My Sony ES receiver caught on FIRE!!!!

DEAM

quote:

Originally posted by discorules:

1) In the 1993 Economic Plan, Clinton cut taxes for lower income Americans and small businesses while only raising taxes on 1% of the wealthiest tax payers.

4) Despite the sky is falling arguments from republicans, raised the minimum wage which inevitably raises the level for all American workers. Guess what, the sky didn't fall. The economy continued to flourish and the market continued its upswing.

5) Opened foreign markets through the signing and agreements of NAFTA, GATT, APEC etc

cwm1.gif

#1 is false. doesn't deserve rebuttal.

#4 is true. clinton did back this though it didn't make a big dif as min wage workers dont make a big dif in our economy. chalk this 1 up with his 1 other major accomplishment - the family leave act. Biggrin.gif

#5 was a repub idea, but I do have to give Clinton credit for backing it. and Gore's job against Perot.

but forrest is right. clinton only became a somewhat more moderate democrat because he had too. and most economic policies take 1 year minimum to just begin to show effects (btw Disco, your comments on the Greenspan fed show how misguided you really are on economic issues, but then again most true liberals are). the economy and the markets fell before clinton could sneak out of there. not so lucky as when he started in office.

the first thing clinton did was raise taxes and

cut taxes slightly only for the poorest of the poor.

for bush it was cut taxes for everybody.

let's just see what happens.

------------------

live long & prosper

just as good an argument can be made that the deficits when clinton started were the result of out of control spending by a then dem dominated congress. that changed in the '94 vote didn't it? and the economy was already slowing under Clinton his last year. despite the longest peacetime expansion ever, the pres changed to a republican in '00 right?

hummm maybe some connection there. the people of the states have and will decide with their votes. let's just leave it up to that Wink.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

This message has been edited by cybergeek on 11-29-2001 at 03:44 AM

"

quote:

Originally posted by forresthump:

Well I can now say I in my cold Anti-Liberal heart I really do feel sorry for DiscoDuck. Why? because apparently on his last post he is actually serious and admits this is all sour grapes over all the heat Clinton has gotten (Disco, pssst He's Gone) and Gore (Disco, pssst He's Gone) losing the election after an out of control FLA Supreme Court really got his hopes up.

...What it did was again antagonize the anti-lib crowd just as you planned. I suggest you try therapy instead to work off your bitterness and depression.

cwm3.gif
"

Do I have permission to use your therapist.

"Now without a big never ending argument, your "facts" can be rebuted quite simply. One fact is the "Space Needle terrorist" was apprehended by an alert US Customs agents at the Black Ball ferry terminal at Port Angeles, WA.

US Customs is under the US Department of Treasury, NOT the US Justice Dept and at that time Reno. Just to show that you are absolutely wrong on this fact and that anything else you said should be considered suspect."

I guess you rebutted my points. Customs is under Treasury, a Presidential cabinet position not Justice, another Presidential cabinet position.

"DO YOU REALLY THINK A DEM WOULD COME UP WITH AN IDEA OF SPENDING CUTS? "

No more so than I would think read my lips Bush would raise taxes.

"These are the "top secret" facts you were afraid to unleash on this board
Smile.gif
Face it, YOU LOST the election and your Bitter. Again, keep repeating, YOU LOST.
Smile.gif
"

Again, can I use your therapist.

"Disco your beyond hope. You won't find the general level of ignorance here as in your other Forums. Next time you want to make an unrelated ridiculous political statement you better do it elsewhere."

No problem fascist. If I even consider such thoughts again I will give you a heads up.

This message has been edited by discorules on 11-29-2001 at 03:46 AM

quote:

Bush Jr came into a prosperous economy.

You are really living in a dreamland. The economy started slowing BEFORE George W was even elected. Look for yourself -- the tech fall-out had already begun.

Like I said before, you proably believed Gore when he said that he invented the internet too! LOL...

quote:

No more so than I would think read my lips Bush would raise taxes.

Just who was so he11 bent on raising taxes? I don't believe it was Bush Sr's idea. It was the democrat congress who wanted the taxes raised (for a number of reasons).

Well your buddy Clinton knowingly lied about his relations with the intern (among his other lies and half truths) -- but I'm sure that is okay to you!

well it is easy to see why discorules loves clinton so.

he works just like him. its called spin. that is twisting the facts to make a lie into a truth. very effective on people who have trouble following logic and common sense, also known as the average liberal.

you take credit for good things for which you had little or nothing to do and blame your opponent for

bad things for which they had little or nothing to do.

you also don't take into account something for which you obviously have no comprehension after your Greenspan fed remarks. LAG FACTOR. the time it takes for good or bad policy to have an effect. what we're NOW feeling are the Clinton tax increases and mostly just that the guy didn't get anything done. same with anything proactive on terrorism. THE EMPORER HAD NO CLOTHES, literally in the oval office many times Wink.gif

It's hard to plan when you manage in the rear view mirror based on popularity polls.

Willie didn't get out soon enough. but he's gone now and his only legacy is that he taught us how to recognize spin and lies. that'll help in future votes.

Discorules you need to let it go.

cwm1.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

quote:

I have my own sex life. Most of us didn't need to experience it vicariously through President Clinton, the best President in our lifetime.

So when a superior has sexual relations with a subordinate that's okay? So if your 18 year old daugther was banging her 48 year college english professor (to get an A) you wouldn't have any problem with that? Or if she was 20something and blowing her 60 year old boss at some large corporation (to get a promotion) that would perfectly fine with you?

So when someone outright LIES to a grand jury that is okay with you? A lie is a still a lie -- no matter the reason behind it. Clinton could have saved everyone a lot of trouble and money by just fessing up in the first place.

Man you really take the cake! I have liberal friends and we get along fine, but you are so utterly brainwashed that you can rationalize anything to be okay as long as it furthers your cause. BTW, cybergeek really has you and your spinmaster tatics pinned.

In Yoda voice--"Hillary...Mousseline, Hillary...Mousseline. Must later understand."

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogany (Cornell Hotwired)

McIntosh C33 Preamp

McIntosh MVP-841 CD/DVD

Rotel RB-1080 Amp

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Ortofon VMS-30 mkII Cartridge

Stanton 999SS Cartridge

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 400mk II

Monster Interlink 300mk II

Monster Video 2 (DVD to TV)

Studio Tech U-48RW Cabinet

Monster Power HTS-5000 Power Conditioner/Surge Protector

MIT Terminator 2 Bi-Wire

Enough empty boxes for a fire hazard!

hilly as pres? don't get no scarier. that Would be enough to bring back the beegees "Stayin Alive".

Funny her 1st initiative was to eliminate the electoral

college. she knows that with a popular vote she could win New York, lose every other state in the US, and still get elected president. then guess where all the tax dollars would flow - NY.

don't even get involved here Disco. this involves math Smile.gif Anyway it's time to forget HillyBilly because the days of fun and games are over. We really have to be serious in choosing a pres now! Smile.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

Hillary for pres -- scary indeed, but I don't think it will happen. I don't think she can get the union vote like a male can. I don't agree with that reasoning, but I have many problems with (communist) unions. On a different note, the more I hear Colin Powell speak the more I see him as Pres or Vice Pres (after George W finishes his second term).

quote:

Originally posted by STL:

I have my own sex life. Most of us didn't need to experience it vicariously through President Clinton, the best President in our lifetime.

So when a superior has sexual relations with a subordinate that's okay? " So if your 18 year old daugther was banging her 48 year college english professor (to get an A) you wouldn't have any problem with that? Or if she was 20something and blowing her 60 year old boss at some large corporation (to get a promotion) that would perfectly fine with you?"

Consensual sex is not an issue for me. I guess unlike you guys, Clinton and I would have a hard time no to free BJ. As far as the promotion thing, you must have just fell off the turnip truck. Newsflash, people suck up literally and figuratively to move up. I only care if it's a detriment to me.

"So when someone outright LIES to a grand jury that is okay with you? A lie is a still a lie -- no matter the reason behind it. Clinton could have saved everyone a lot of trouble and money by just fessing up in the first place."

Lying to the grand jury about adultery is not right but I've many prosecuters say it's not something they would gone ballistic over. I have lied to so like Clinton, I'm not perfect.

Man you really take the cake! I have liberal friends and we get along fine, but you are so utterly brainwashed that you can rationalize anything to be okay as long as it furthers your cause. BTW, cybergeek really has you and your spinmaster tatics pinned."

Well, I do love cake.

Unlike your liberal friends(?), I don't have suck up to you or put up with any ridiculous allegations about liberals or Clinton. I guess the suck up types are those whom you call friends.