators to Gilbert I believe, and FedEx damaged them during shipment! Think Gilbert was refunded most if not all of his cost back, and got to keep 'em as well...a happy ending after all the BS runaround he went through.[;)]

"I will have Jubilees as

soon as I figure out what I want to do about the treble horn. Sure

would like to have the wooden horns that came from Italy.

Tony"

The martinelli wood horns are very nice indeed. I have been trying to

talk my brother a carpenter of thirty years into making me some

wood horns. I showed him the horns and what they sell for and he agreed

he could do it. However, if he were to do it he would need to make some

money while doing it himself. He was worried about how much of a market

there is for tractrix wood horns. I told him to just make a couple

pairs put them on audiogon as an auction and see how they fair.

Khorn / LaScala tops, Jubilee bottoms, ALK extreme slope nets. I'd give them a whirl.

Hey Colt,

Ever see a pair of "corner model" heresys? The ones that look like monitors, but not industrial cabinets or drivers? Back in the late 70s and early 80s they were popular in birch. Now, those might be nice collector's items. You don't see many of those anymore. In fact I haven't seen any on this forum even.

A friend of mine had a pair and everyone wanted them.

Khorn / LaScala tops, Jubilee bottoms, ALK extreme slope nets. I'd give them a whirl.

Hey Colt,

Ever see a pair of "corner model" heresys? The ones that look like monitors, but not industrial cabinets or drivers? Back in the late 70s and early 80s they were popular in birch. Now, those might be nice collector's items. You don't see many of those anymore. In fact I haven't seen any on this forum even.

A friend of mine had a pair and everyone wanted them.

Mark, were they ported? (a slot on the woofer end) They could have been industrials in a different finish. I know Gilbert here has Industrial Heresies with metal jack plates, handle on top, but they're in Walnut finish birch plywood, not black or fibreglass. Is it possible that you friend has these?

Colt,

I don't think the models I've seen were ported, and they didn't have handles either. I can't swear to them not being ported. I haven't seen a pair of corner heresys in probably 20 years. But they were something.

The ones I saw back then were completely raw birch and fit into a corner like a mini K-Horn. But as I remember they didn't quite come to a 45 and touch both walls like a Khorn. They had black grills and were essentially regular birch heresys in all regards but had these big corner extensions out the back and came to a point. You could lay them down like monitors, but noone did back then because they were natural wood, looked great and were used as livingroom speakers. The guys I knew put them in corners.

Superior Sound in Syracuse sold those models back then. That's where I knew them to be pruchased. Superior Sound has long since been out of business.

I think we may be talking about two different models.

We should put a call out for these mini beasts. They're probably worth way more than a regular heresy.

I would indeed drive all over Europe for a beautiful set of decorator Cornwalls! [au]. I would pay some money for it too. btw. [;)] Now I just have to wait how much the CW3 will be in Holland or Germany (sometimes cheaper). Tim.

Given the exchange rate I don't think you are going to find them cheaper in Europe {edt: unless you were talking about getting them cheaper in Germany vs Holland} . There have been several posts recently that had European links with prices and they seem to compare euro/$$ on a 1 to 1 basis instead of exchange rate. Evidently if you want to see the new Premier line you WILL have to go overseas first (or already be there) [:(]. I think they are supposed to be released there after the first of the year.

BTW, Are you an American living in the Netherlands or are you Dutch, if you don't mind me asking. [:)]

What are you guys looking for in Klipsch speakers?

I've collected quite a few in the past year or so, but now the list of 'must haves' is even longer: Here's what I'd drive all day for. Please let me know if anyone knows of any of these...

Decorator Cornwalls

CP1 or KP301 Industrial Cornwalls (a pair just sold for $450 arrggghhh)

HIP Heresy Industrial Ported, glass or stained like Gilbert's four!

Maybe build a pair of those CornScalas one day....

Michael

I might consider trading my Decos for 2 matching pair of regulars in nice condition. Are these Decos really that much more desirable? If you all think so, I'd consider trades. But I'm not eager or anything, so it would take something real tempting. Heck... I'm not sure.

Michael, why can't you just buy a piece of wood for the motorboard and make regular Corns into Decos?

Nope, the way the cabinet is assembled is entirely different. Most normal CW's are mitre joints and the motorboard is inset. Look at your CWD's- the sides should come all the way to the front edge, so the 7 ply is showing, but the flush motorboard extends all the way to the top edge, so the top panel is less deep than the sides. It's even different from a CD-BR, which is butt seams all the way round, with an inset motor board.

The really cool thing about a decorator cabinet is that you can reveneer it edge to edge for a very cool look- see my decorator Heresy thread.

Are you're horizontal or vertical decorators? Can you post photo?

post-10755-13819276192536_thumb.jpg

Yes, I see what you are saying. As far as pics, I'll get my friend's camera and get some. Mine look like what you just posted - only I've pulled the cloth off the front of only 1 so far. Mine has less grain in the wood - although it is birch like the one you showed.

BUT.... couldn't you trim down the sides the inch or so in order to have them equal? Then, you could go with a new face. Definitely some work, but am I right or wrong?