Vinyl Set-Up For Sale - LPs Included

garymd

Hey all,

I've decided to scrap playing vinyl on my upstairs system. I'm tired of tip-toeing around. Besides, if I don't listen to CDs upstairs, they'll just collect dust.

In addition, I'm ready to get rid of lots of the vinyl I've collected over the years. I have way more then I'll ever listen to.

I have a nice sounding Thorens TD-165 with a Grado Green cartridge. It's a very respectable sounding table in perfect working order although the dustcover has seen better days.

The vinyl is a mix of classic rock, a little jazz and classical. I haven't gone through it all yet but I'm guessing somewhere around 100 or more (probably more) LPs, all will be in nice shape, some like new, others just decent but all very playable.

So, if you're looking to get into vinyl but don't know where to start or don't want to spend the time or gobs of money to find out if it's for you, this might be just the ticket. If you're interested and/or want more details, send me a PM. Highest (reasonable) bid takes all. PICK-UP ONLY.

P.S. If you're reading this Guy, I'll give you your cut for the cart.[;)]

Gary lent me that TT when I was trying to decide if I wanted to go the vinyl route. It sounds great you won't regret the purchase. I've also picked up about 50 or more LPs from Gary. I agree with Larry, Gary has the eye...that or just better thrift stores then are in my area.[;)]

GMD, when I read the title I thought I was going to have to beat feet over to your place to camp out and be the first in line to snag that Basis and all the LPs that I never dreamed you would part with.

I'm talking some really nice LPs here guys. Steely Dan, Yes, CSNY, Moody Blues, Sinatra, Bowie, Allman Bros., Tull, Doobies, Spyro, Getz, Brubeck, Beethoven, Bach, etc., etc. No Anita Bryant or Jim Nabors in this bunch.[;)] Maybe some Herb Alpert Whipped Cream but that's about as extreme as it gets.

I'm talking some really nice LPs here guys. Steely Dan, Yes, CSNY, Moody Blues, Sinatra, Bowie, Allman Bros., Tull, Doobies, Spyro, Getz, Brubeck, Beethoven, Bach, etc., etc. No Anita Bryant or Jim Nabors in this bunch.[;)] Maybe some Herb Alpert Whipped Cream but that's about as extreme as it gets.

Any Jackie McLean, Jimmy Smith or Joe Henderson?

Also if you have any Miles, Mingus, Monk, Cannoball or Coltrane?

Klipsch out.

Thanks Larry. Are you back home? If so, I'll give you a buzz tomorrow.

Yep, things are almost back to normal from work done on the house. Plus I recovered a scared-away cat with a Havahart trap baited with sardines (great odor!). Give me a call.

spacer.gif

hello gary if you dont find any takers i would be interested in the whole package, im going to get another set up togeather for my daughter and she is a classic rock/ classical/ country/ you name it fan tthis would be a great way to get her set up. i always hated to make offers on other peoples property as only they know what they need for it but ill throw out a 200.00 figure let me know Joe

Also if you have any Miles, Mingus, Monk, Cannoball or Coltrane?

Klipsch out.

Come on guys.[;)] I'll throw in a few nice jazz LPs but no original BN, Contemporary or Pacific Jazz LPs will be included.[:(] Maybe a Roulette or a Columbia 2-eye or two.............................Lots of DGs though![:D]

I'll second the quality of Gary's vinyl and the the Thorens/Grado setup

is more than likely something worth pursuing. If I wasn't broke,

I probably get them both.

Good to hear you caught the cat, Larry. But once they get a taste of freedom....

Tiger's so happy to be back in the fold he doesn't even go near the door and hangs close to me all the time. It might be the two divots a neighboring critter took out of his scalp hair. Heather hasn't stopped hissing at him, so tensions are still high in the 'hood.