Cheap Cornwalls in Tulsa, OK.... Yo Gilbert

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a pawn shop on Peoria, just north of the bridge over the BA Expressway. "Golden Pawn" I think it's called.

$550 or so...

No affiliation, etc.

Danki ....... If anyone is interested, I can go down there and snap some photos for ya. I'll go and check'em out anyway, just in case there something I might like.

I would like to see some picture's if it is not too much trouble. I have been thinking about a pair of cornwalls lately. Tulsa is not too far to drive from Little Rock either but getting the time off to go during business hours would be the problem. Thanks Bill

No problems Bill. I'll snap a few pic's and post'em.

Something else you might consider. If you're interested in parting with that older pair of Belle's that you have, we may be able to do a swap (and some $$). I've got more than a few CW's, and may be willing to swap.

Why do you guys load up on this stuff the way you do? Everytime I look at Colterphoto1's avatar I just shake my head. Why not keep a handful of the better specimans, sell everything else, and put the money into your best looking set of speakers in the form of better horns, drivers, and networks.

I have learned some people have different priorities in audio than others.

On one audiosite that I visit, the majority of members load up on all kinds of thrift, yardsale components. They might have 5 systems put together with a garage full of other audio stuff. I often wonder why they don't sell all of their mid-fi stuff and get them a really nice setup that they could enjoy the rest of their lives.

I can see how having a bunch of different Klipsch would be fun.

Different strokes I guess.

I am using all my speakers with the exception of the '78 WO Belle's that are in my basement that I can't seem to find anyone to buy even though I offered them at $500 below my total cash investment in them to this point.

Pretty ridiculous to have herd's of speakers around not being enjoyed just for the sake of having them when there are people out there waiting for the opportunity to own some vintage Klipsch speakers.

I have complete HT's in three rooms (two are all Klipsch, the other Infinity based), and a two channel in the basement and they are used with regularity.

I have been thinking of a set of Cornwall's to add. Just havent found the pair that needs some EXOTIC veneer applied to them. Since I just finished 2 years of school and havent bought a graduation present for myself yet these may the ones. Just have to see some pic's of them. Later Bill

Why do you guys load up on this stuff the way you do? Everytime I look at Colterphoto1's avatar I just shake my head. Why not keep a handful of the better specimans, sell everything else, and put the money into your best looking set of speakers in the form of better horns, drivers, and networks.

Because I believe that the old horns, drivers, and networks sound just fine.

Ok seriously. Don't you think I USE all this stuff? Basically I'm O/C to the max and this all happened last year. I just went on a freaking shopping spree for about a year and the mountain happened. You see there's no wife or gf around here, so I can go totally nuts if I want to. Trust me, it's rarely a good thing.

But I have a reveneering project in mind. What I want to do is build up that empty center cabinet as a 'vertical' style (that will lie horizontally) as a center to my all Cornwall HT. So there are two pairs of beaters that will be veneered to match (total of 5 CW). I will use two old beater Heresies to perfect my veneering skills, and they may be used for side surrounds in a 7 ch system. So all those are on hold in the garage, awaiting the wood shop to be built. I actually came across two pair entirely by accident, they were deals in the area that hadn't been picked up or would be lost to the 'family' if I didn't have Who snag them for me.

Right now one pair LS, CW, and H are in the main listening room. The LSI's are for PA/shop use, and the older pair of 63 verticals are kind of museum pieces that will be reveneered for a separate 2 ch room.

I have another pair of H's that I'm fibreglassing for mini-porta PA.

So every Heritage cabinet you see in that photo is spoken for. When I get the veneering project finished, there will likely be at least one pair of CW's for sale, possibly the LS's also. So stay tuned.

Michael

I am using all my speakers with the exception of

the '78 WO Belle's that are in my basement that I can't seem to find

anyone to buy even though I offered them at $500 below my total cash

investment in them to this point.

Frzninvt,

Your '78 WO Belle's are very very tempting, but I would have to

sell my '84 WO Cornwalls first, and meet you up at the border to pick

them up.

Any takers for a mint pair of '84 WO Cornwalls in Montreal??

Kudret

Pretty ridiculous to have herd's of speakers around not being enjoyed just for the sake of having them when there are people out there waiting for the opportunity to own some vintage Klipsch speakers.

Ouch, that hurt....now cry me a river.....[:'(], [;)]

On a similar note, I know guys with thousands in electronics and speakers, and barely any collection of music or movies. What on Earth good is all the hardware without something to play on it? For me the equipment is still very much secondary to the source material and I do dearly love music and movies.

It would be interesting to see members ratios of $$ spent on hardware/software.

Michael

Bill, here's your pic's.....

The asking price is $599, but I asked him if he'd cut me some slack, and went to $500 w/o batting an eye. The speakers are pretty decent, but need some TLC. They're condition is in the range of approximately 70% to 75%. Serials are consecutive with date code "P". The center portion of the woofers has been pushed in, but not torn.

post-12381-13819297921456_thumb.jpg

Michael is like a member of one of those those groups that rescue Greyhounds, Bassets, etc. At least we know that the Heritage have a good home. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

What he doesn't eventually use will be put back into circulation, with first dibs to the Forum members. He sold me two of his La Scala discards which are now doing service in a high school band room. His addiction keeps a few speakers from falling into the hands of the Philistines who part them out on eBay.