Welcome OldSkool!

Jeff Matthews

OldSkool! You walk right in and steal the show on my Name that Tune thread. What a great first post!

Everybody, OldSkool is a good friend of mine. We go back about 13 years. He's a really great guy....

AND HE'S A PROUD OWNER OF HIS FIRST KLIPSCH! 1978 Corns delivered to his room by the seller for $450. [<:o)][Y]

He drives them with a mega-watt Pioneer receiver. What is it - 170 wpc?

Welcome to the Klipsch madness! [:D]

Darn it Jeff, I was trying to sneak in the back door and you caught me. DOH !

Yep, I love these CBRs and I am wanting to put a fresh face on them to

go with the great sound. So Im looking into reveneering them and

have the crossovers checked out as well. I have several other

sets of loudspeakers, but have always wanted to own some Cornwalls

after

hearing Jeffs back in about '93-'94. Make no mistake,

the others speakers I have dont even come close to how these CBRs

sound. These Corns sing and they will never leave my music

room!

As for the amp, just a lil ole SX-1250.

Thanks for the welcome and for turning me on to some of the best speakers Ive heard yet!

Darn it Jeff, I was trying to sneak in the back door and you caught me. DOH !

Yep, I love these CBRs and I am wanting to put a fresh face on them to go with the great sound. So Im looking into reveneering them and have the crossovers checked out as well. I have several other sets of loudspeakers, but have always wanted to own some Cornwalls after hearing Jeffs back in about '93-'94. Make no mistake, the others speakers I have dont even come close to how these CBRs sound. These Corns sing and they will never leave my music room!

As for the amp, just a lil ole SX-1250.

Thanks for the welcome and for turning me on to some of the best speakers Ive heard yet!

Talk about sneak.... Here I thought you just joined, and it turns out you joined in 11/05 and waited 'til today to make your first post.

No doubt you've been entertained and educated on everything from speakers, mega-watt amps vs. tubes, tax policy, and frivolous lawsuits.

CBR = Cornwall Birch Raw

Actually Jeff, I signed on last year looking for some info and

hadnt been back since. Been occupied with other audio

projects. Only came back here to get info &

advice from all you Klipsch gurus and find guidance for my new CBRs.

Im totally Klipsch illiterate, but want to learn. These things are incredible.

Okay, Bobby. You're "in." Now, go to the 2-channel and enter the thread I started on your re-veneering project. All the guys here are very helpful, and you'll find very many nice photos.

Do one thing for me, though..... Don't ever ask a question along the lines of "Which is better/best." The guys on this forum just get WAY too worked-up when that happens. [:P]

• Moderators

Welcome, and don't blame us if you end up with more klipsch, it's kind of a cycle,at least it sounds like a good excuse at least. If these sound this good the next ones up the line must sound better? No matter how good they sound you will always want more.

Always glad to welcome a new Texas Klipsch owner!! This weekend I'll be in Jeff big town, Houston, picking up a pair of Welborne Moondog SET amps.

Now OldSkool a warning!!! It is almost impossible to see and it will sneak up on you really quiet like, especially if you read this forum a lot----UPGRADE BUG.

Have fun!!!!!!!!