Need receiver ideas for the RB-35 system!

Falcon

After YEARS of begging I finally got permission to get the RB35 5.1 system! Needless to say I'm psyched! However, in all my pleadings I've always left out the fact that I'll have to buy a receiver to power these things. SO, to that end, I'm looking for a relatively "cheaper" receiver (a few hundred?) that can handle 6.1 (I'll get the center-rear later) as well as Dolby and DTS. I'm assuming everything they make these days has an optical input as well.

Any thoughts?

Also, what are your thoughts on the stands that come for the bookshelves? Nice? Crappy?

TIA

Aaron G

Philadelphia, PA

I would SERIOUSLY look at the Pioneer VSX 1015-TX, it's an excellent performer and can be found all over the place at a good price. Just like the Elite series minus the flashy piano finish. Auto calibration, 7x110w, GOOD components inside as well. Pioneer receivers sound wonderful with Klipsch, I used to run a Elite VSX 53TX and it was heaven, best receiver I could find for the money, and I have demoed Denon and owned HK.

If you don't like the Pioneer, the HK receivers would be my next choice, followed by Denon.

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_browse/default.asp?sp=S&brand=HK for re-furbished or www.audiogon.com for anything used to save some $$$.

I have always been happy with my Denon's and recently have been curious about how Harmon Kardon or something else sounds with Klipsch.

Denon in my personal opinion, sounds more warm and laid back than HK or Pioneer, HK is a little more warm than Pioneer still, but a little more bright than Denon (to me), but Pioneer is the brightest/in your face sounding out of the 3, but all have their benefits, they are all GREAT receivers.