Brand New Klipschorns $1000, La Sacala II, $600, Heresey III, $300

Allan Songer

I just got back from the warehouse where they are wrapping the upcoming Dreamworks feature Dreamgirls where I was looking to buy some stuff for the prophouse and/or trade out for some Loss and Damage charges that they owe us. Anyway, I got some great vintage lighting and accessories and a couple of furniture pieces. About halfway through the warehouse I noticed some big Klipsch boxes and my heart stopped. I asked the leadman "hey, what about the Klipsch speakers" and he just smiled and said "sorry, pal those all went to the boys on my crew." So I asked what they had and he said "they're right over here--those boxes are empty." Well, I turned the corner and there they were--a pair of BRAND NEW walnut Klipschorns, a pair of BRAND NEW black La Scala II and a pair of BRAND NEW black Heresey III. YOWZA!

So I asked Mark "how much did they go for?" He said "a grand for the big boys, $600 for the big black ones and $300 for the little black ones." I almost choked.

It turns our Klipsch GAVE the speakers away as a promotion and at the end of the movie they were selling them and because they had no "value" on the books, Mark was able to put any price he thought was "fair" on them and sell them to "the boys."

The deal of the century is more like it! Especially for the Klipschorns!!

Damn, I'll give em product placement if they're GIVING them away!

And I can't even get a T-shirt or tour jacket... ( I know, here we go again)

I'm definitely going to hurl on this one- [+o(]

I know it's an interesting story, but Allan, take pity on us...

Michael- getting ready to hit Indy's Monon trail, where I'll be seen my 100's of Yuppies who love music! Guess I'll wear my Bose T-shirt....

whoaaaa! great story Allan. What a give away!

so, do you think they will be visible in the film?

They never even used the Klipschorns, but Mark says the other two pair were used.

You never know if it will be in the movie--they always shoot a 5-hour film and edit it down.

Alan - I assume the seller guy fully knows your interest? You never know, there might be a cruel wife/partner that can only put up with them for a week. I've seen that happen! Or - they might not hook them up right, think they sound bad, etc. Maybe the khorn owner checked Ebay and knows the value. Might have bought them for resale. I'd be checking the local papers at least. :)

(Never say die)

I would have loved to buy them as props!

I don't think the guy with the Khorns for a grand is going to sell them--I talked to him at length and he is about 50 years old and single and has Quad tube gear.

The guy with the LaScalas is going to use them in his home theater.

I invited both of them to join us here.

I didn't meet the new owner of the "little black ones."