KLF 30's for $400, deal or not?

intotubes

Mike, I've been busy most weekends with the scooter thing. Also working on a pair of Cornwalls that were in need of some help. When I get them finished I will load up the truck and come on over. I do remember hearing your SVS which prompted me to get one. Later found a steal on a Mirage BPS400 which to me, blew away the SVS. Still have the SVS sitting in a closet.

Sorry for stealin' the thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Hey Flason,

I have a BPS400 as well. It is huge, but I love it! May I ask what SVS you compared it to? I have been thinking of getting an SVS or HSU but keep hesitating because I am wondering if I am just wasting my time. Thanks for your input.

bdbaba, I have a CS Ultra. I was using a Carver TFM 35X and an Adcom GFA 555 to power it, but it never really knocked kidney stone's loose like the BPS. I wish I would have had a nice Crown but $1.5K for a dedicated sub amp just was never in the budget. It is a very nice sub and maybe one day I will hear it's potential, but for now I really like the Mirage.

Good Score.

Listen to them for awhile and then get DeanG to redo the xovers.

I replaced my CW's for a couple weeks with my upgraded KLF20's and in ways I liked them better then my CW's.

I promised a friend a year before if he wanted to buy them, they were his. Just married, had a kid on the way, just knew he'd never be able to buy them. Two weeks after they were upgraded he called and said he was ready to buy them.

For the price you payed, I think you did great.

Enjoy.

Danny

Well I would keep them if I could but the only reason I was able to buy them was a promise to the wife I would turn a profit with them. I need to finance this habit with something other than non-discretionary income.[:'(] She's been more than patient with me, letting me go nuts for a little while and devote a LOT of my time to tweaking and listening to music.

Hopefully I can turn a couple bills with these and do something for the house. A start on the landscaping would get me out of the dog house. Just moved into a new house and she's tired of dirt for a yard - imagine that.

So don't be too PO'd at me. I love this hobby but I can't keep all of it. I've got stuff I ain't even listening to, sitting in a closet, so it's hard to justify the need for more stuff.

'course I'll have to give them a test drive. [:D]