Post a Picture of yourself thread

ancientdude

If I was into triathalons, this is the bike I'd recommend:

http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/subcategory.php?c=1&s=3

Years ago I knew an Army buddy who knew a fellow soldier that was a triathelete, and he had a Cannondale that didn't quite work out for him (poor finish, unbalanced ride, so I was told) and was recommended to try a Trek...IIRC he was stationed in Germany and won every triathalon he competed in afterwards due in part to his Trek.

FWIW...

post-11084-1381929528761_thumb.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool. Does it fold up?

Yep. Folds and stores into a "backpack" for carrying on the train. 21 speed, dual suspention with a normal bike's geometry for good handling. Rapid Transit in Chicago sells 'em (Birdy) if you ever want to look at one up close.

I'm old fashioned- I get REAL GLASS, cause the next thing I'm frequently looking through is a $2000 Hassleblad lens.

Those have UV coating so they're a bit amber, plus they're ambermatic color changing, so they go darker in the sun.

Thanks for the comment on the photo. I'm usually on the other side of the camera. A buddy of mine begged me to let him photograph me. I was nervous as hell having my photo taken, now I understand what my clients go through. We are all very critical of ourselves, so it's difficult to gain the trust of a photo subject. I think he did a great job of capturing me. I love my 'artsy' glasses, but he wanted to see my eyes, so he got on ladder and had me just peek over them, as I naturally do sometimes.

I'm really not a bad guy, despite what some here might think....

Michael

Clarence - LOL You're silly lately!

Colter - does the changeable tint thing work OK? I wear contacts when I go out but tend to wear glasses when putzing around and was thinking it would be nice to try the in/out tint thing. I hear they are much better now then many years ago. I'm just afraid they wouldn't work as they should and I'd be caught in a dark restaurant not being able to see.