CDs sound better than vinyl . . .

DizRotus

This is the most dragged out thread I've ever seen on here, This is old news, No one is going to win, No one's view is going to change, some stubborn people who have their minds made up, What is the point of keeping this going anyway? Let this subject rest, take a break................

I like both as I've heard good cd rigs and LP rigs good and bad cds good and bad LPs. I do believe that people that repeatedly bash vinyl just haven't heard a good setup. Lets wrestle over it ! Nah Lets talk about high quality power cords.

Ok I'll wrestle you, Where and when, if that will put an end to this, You either like it or you don't, what's with all the technical stuff?If you assume I have never heard or owned a good vinyl rig, you would be mistaken. What I haven't owned is a $1000.+ turntable and cartridge, or a set of modified Khorns,Belles, Lascalas that play so loud that I can't hear any defects, if that's the standard, your right, and I'm wrong.................So when do you want to wrestle? One question, Do you mind if I bring a Boom-box so I can listen to my chrome tapes while we fight?????????????

MMMM CHROME TAPES SWEET

Yes I'll meet you in front of the EZ Mart at high noon!

Send your turntable to 1311 Louisiana St Little Crack Rock Arkansas 72202

Rob, why do you let this stuff get you so wired? You have plenty of rock n roll cd's so why waste all these post!

Oh, by the way the mono camp has figured it out for me[:o]

1 record through one speaker still sounds better than 1 CD through one speaker[;)] ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO what is that? I don't understand all that stuff, I'm an old dog remember. It's not that I'm wired about it, I just think so much space has been wasted on a subject that has no end, no right, no wrong, a matter of personal preference, and in the end, what difference does it make? Again, it's my fault for getting involved in these pointless threads, but it is a public forum, and I do have a right to join in, and express my opinion, just like everybody else does, even if it goes against what most of you think, that much I do know.

It looks like Seti and I have alittle score to settle, I'm for CD, Seti is for Vinyl, we're going wrestle, and one of us will either pin, or get the other to submit, and then and only then will we have a clear winner in this Vinyl vs CD BS............................there will be a boom-box there if you want to bring some casettes to listen to, try to bring chrome tapes, they sound better .................................Listen to some real clean music....EH...........................

22 years old, been doing live sound for 14 years and studio work for about 8 years. Electrical engineering (audio) is my major in college. And I think all of the technical stuff I posted was in direct response to questions asked or common misconceptions used in arguments.

I often describe things I hear in technical terms because that is the language I know and have grown up with - doesn't mean I'm not using my ears.

He will attempt to run you over in his Porsche, if your not carefull

Wondered where my manager was.............Seti meet my manager Mr. Bart..............and bye the way Brother that's a 911 SC.......................Your going down Seti, I'll wear you down.............Whatca U gonna Dew!!!!...............

Let's get back to the original topic of this thread.

I prefer CD's to LP's....the CD's fit better in my clay pigeon thrower and they disintegrate beautifully when hit with #6 shot, compared to the not so spectacular breakage of an LP when shot using the same load. Chrome cassettes are probably the poorest choice as they tend to make a real mess later when mowing. As for the sound......they all sound like a 12 gauge being discharged! I'll try some DVD's later and get back with you on the results.

He will attempt to run you over in his Porsche, if your not carefull

Wondered where my manager was.............Seti meet my manager Mr. Bart..............and bye the way Brother that's a 911 SC.......................Your going down Seti, I'll wear you down.............Whatca U gonna Dew!!!!...............

Whats the 0-60 time on that motha?