• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the Sub:

portland craigslist > electronics > Pair 10" Eclipse Aluminum subs

last modified: Fri, 17 Feb 09:11 PST

Avoid scams & fraud by dealing locally:

· non-local deals involving shipping, wire transfer, or cashier checks are usually fraudulent

· there are no such things as "craigslist payment system", "craigslist buyer protection", or "craigslist seller certification"

· please report scam attempts to abuse@craigslist.org

please flag with care :

[miscategorized]

[prohibited]

[spam]

[discussion]

[best of]

email this posting to a friend

Pair 10" Eclipse Aluminum subs

Reply to: see below

Date: 2006-02-17, 9:11AM PST

I have a pair of 10" Eclipse Aluminum Subs for sale that are 4

ohm svc. These babies hit hard and low and are the hard to find spider

basket, which is one of the best subs Eclipse made. These have been

babied in a Lincoln Navigator mostly driven by my wife. These will blow

away Kickers, Rockfords, PG etc.

$100.00 each.

Custom made box with carpet can be added for $25.00 to each sub.

maxdog03@msn.com

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

NMqChVU9P6890Xo9zw9PcR7V65CJ.jpg

Highly irregular indeed I said to myself when I spotted his auction yesterday, so I queried him for a link to the manufacturer's website.

While I am aware of www.shinallandcompany.com , I have never heard of "ECLIPSE" and apparently neither has Google.

His Reply, Friday, February 17, 2006 4:06 PM CST:

"dear steve ,i am the manufacturer of these cornerhorn loudspeakers,my web site is not on the web currently,however call me at 360 651 **** ,i will be happy to talk to you in regard to my product and all available veneer woods ,etc.,thanks for e mail ,hope to here from you soon,cheers ****,mwb157."

Don't go flying off the handle - they are just "Klones".

There is nothing wrong with that.

DM

True, but the seller has the "Brand" listed as Klipsch.

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

Description

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

s.gif

Item Specifics - Home Speakers

Speaker Type:

Floor Standing

Wireless:

--

Brand:

Klipsch

Condition:

New

Cabinet Color:

Wood - Dark

• 2 weeks later...

They are back and it keeps getting better......forget for a minute that "Eclipse" has no manufacturer website for their line of "MSRP $9,998.00 SAVE $4,298.00 BY BUYING FACTORY DIRECT" and the upscale showroom pictured in his auction, now he posts a shill question too in his new listing:

mwb157s.gif located in Washington State gets a question from joyemp with zero bid activity registered in Washington State on February 24, 2006.

Q: When I first saw these speakers, I thought they were PWK Klipschorns, but they are Eclipse Cornerhorns. The veneer wood is like a fine piano,and the sound output is clean, crisp, and with sound quality far surpassing $80,000.00 speakers I heard at Definitive Audio. These Eclispe Loudspeakers are the best I have ever heard in my entire life! Wishes for your continued success, Joyemp Feb-24-06

A: dear joy,it's great to hear from you,i am glad you are enjoying your cornerhorn loudspeakers that you purchased from me in 2001. i really am happy that you feel the same about the cornerhorns,as when you first bought them. best wishes , mwb157.

Why would a loudspeaker system manufacturer be
purchasing used Klipsch components on eBay given the statements in his original listing:

A: "dear sir ,this is a pair of BRAND KNEW eclipse cornerhorn pair ,not klipsch,not used,sorry for the missunderstanding,also these do NOT contain klipsch or klipsch style drive components,cabs. are made in marysville wa.,not hope ark."

A: "my cab design is in fact based on paul ward klipsch s,hence the simalarity,"

Who the hell is paul ward klipsch and is he any relation to Paul Wilbur Klipsch who founded Klipsch & Associates in 1946 ?

Since these come with a "FULL 8 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY" they must be better than Klipschorns (unless connecting speaker wires voids the warranty).

I can't believe he relisted them at the same high price. And I also checked on that Joyemp. Just registered to post the "these sound like $80,000 speakers".

Gross!

Has anyone gotten an answer as to what guts these things have?

That said, I wish I had the skill to pull off what he did.

I dunno...I can't understand why these guys, even though they seem to love the design of Klipschorns, have to go out of their way to build clone knock-offs and sell 'em as their own designs, even if they do recognize PWK and Klipschorns in their auctions and/or advertisements. If these guys are that talented that they can successfully build decent sounding loudspeakers in the first place, then why don't they come up with their own new, fresh cornerhorn designs and leave the Klipschorn look and aesthetics only to Klipsch? Really, what's the point?

Maybe plagorism is the finest form of flattery and Klipsch doesn't mind the attention (we all know the Klipschorn is the reference standard for which all clones are to be judged), but doesn't Klipsch Audio Technologies get tired of these Khorn clones popping up all over the net? Maybe the patents aren't updated anymore, but if I was Fred, I'd look into legally renewing the Klipschorn patents and keeping the Khorn design plans exclusive property of Klipsch Audio Technologies (unless it's not a worthwhile venture financially or from a legal standpoint for Fred to do so...I'm no lawyer and know nothing about copyright infringement, etc).

Just my two cents...