Klipsch Home Page Picture

artto

The "Fire Breathing Monsters" picture with the new RF-83, anyone see this as an alternating figure/ground image, like one of those perception teaser images? I wonder if this was intentional. If it wasn't, might be a good marketing technique, makes you look at the picture longer.

It really confused me the first time I saw it. At first it looked like the cerametallic driver's cones were "popped outwards". It seems if you look at it long enough your perception can alternate the cones projecting outwards, and cupped inwards as normal.

It's the false/artificial lighting that throws off our eyes. A touched up photo has the possibility to alter perception if not careful. This one did. Funny, though, I never saw the reverse as you say. I can force it, but it doesn't stay around long.

Yeah, and after snooping around in the RF-83 Products area, I think they just took one of the pictures and mirror imaged it. Fascinating that such a simple technique would produce the alternating figure/ground result, because when I look at the original, one-RF83 picture, I can't see the alternating figure/ground thing at all.

Also interesting that a few must force themselves to see it while most apparently have difficulty seeing it the "right" way first.

[*-)]

• Moderators

I seen it to and went looking for other pictures because i only see them sticking out? I couldn,t picture how it could work sticking outward, but i am not in the business of making speakers. All i could find was the term inverted dust covers. Also i didn't know what knife edge really meant,thought both sides met at one point in the rear?

edit: I went back and looked again and at first i thought they changed the picture,looked away and then they were the other way !