AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

risingjay

Lost Ebay bid on Thorens TD-125 w/Grace 707 in the last 20 seconds!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Oh well.

I need to get a high speed connection!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bummer. I have had the same thing happen when the IP craps out in the final seconds of an auction.

I recommend www.bidslammer.com. They are pretty good, last three or four seconds usually, and offer three FREE sniper bids to check it out.

Lost Ebay bid on Thorens TD-125 w/Grace 707 in the last 20 seconds!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Oh well.

I need to get a high speed connection!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-bay will proxy bid for you. Just follow the directions. - Enter the highest amount that you would be willing to pay for the item. Ebay will bid automatically for you, if someone ups your bid. You are not commiting to the higher price at all! - It will only post your bid to the next highest level of what has been bid up. These people on E-bay that enter 6 bids on 1 item are not reading the directions. It says "Enter the highest amount that you are willing to pay" - You don't need a high speed connection!

The only way you can lose, is if someone is actually willing to pay more for the item than you were. Sounds fair to me!

You lost, because you did not enter your 'highest amount' that you were willing to pay.

What were you going to bid? $355, pretty good price for the combo. I sold a couple of 125's with no arms for close to that last year.

Well, the bid seemed low enought that 350 max would work. I guess I was wrong!

Do you put a limit with these sniper websites or not?

$350 for a 125 with no arm? How much with a leg?

E-bay is not a real auction, it's a sham and a joke. A real auction does not have a time cut-off, and you get a chance at the end to up your bid, not with e-bay. Going once, going twice, going, going, gone, not it's 11pm, bidding done. Snipeing is crap, but they allow it

I use auctionsniper, I find that if I use ebay's proxy bid there are those that will constantly nickle and dime the bid up till you hit your limit. This practice is used by the seller using multiple ebay id's to push the price of their product up, Its not accepted by ebay but sellers get away with it.

The good thing about auctionsniper is you don't have to keep hitting the page to see what the price is or if your still the highest bidder. so the page counter won't go up quickly. If I see a page counter climb I know others are looking at this item and the bidding may get hot.

With a snipe bid program I just but the max amount I want to bid on the item but it will only bid that amount in the last 4 or 5 seconds so it works the same as a proxy bid but keeps the loosers from nickling me to death.

I use auctionsniper, I find that if I use ebay's proxy bid there are those that will constantly nickle and dime the bid up till you hit your limit. This practice is used by the seller using multiple ebay id's to push the price of their product up, Its not accepted by ebay but sellers get away with it.

Sellers can use the Sniper program the same way as you described. This is called shill bidding. It is also used by Sellers at 'Live Auctions' - Just place a 'friend' in the bidding audience.

risingjay

Auctionsniper's site is easy to use, it's intuitive. You'll figure it out immediatley. Just enter the item number, your maximum bid amount and how many seconds (or min.) you want your bid placed before the auctions' end.

I use my main computer and my laptop and a stop watch,works great with two computers as your final bid is is just one key stroke away on the second computer.

If the auction ends at 3:30 am, what time do you set your alarm for? So that you're all set with your stop watch?[:D]

well I got to tell you...my experience is that you are better off as a buyer to snipe.....wait til the very last second. reasoning is that my experience tells me some sellers (frequent re-listers are suspect) will research your last few transaction to determine what market you are in...and use that info to generate bids using other ID's in the hopes of driving up the bids. if the sellers wind up wining , the sellers in suspect will re-list their wares and claim dead-beat buyers....but rarely do they leave bad feed back for the allegedly dead beats. buyers will adjust their max bid based on the number of bidders....so you are basicly helping other buyers be wary of the demand on the item and wind up contributing to their decision to establish higher bids....yeah a form of bidding against yourself.

best deals I have had were sniped....worst deals were when I bid early and put myself on radar.

How about this tactic a seller tried on me.

Uses a shill bid placed at the last second with a snipe program and another ID.

This of course Jacks up my bid price to the Max. He then comes back to me with a 'Second Chance Offer' Because 'The other guy backed out of the deal.' His offer was for my highest price of course. This was a few hundred dollars more than the last legit bid!

I responded that I would give him the next increment over the bidder Behind me - As this was the last legit bid. He was furious! I described that any seller could do this to get a better price. I used the 'Buy it Now option' on his second chance offer, so I could expose the crook and leave him negative feedback. And of course he left me Negative feedback as well.

The Sellers that have hundreds of transactions and 100% positive feedback are just playing games with the feedback system. You leave a negative, you get a negative. They also wait for the buyer to leave feedback first, so he is initimidated to leave negative feedback!

The best way to buy is to stay off the radar until the last second. Buy with a snip program, I use auctionsniper myself and was among the first here to recomend that site, though others were mentioned before me. One nice thing about an auction sniping program is you can change your mind. If you change your mind, you can just cancel the bid, no harm, no foul, try that with a bid on Ebay! You can also group several auctions together and have the site bid on each one in turn up to your limit and when you get what you want, the other auctions are cancled automaticly. Again try that with Ebay!