Call me CRAZY!

robster

First off,Happy New Year Everybody.. Wishing you all the Best in 2006!!

Call me crazy (er) :~)..

I decided I wanted an MP3 player for Christmas,something small to listen to tunes when walking the dogs,yardwork,blah blah.. to replace my 5 year old bulky cassette walkman.

Iriver blah blah. sounded good..

Well I got the 512mb iRiver,didn't even open the package,hmmm 512mb isn't big enough,headed to Circuit City to exchange (which is my middle name EXCHANGE!! just keep the RECEIPT!!)

got the Creative Zen 6GB on sale,liked it for a couple days,small,setting it up drove my small brain CRAZY (er) then read more about MP3's took it back got a 30G iPod,liked it for a few days,more space would be kewl I thought. wanted a Nano and so did every teenie in the world for Christmas.

Took it back got a 60GB ipod,I'm now in the process of importing 90-100 Cd's into it. Found the Headfi forum,I need a portable headphone amp,got the Ray Samuels Hornet,that made a big difference,got used Shure E4C's canal earphones off audigon,now I'm set.

Now I found out that Redwine Audio modifies the 4th generation Ipods to sound very good. Hmmm.do I take the 5G I just bought back and buy the open box 4th generation at Circuit City and send it off to Redwine. NOW I must stop!!

..plus some folks say (from reading forums) that the 5G ipods sound nearly as good as the Red Wine modded 4G.. Man O'man I never realized there is such a culture in portable audio. iLounge,Ipodstudio,XIN forum ..

All I wanted is good sounding tunes while walking and in the car so i don't have to lug dozens of Cd's.

Could MP3 = the DEVIL?

I'll have to post a picture of my Ray Samuels Hornet portable headphone amp,it's tee ninee!

Man O'Man it makes me LOVE my old fashioned tube gear and speakers! even more,plus they are built to last many many years.

Cheers,

Robert

I still wish there was something I knew of that worked and looked just like my CD-player in terms of an ordinary, every-day-looking stereo component that instead of playing CD's, stores all your stuff inside on one of those MP3-player chips. (with a nice, easy menu). I hate when my CD's skip. [:(]

Enjoy!

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/zero1/ti48.html

hero_front.jpg

Geeez Jeff, if the vibration in your listening area skips a hard drive there really is no point in talking about sound quality...you ain't gonna get it.

I really don't buy into the mega$ vibration control device theory, but I will say that having your listening room inside of a Tilt-a-Whirl is a bad idea.

I like to play drums to the stereo as a hobby. The room's upstairs. Kicking down on the bass drum pedal causes the vibration. That's my dilemma.

Keep me in mind for a post if you run across something. Thanks.

EDIT: I did just see that they have an RCA cable set you can use with the iPods. Hmmmm [*-)]

I don't know if that'd be my first choice. If they just had something that was just like an ordinary stereo component, only you plug in those little flash memory cards like you use on digital cameras. You'd need a pretty big memory card, though.

I like to play drums to the stereo as a

hobby. The room's upstairs. Kicking down on the bass drum

pedal causes the vibration. That's my dilemma.

Keep me in mind for a post if you run across something. Thanks.

EDIT: I did just see that they have an RCA cable set you can use with the iPods. Hmmmm [*-)]

I

don't know if that'd be my first choice. If they just had

something that was just like an ordinary stereo component, only

you plug in those little flash memory cards like you use on

digital cameras. You'd need a pretty big memory card,

though.

Just an example as to brand name or cost

.........CompactFlash data storage

post-16352-13819278737132_thumb.jpg

You are definitely crazy.

Plus - you obviously do not know what you want. How much music do you really need to carry around for doing yardwork - walking dogs etc? Sounds to me like the first 512 Mb option was the most suited to your application.

OK - then you want to the 6 Gb Creative Zen. Now that will certainly hold enough for your application - and would probably hold the 80 to 100 CDs you were talking about later - a fine choice in and of itself - if a bit over the top for your needs.

How you went from there to an Apple 30 Gb iPod and thence to a 60 Gb I have not understood. Adding a separate headphone amp is hardly assisting portability here either - however small it is - it is another box (and another set of batteries to charge/replace).

Crazy.....er....yup[:D]