Pick one of these Brubeck songs

rplace

Holly Cr@P, I just realized there is no way to make polls any longer. What happened?

Ok, to the point.

Take Five gets all the press and rightfully so. Great song. But I find I actually like 'Blue Rondo A La Turk' a bit better. More interesting and stays with my longer in my mind.

So if you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one of these two songs which would it be, Take Five or Blue Rondo A La Turk?

So if you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one of these two songs which would it be, Take Five or Blue Rondo A La Turk?

None.

But that is not a choice...you must walk off the island into the water and drown yourself [:(]

Brubeck is OK. I have a few of his LPs but I never ever play them, I've heard him live about a dozen times--most recently at Vibrato here in LA aout a year ago and at the Monterey Jazz Festival about 3 years ago. I dig the whole stride left hand and all that, but his music gets boring in a HURRY for me--live I can handle a couple of sets just fine but I have very little interest in playing his records. The one I do pull out from time to time is the duet record with Paul Desmond from the 70's. I like that one best.

simg_t_od59518k28to.jpg?rm_____DNxHSzFQ4

I wouldn't have any Brubeck on MY desert island, but if forced to make a choice I guess I'd go with their version of the standard "You Go To My Head" from this LP--not Brubeck's composition, but it might well be my favorite interpretaion of this old warhorse of a tune.

http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=041009001080006900&cid=600111

Brubeck is OK. I have a few of his LPs but I never ever play them, I've heard him live about a dozen times--most recently at Vibrato here in LA aout a year ago and at the Monterey Jazz Festival about 3 years ago. I dig the whole stride left hand and all that, but his music gets boring in a HURRY for me--live I can handle a couple of sets just fine but I have very little interest in playing his records. The one I do pull out from time to time is the duet record with Paul Desmond from the 70's. I like that one best.

simg_t_od59518k28to.jpg?rm_____DNxHSzFQ4

I wouldn't have any Brubeck on MY desert island, but if forced to make a choice I guess I'd go with their version of the standard "You Go To My Head" from this LP--not Brubeck's composition, but it might well be my favorite interpretaion of this old warhorse of a tune.

http://www.content.loudeye.com/scripts/hurl.exe?clipid=041009001080006900&cid=600111

I just picked that one up at the thrift shop for 50 cents. NM. I really like the album.

Back to the original question. I'd Take Five (pun intended). I use Blue Rondo for cymbol reality check on my system (the LP blows away the SACD BTW) and like the song very much but I think Take Five is a better and more interesting and enjoyable song. JMHO.