rc-64 reference series center, is it any good, there are no reviews anywhere

marinerules

first let me say that I have a home theater made of all 3 way v-12 cerwin vega speakers

and while they go very loud , they are not very accurate of detail and dialog is hard to make out .

and this is with the sound calibrated.

For the first time the other day I heard speakers other than cerwin vegas, and they were some older models of klipsch sp eakers at audio express.

I really liked what i heard, but Im wanting really good center channel. and it seems that the rc-64 is the most expensive, so this mean it must be the best?

have any of you heard it out there ?

there are no reviews anywhere on the internet for me to read about the r-64.

I was kind of worried though that 4 woofers might drown out the tweeter, or sound m uddy ,

is this the case ?

im wanting something that can take volumne and clarity with dialouge

I have heard the RC-64, albeit briefly, along with the RF-83s. My initial impression was that they sounded very similar to the THX system. The highs seemed to be "rolled off" just a bit; a bit more subdued than that of the RC-7 and RF-7. I listened to the dialogue and thought it was quite clear. Take this with a grain of salt as I really did only listen for a few minutes. I think the thing that struck me most was how similar they sounded to the THX system.

Perhaps one of the dealers who frequent the forum will comment?

I was able to pick up a RC64 and RF82 for a really good deal. Can't really give a review or comparison between the RC7 and RC64, because I didn't get to spend enough time with the RC7. My last speakers were the B&W700s, which were pretty good for movies as well, but nothing near the Klipsch's dynamics and details. After the change of speakers, I went back and watched some of my favorite movies and noticed much more subtle details coming from the RC64 vs. the HTM7. So far I'm very happy with the Klipsch's. The only thing that I wish Klipsch would do is maybe somehow find a better way to separate the tweeters from the midrange. B&W have always been really good at this because of their cabinet design, I think if Klipsch can do this, the result sound would be even better...IMO.

I am a dealer in Ga, and the RC-64 is a very natural sounding speaker, not really louder. If you listen to music in multichannel mode, and set your center to large, you might prefer the RC-7 due to it's larger dynamic range. If you have your speakers set to small, you probably won't notice any difference on the lower end. The RC64 is a much more natural sounding speaker than the RC-7 though. During movies, I've tried RC-7 and RF-7, RC-7 and RF83, RC64 and RF-7, the differences are slight.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick comment about reviews on new products. Most publications, whether print or on-line accept only production versions of a product rather than pre-production prototypes. This is sensible as there would be no guarantee that a review of a prototype would provide any valid information on the actual production product.

Reviewers typically listen to a product for 30 - 90 days before writing anything and there is normally a waiting period to get a product into a reviewer's system. Add to that the 90 day lead time for print media and you can understand why it may be 6 to 9 months after a product first ships till reviews start to appear in print.

Lol...my 7s will probably be around for a while as well. That said, I am glad to see reports that the new reference series bests the old; There was a lot of unwarranted whining early on by people who had assumed that the RF-83s were little more than glorified rf-35s, but now the specs show the new series goes higher and digs deeper. If the midrange has a more linear response (as the literature suggests) and the new horns smooth out the mids, these may indeed by damned sweet speakers.

Perhaps Pray Mantis didn't sounds detached and objective, but talk of improved imaging, etc is starting to make me suspect the new speakers may be better all the way around. I can wait to hear them!

Hello,

If you own a pair of the RF7s you owe it to yourself to go to your nearest Klipsch dealer and listen to the RF83s. I owned a pair of RF7s for about four months to harsh for my ears with a Aragon 2007 and a Parasound C2, the Parasound 2205 amp I had did not sound any better with the RF7s at my house, Nobody likes to hear about the newest sounding better including myself. My ears and wallet just accept it . I sell the old or set them out at the curb for trash day like the forum member from Beaumont Texas is going to do.Thats is what we do here in Texas. The neighbor kids love me and own some fine speakers. I am getting ready for a long hot summer and ordered a pair of 83s a 64 center and a pair of 62s for the rears.

Take Care,

rmlowz

My 7's will be out at the curb for trash pick up on Wednesday. I can't believe I actually still use them.

.......maybe you would like to elaborate just a little bit on this comment.

My attempt at humor. It seems that when a new model of anything comes out, people think that the last models are less than desireable.