The Forum Was Down This Weekend

meagain

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand. Wasn't the whole point of removing the search engine so that the forum could be upgraded so it works? Why would the search engine be removed if it was all fixed with the upgrade that was waited upon for about 2 months?

I'd like to know what a proper server costs also out of curiosity.

Yes, and it does work. The problem is the search index takes up an enormous amount of space.

It's very insulting to me that you feel the need to discuss the cost of servers and judge us by that cost. I just wanted to say that.

And if you are singling me out here & discounting the others who mentioned the costs, donation, etc. of servers both here & on multiple other threads - "I" am insulted. The word "you" is a good indication you are. And a trend.

• Moderators

The "you" wasn't directed at you alone in reference to discussing costs. The first part of my post was in response to your comment about the search function not working.

Sorry if you felt I singled you out. That was not my intent.

I guess I'm just frustrated that we work very hard to keep this going. It doesn't always turn out how we'd like, but we are doing our best.

• Moderators

And if you are singling me out here & discounting the others who mentioned the costs, donation, etc. of servers both here & on multiple other threads - "I" am insulted. The word "you" is a good indication you are. And a trend.

And I'm sorry, please explain "trend?"

Now girls... you are the only 2 regular female posters we have here... let's try and keep it that way. [;)]

Mike

You are a brave soul Mike.[:D]

Meagain is hungover & Amy is frustrated but I bet these ladies work it out.

The "you" wasn't directed at you alone in reference to discussing costs. The first part of my post was in response to your comment about the search function not working.

Sorry if you felt I singled you out. That was not my intent.

I guess I'm just frustrated that we work very hard to keep this going. It doesn't always turn out how we'd like, but we are doing our best.

Amy - Yes, I got that vibe, but thanks for explaining it. Anyway, I don't think anyone here (including I) sees the forum going haywire as your fault or something under your control. We realize you do your best so please try not to get frustrated with the comments or take it personally. You can only work with what you've been given and I don't think anyone holds you accountable in any way.

But for some, it is frustrating that the forum is misbehaving and it's nice to be able to vent a bit and try to puzzle out what's wrong and help fix it? Offers of help have been made because the forum is so dear to some.

Arky - Very observant re my hangover today. The good news is when I type, the letters are starting to go in the right places.

Hmm. Barter for a new server? I once rebuilt a website for a speaker company. Then, upon completion, this HUGE box arrived with this next-to-top-of-the-line surround sound system in it. It was cool. Sold it on eBay. Then we went our separate ways.

Just a thought.

I'd rather see 'em kiss and make up, but that's just me.

I'm just glad the forum's up and running once again, and I can say we all appreciate what Amy and the Webmaster do to keep everyone happy.

Exactly what kind of server does the forum need? Being computer illiterate, I'd like to know for curiosity's sake...

• Moderators

Sorry guys, I have no intention of continuing a catfight with meagain-- especially one that really didn't even start. I can see where my comments were taken as being directed at her, and I don't blame her for calling me out.

I know you're not blaming me for the forum trauma, but when it consumes much of your life, it's hard not to take it personal. I'm sure MANY of you know how I feel [;)]

I'll try to find out where we are with a new server. I'm pretty sure it's been budgeted for this summer. I appreciate the offers to help.

well amy you are one of the only active klipsch employee on this forum and since you are everything gets per se toward you. Everything from forum being down to Promedia Ultra failing *waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* [;)] Also you are also the the puppet as andytheman so claims you are to the superiors of klipsch (they are gods that do not need feet as they fly [:P]) But you helped me more then numerous times and I just want to openly thank you again

P.S. did you notice all the people in the promedia sections lately are lawyers that threaten to sue or act like they know the law [A]

Your a sick, sick man jacksonbart..

I LOVE IT!

Amy,

Sorry to post the AK link. But I gotta tell ya, this forum deal runs deep. Some depend on it. And, for the intrest it generates in the product.... Look at me! 6 months ago I was bitching about my 4.1 system, and now, I am an owner. 100% due to the forums. Nothing else.

I say it again. I WILL GIVE KLIPSCH A SERVER!!!!!

Call my bluff. I dare you!

=)