KLIPSCH MEMBER BBQ at PICKY'S PLACE (Michigan) AUGUST 26TH!!

picky

Attention: All Klipsch Forum Members!

Saturday, August 26th, 1:00 - 11:00 PM or whatever!

- BBQ at Picky's Place! -

Please go here for a revised schedule and agenda!

It is the extreme pleasure of my wife Verna and I to invite you to a BBQ at our home this summer. If you are going to be in the Southeast Lower Michigan (Downriver Detroit) area on Saturday, August 26th, please stop in!

Between the hours of 1:00 PM and 11:00 PM we will be holding an open house for all Klipsch forum members and their guests who wish to attend.

> RSVP: Members wishing to attend, please email me at gmosby@comcast.net with the number of people you are bringing (including yourself). If you plan to bring any food or beverages to share, please let us know so we can plan for the proper storage of the food (coolers, ice, etc.) Also, please let us know if you plan to bring any equipment, LP's, CD's, DVD's, etc. Let us know where you are coming from and we will email directions on how to get here and local accommodation recommendations to you. We hope to see you there! Pray for great weather!

post-10177-13819298635562_thumb.jpg

Picky...since our experiences back to Tubes seem similar...and you really like your EICO (as I do mine)...wait 'till you hear the VRDs...whoooo, boy! [:D]...wish I could be there...but of course you'll make us feel like we are...in pictures...

Bill

Craig: My favorite Heritage setup thus far is your VRDs and LaScala's. So, of course I would love to have you bring them and the Juicy Music compliment as you offered. Since you are willing to hook the VRDs up to my H III's it would be interesting to compare them with the VRD's hooked up to the LaScala's. Sounds like fun to me! By the way, I may give you that EICO ST-70 to take with you afterwards (along with a deposit) to get it into your rebuild queue if that's alright with you?

Silversport: Bill, you can count on there being plenty of pictures posted afterwards! You know me! [;)] Sorry you won't be able to make it.

I don't know. I have certain requirements concerning bar-be-que, lean mostly towards the North Carolina style.

Then there's accomodations. The Twins and I would require seperate trailers and what can I possibly do with the entourage?

Summer travel when you are The Thebes can be so stressful, but

certainly the opportunity to mingle with my fellow forum folks is not

to be overlooked.

But really, is that colossal bore Craig going to be in attendance? Any way to perhaps dis-invite him?[:D]

Kidding aside and my vacation plans still pending, perhaps I can make it.

I'll try to make it. I always love to get together with other Forum members.

I think your schedule is a bit tight. I have hosted a lot of get togethers and they always seem to take on a life of there own, especially if people start to bring equipment.

JM

thebes, Joe & JM: I hope you all can make it!

JM: Not to worry my friend! The times shown on the the above schedule are just guidelines. I went back and changed the announcement to soften it up a bit. I don't want anyone thinking this is going to be a highly-regimented event.

The only thing that has to be somewhat organized are the theater demos and that is because the space really is quite small and I don't want so many folks down there at one time that they are uncomfortable. It normally seats 7 people, 9 comfortably. SRO (Standing Room Only) is about 13 or 14, but then the accoustics begin to go to heck.

I don't know. I have certain requirements concerning bar-be-que, lean mostly towards the North Carolina style.

Then there's accomodations. The Twins and I would require seperate trailers and what can I possibly do with the entourage?

Seperate trailers??? Trouble in paradise......

Summer travel when you are The Thebes can be so stressful, but certainly the opportunity to mingle with my fellow forum folks is not to be overlooked.

How could traveling with the Twins be stressful?

But really, is that colossal bore Craig going to be in attendance? Any way to perhaps dis-invite him?[:D]

Your just scared the Twins would decide to stay with me! Especially if you leave them available in the seperate trailor.

Kidding aside and my vacation plans still pending, perhaps I can make it.

Glenn & Verna, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ill be there for sure. I'll let you know if others will join me. I'll also let you know what food I'll bring.

Since the ostensible excuse (as if one were really needed) for this soiree is the arrival of your prize H-IIIs, I would not want to do anything to steal their thunder. Nevertheless, since Im close, I could bring any, all or none of the following for the auditioning pleasure of the revelers:

H-1s with CT125 tweeters and new BEC caps;

Radio Shack 40-1197 single drivers in Fostex FE103 designed rear horn enclosures;

Dynaco SCA-35 17 WPC integrated tube amp; and/or

Harman Kardon 430 receiver.

Ill be pleased to bring just food, but it would not be a problem to bring the equipment if anyone would be interested.

Let me know if you plan to come to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Birmingham for the Cruise.

Sounds like a wonderful offer. Not sure if anyone else is interested in making the trip from the Toronto area, but if they are, I could be convinced to make the trip with someone to share the ride. I don't mind driving, but it is a long trip down and back, so I would like someone to ride shotgun on the way back.

I have met Craig before and definitely enjoyed the visit, but I would love to also meet Indy and Audio. It would be worth the drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for me to bump this one through again. We're less than 2 months away! We'll need a body count in a few weeks.

Larry: I'm not certain I received your email. We were on vacation and it may have gotten overlooked. Would you please re-send the email to me? Thanks!