Movies to Show off your Killer System

Wild Blue

How about "Das Boot" with a good bottom dweller sub for a reason not to be a submariner. Or one of my favorites for all around appeal and social relevance, "Dangerous Beauty"... it just may convince your significant other that the HT expense is justified. If you like a piano tour de force, try "piano GRAND" the eclectic work of the Smithsonian celebrating the invention of the piano's 300th anniversary... hosted by Billy Joel... far more contemporary than classical. Another one that scores for overall excellence is "Running Free" by the same folks who made "The Bear"... a South African horse story from the horse's perspective.

Time out, I gotta go watch a movie! cwm35.gif HornEd

James Taylor Live at the Beacon Theater, what a great sounding DVD that is, for me at least...

Movie wise, those that have been listed above are all great, as well as the opening sequence from Mask of Zorro.

One that just came out that has a LOT of activity in the surrounds is Jack in the Beanstalk, the Real Story, new to dvd but pretty neat...

G2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gladiator - Unleash Hell

Swordfish - opening bomb sequence

Dave Matthews Band Listener Supported - All Along the Watchtower

Crimson Tide - the scene where Gene Hackman is addressing the crew in the rain. What I like about this scene is that while most of us will never hear huge explosions in person so we really don't have a frame of reference but all of us have heard pouring rain so we can relate.

Troy

Another vote for Swordfish (the claymore mine scene). I've watched that scene 5 times in a row and just kept cranking it louder and louder...AWESOME.

JPIII in DT-ES

Pearl Harbor has some great scenes

The Haunting is great

True Lies with Arnold

Have yet to check out The Matrix. I'm saving it for my new sub in a few weeks. Will also have to check out T2UE.

m, true lies - arnold. u mean tom arnold? Wink.gif (j/k)

i wasn't real impressed w/ t2 even in dts es (matrix). thought it coulda been mixed much better.

now the matrix is a must-have. a true classic in sound

effects. believe it took all the oscars for anything having to do w/ sound, not to mention the fx. & it's i believe "only" available in dolby dig 5.1.

i believe this just goes to show that, though i consider dts to be the superior format to dolby for higher resolution/sampling rates, it's still up to the sound engineers' job on each disk release.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Had to add this one to the list. There is a new superbit version of Vertical Limit that I bought last night.Some of the best audio you will hear, especially the dts version. Good surround involvement throughout the movie and some deep bass. You will definitely feel immersed in sound. Highly recommended!

------------------

the goods

how about a thread called...

Killer Systems to show off your Movies? that would be interesting...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

try this one:

i enjoy the whole dvd, but for some a$$-kicking bass and high spl's, try the 'extras' section of 'yes at the house of blues' and play the 5.1 version of homeworld. WHEW!!

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

quote:

Originally posted by Swerv:

TITAN A.E.
ICE CRYSTAL SCENE: the bass will destroy your house, best and deepest bass ive ever heard on dvd period.

OH YES! I agree. I have not had a chance to hear it on my own personal system yet, but in the demo room. OH MY GOD. It was awesome. There were these little crackles that just sounded sweet!

------------------

the m00n system

RF-3II Front floors

RC-3II Center

RS-3II Surrounds

RSW-12 Subwoofer

Harman Kardon AVR 520

Toshiba SD 3205 DVD

Samsung 27" Flatscreen

The Fifth Element. Lots of ambient pseudo-technoir background music plus it features the largest controlled indoor explosion ever -- plus the aria by the Diva -- lots of highs; crystallic.

I agree here too... Lots of added voices and sounds around you. The diva singing is fantastic too. Another movie to understand what "love" is...LOL.