Post a Picture of yourself thread

ancientdude

pm, Tyler ragle is the only one that comes to mind!

plays bass and does some background vocals for Richard March.

Nah. I was thinking of an old friend (RIP) who was a Mac and Klipsch fan who worked at Antone's for a long time, as well as running record stores and managing some acts in Austin.

Al Ragle.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarence - LOL You're silly lately!

Colter - does the changeable tint thing work OK? I wear contacts when I go out but tend to wear glasses when putzing around and was thinking it would be nice to try the in/out tint thing. I hear they are much better now then many years ago. I'm just afraid they wouldn't work as they should and I'd be caught in a dark restaurant not being able to see.

I like the ambermatics best, they go brown instead of grey, makes grass look greener, improves contrast, etc. They change much quicker than the older types.

Problem is that most cars have the UV glass, which makes the glasses not work so well. So you still need sunglasses for the car. But these go pretty clear indoors (we were outside on overcast day for the shot).

pm, I never knew Al's last name but when I worked for Clifford back in the late 80's he was just referred to around their as "Big Al" who I did not know personally but I knew who he was and that he ran inner sanctum records and was like a god around that place.

I did not know that he passe away as he never looked ill when I saw him, he was a young man with that big burly mustache as I recall!

it is a small world[;)]

You may have known that "Big Al" was a Friend of Bills (or you may have known him before he became one). He and I were old friends and often housemates from the years I warn my kids about. As a result of those years, he suffered total liver failure a couple of years ago and died while waiting for a transplant. He left a big hole in a lot of folks lives.

Hate to hear that pm as he was always very cordial whenever I encountered him at the club!

I go back home all the time and I will try to find out a little more about him, when I went back to Austin in 2000 I ran into Clifford out having dinner and he said he was about to be indicted for a wee bit of tax evasion (he and Willie were probably using the same accountant!) and said he may be serving some time but it did not appear to be hampering his evening that night.

I got a chance to meet a lot of the local's at that job and my friends clubs. I'm going to see if I can find some old pictures of me and my good buddy Rubin who dated Tina Vaughan, we spent a lot of time at Jimmie's house as we tried to party at their house all the time just to get in on some of the fun stuff he and Stevie would do just sitting around the living room[:D]

I was in Austin when Stevie went down and we held the all night vigil at Zilker park, I remember it like yesterday! Thousands of us sitting (moping mostly) around the big candle which was represented by a hot air balloon basket sans balloon that was fired up in the middle of the park and ran it all night.

pm, is Peters Colony what we all call the Colony just north of Carrollton?

Peters7.jpg

The final boundry for Peters Colony (as enacted by President Sam Houston) pretty much covered all of North Texas. It was originally a narrow strip from the southern edge of Collin County to the Red River. My forebears came across the Red in Grayson County and settled in southern Dallas County during the last days of the Republic. My house is near the former town of Rhinehart in Dallas County, still within the the 3rd Peters Grant just off of the old Republic of Texas Highway (which went from Austin to Hope Arkansas...among other places).

Josh--

That is cooler than cool! How did you find yourself in that situation?

Hey Fini,

That was my 40th birthday. My wife called him on a whim and invited him and he said, "sure send me a ticket for me and Susan (his wife) and Ill be there" We played till the wee hours a gas and a half. Great guy with great stories. As you could imagine!

Josh

• 1 month later...