Price for Used Heresies

Jeff Matthews

Actually, I've been ripping out sheetrock for an entire 23x16 room, ripping down a wall, running new electric, installing some can lights, and installing insulation. Want to join me? The only thing that doesn't suck is the vacuum cleaner. Just kidding. I enjoy it.

I might grab some Heresies, though. There's 3 matching pairs. Hmmmmm....

Last week I calculated an average price based on the past 12-15 Heresy

sales on Ebay. Most of those sold were birch, pretty good condition,

model I, 70s-80s vintage. The average was $405, and the range was $295

- $525. I did not include in that average one unexplainable

ending price of $750(!) and from non-zero bidders. Go figure. There

have been a number of sales ending >$500; I hope the price doesn't

rise dramatically.

I'm considering selling mine. They are 76 Birch Lacquer's that have since been restained in a Dark Walnut. There is some chips in the veneer.

If I were to keep them I would want to take the stain off and refinish them in a Golden Oak, but I really don't have a clue how to do it.

Mike

There ya go! That's what I'm talking about. Very nice!

Jeff - the copper colored cones are nice, but the problem is the black around them & various protrusions. Would much rather have the sleek look in a pretty veneer like the above pic.

I saw a pretty pair of 'decorator' Cornwalls listed FS somewhere last week that were re-veneered. Stunning.

I'm considering selling mine. They are 76 Birch Lacquer's that have since been restained in a Dark Walnut. There is some chips in the veneer.

If I were to keep them I would want to take the stain off and refinish them in a Golden Oak, but I really don't have a clue how to do it.

Mike

Mike, I don't know if you realise this, but without adding a layer of oak veneer, the end result would be a Golden Birch. [:S]

Oak veneer is available from various sources, some with a finish applied. You can apply it right over the Birch.

It wouldn't be that difficult to do, other than some practice with a router.

There's plenty of websites with clear instructions and pix, on how to go about it.