PT Barnum Said it Best ...

I saw this ad too,....I haven't decided if this is some kind of joke, or some sick joker playing his games.

In an audio industry salted with vendors selling snake oil, and peppered with "Audiophile" reviewers saying the snake oil is worth megebucks, the industry as a whole has this kind of thing coming in spades!

I hope Stereophile or The Absolute Sound reviews them!

Regards,

When I was a college kid ('50's) everyone was supposed to balance a Mercury-head dime on top of their cartridge shell. Roosevelt wouldn't do. Can you believe that it accomplished exactly the same results as the pebbles! And what a savings!

It just so happens that I have a small box of them in the back of my desk drawer. I could let them go for -- say -- $50 each. Naturally, I pay for the S/H.

Anyone?

DRBILL & Gilbert are tearing me up here! LMAO

Hey, they might be like the ones Jack-In-The-Beanstalk had, you know MAGIC[:)]

Tweaks have always been a fine line item with me but things such as these stones in a bottle (by the way I think I have seen a high end reviewer review these) and Cryo treatments are too far fetched for me to even consider and if I had them and someone saw them I would be so [:$]

IMHO room treatments and Isolation are true tweaks but even a lot of those are edgy and over priced! How about the Cloud stuff, rubber balls and mass stamped out plexi for $100 or $300 bones; please!

Used Tennis balls (usually free at any club) cut in half which I know I have been using in some applications for 20 years would be better than spending money on the designer Cloud product. A $6.00 piece of wood and a $24.00 set of Vibra Pods does the same thing at 300% less monetary outlay!

PT was right and they have the cash!

I recently purchased a used turntable that came with a Ringmat Developments record mat that costs $100 and is, essentially, a disk of heavy paper with some small rings of cork on either side, three on one side and two on the other side. The whole thing is utterly amateur and rediculous but I have no doubt that anyone dumb enough to pay that much money for one would say it improved the sound. It couldn't have cost more than a dollar or two to produce and a striking feature of the company's web site is..... no pictures. What a surprise!!