Well look at these HORNS!

Jay481985

I know this sounds a bit odd and off topic but those horns soo look

like satellite dishes that I thought, has anyone ever made a stereo

that acts in principle to a satellite dish? You know have the speaker

in front of the dish and have it reflect the sound off of the dish.

Ok... so... ol m00n's going across the grain here. I think they look cool and would give them an objective listening to. For those people into the modern look, those fit right in.

Its OK m00n I am always wowwed by the appearance of these

http://www.avantgarde-usa.com/installations.html

LOL.....Just remembered something the owner of my local Klipsch store told me. On a recent vacation trip, he stopped at a guys' house whom had been referred to him by a mutual friend. Phillip was told this guy had an awesome tube/vinyl rig with Avantgarde speakers - probably close to $60K invested. Phillip gets there, the guy leads him to this fairly large downstairs room that has his system and one chair in it. Phillip said the speakers were amazing looks-wise and the tube gear was pretty impressive although he didn't recognize the name. He was sure the guy would have some amazing recordings of classical or jazz or possibly some classic rock. So what did the guy put on to demonstrate this system?? Techo. [8-)] So Phillip asks him if he's got anything like Steely Dan or some such. The guy just looks at him and asks, "Why? Do you not see the beauty of these speakers with this type of music? I've heard of Steely Dan, but no....I don't have anything other than Techo and some Disco. In fact, there are times when I come down here, turn off the lights and just listen to Techo for maybe 4 hours straight." Phillip said he looked at his watch and said, "Oh darn-it, look at the time. I gotta go."

Tom

ditto Tony -- Not a whole lot different than the Oris Horns, only clear (the ellioptoid shape is pretty cool too.

Be harder to keep clean than my windows though, and that would be a pain.

Bruce