NOS Valves brand New Mark III's

NOSValves

Wow, do you think there might be a market for NOSValves MKIII kits? Even if kits are out of the picture, just imagine owning brand-spankin' new MKIIIs...it'd be like Christmas in '67 all over again![Y]

He chose the black end bells which I think look great with the polished nickle chassis and black front panel.

Craig

Exactly! Craig... maybe blacking out those silver screw heads too?

(she says as she envisions painting the grey blocks w/black hammerite & wonders what's involved with getting a shiney plate for VRDs).....

[:S]

Sweet job Craig! Does those reproduction chassis come with the covers too? md

Nope it would be nice option but I know of no one using them anyway.

Craig, They look good! I, for one use the covers. Has the buyer seen them yet?

Larry

I've looked into reproduction ST70 cages and MKIII cages but they're just too expensive to make vs. what people are willing to pay for them. The chassis were a simple decision. There were thousands of old rusted chassis out there so I could run 100 pieces and find enough people willing to cough up $60 to $100 for them. Cages on the other hand, weren't in as much demand since most of them survived a lot better than the cheaply plated chassis. The cages are also pretty easy to refinish in your basement AND many people don't even use them.

There is (was) another fabricator that made some very nice reproduction cages for sale on Ebay at about $60 to $80. That's not a bad price as I know first hand what they would cost to make. But he sold only a few. Again, most people will just use their existing cage or refinish it themselves.

Wow.

I like the black end-bells. Ahem. I really like those black end-bells.:)

Whaaa...???

didn't your QuickSilvers have Chrome ..??

why did ya sell them anyways ....

they don't have a Tube sound

they don't have a S/S sound

neutral and transparent comes to mind

Because VRD's smoke the living sh!t out of them [;)]

Very sweet work, as always.

Popped the bottom of my Craig rebuilt Scott 299 last month.

Looked like a surgeon had been in there. It's made it past warranty too![:)]

So are those the choke filters in the upper right-hand side of the

case? Need to pick up a couple for my Bogen's. Any

suggestions regarding brand and supplier. I'm looking at Hammond's.

Very sweet work, as always.

Popped the bottom of my Craig rebuilt Scott 299 last month. Looked like a surgeon had been in there. It's made it past warranty too![:)]

So are those the choke filters in the upper right-hand side of the case? Need to pick up a couple for my Bogen's. Any suggestions regarding brand and supplier. I'm looking at Hammond's.

How much room do you have for chokes? If you have more room go larger and more current abilities then the ones installed in the Mark III. Give me your physical maximum size limitations and I will help you get what you need.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...