Best Xmas music

theryugobuddy

Christmas albums get stowed away never to be heard from until late November each year when they are played almost exclusively for three weeks--then stowed away again. Who listens to Jingle Bells bells in July? Nobody--

We all have them, and we all add new ones every year, don't we?

I just love to hear some nicely recorded Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Christmas songs booming out my KG's, but that was last year. Brian Setzer's latest is oh so 2005--

My wife wants to listen to Kenny G (ouch!)

Anyway---

What Christmas albums do you keep year after year because they are so good, AND what new ones are you listening to?

Last year I got a CD at a Hallmark card store called "James Taylor, A Christmas Album" not James Taylor's best work but pleasant.

Several years ago I bought Harry Connick, Jr. "When My Heart Finds Christmas" I haven't listened to it this year. As I recall it is ok.

I really enjoy Diana Krall: "Christmas Songs" currently this is my favorite Christmas CD.

TSO is awsome.

A couple other totaly differant types of Christmas music I like are Mariah Carrie's Christmas cd as well as Lorrie Morgans Christmas cd. Lorri Morgans has only like 5 songs but her version of My favorite things rivals Julie Andrews version and some think it is better.

Just my 2 cents

I've got one that I'll bet none of you has ever heard. It's

called "The Sackville Allstars Christmas Record" It was

issued by Sackville Recordings out of Toronto. It features

Jim Galloway on sax, Milt Hinton on bass, Gus Johnson on

drums, and Ralph Sutton on piano. Their rendition of

"Good King Wenceslas" is my favorite cut. I'm also really

enjoying Dianna Krall's latest.

Garth

I have over 60 Holiday CD's. Here's some of the ones that come out year after year.

Vince Gualardi (Charlie Brown) everybody loves this

Chicago- great horn sections and vocal harmonies, very upbeat, several with cheesy kids choir though

Carpenters - beautiful orchestration and medlies on this one 20 tracks, probably 30 songs in all.

Harry Connick Jr- When my heart finds Christmas (the first one- second is too raucous for me)

Herb Alpert and the Tiajuana Brass (just cause Dad liked this stuff)

I've got some nice contempory Jazz Holiday samplers that are pretty neat for parties.

Jazz to the World. Blue Note for the special Olympics

Smooth Jazz Christmas BMG compilation 2000

Contemporary Jazz Christmas ' priceless jazz label'

Also there is a three CD GRP sampler set out of print that has some great stuff on it.

For adults,

Playboy Latin Jazz Christmas came out last year and is great uptempo and very contemporary

Michael