All-Time Greatest Guitarist

Jeff Matthews

I know I already mentioned Blackmore, Schenker and Roth but I should have included the late Randy Rhoads. Randy played a huge role helping Ozzy get back on his feet after Sabbath. March 19th 1982 was a sad, tragic day, but the hair still stands up on the back of my neck everytime I play Crazytrain.

Randy was good, so is Zack Wilde.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I already mentioned Blackmore, Schenker and Roth but I should have included the late Randy Rhoads. Randy played a huge role helping Ozzy get back on his feet after Sabbath. March 19th 1982 was a sad, tragic day, but the hair still stands up on the back of my neck everytime I play Crazytrain.

Thanks, I kinda forgot about zakk wylde. I just ordered his book of shadows cd off of ebay.

I skipped around in this post a little bit so i hope no one has already talked about a guitarist i think is just amazing. I can't give any opinion about hendrix and JP and van hallen since that was all before my time, but for the record i think Trace Bundy is one heck of a guitarist. Then again, i have only been playing for maybe a year and half, so this is just MHO.

videos/music

I think he is really creative, for ex. adapt

Maybe i like this on the best though, just because he has 5 capos,

I know that individually these two guys won't get any love, but, put them together and I think they are the absolute best guitar tandum in all rock history and that's Steve Clark and Phil Collen of Def Leppard. Sad that they were only together for 2 Def Leppard CDs; Pyromania and Hysteria. January 8th, 1991 Steve Clark died after mixing pain killers and alocohol.

Those two knew how to work together. They are so smooth when one is playing rythm the other lead, then the switch... Truely awesome.