One Last Try - '78 WO Belle Klipsch - $1500

Frzninvt

My last attempt to sell my '78 WO Belle Klipsch. I have $2200 plus invested in them, but I will take $1500 for them. I am willing to drive them 100 miles or so to help on travel time and distance. I am in Burlington, VT area.

I will not and cannot ship them the logistics behind such an endeavor are just not feasible for me.

For photos and description - see here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9735763762&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

Do you have all the original serial numbered componets available for them? Granted you may have installed some after market crossovers and other parts, but do you have the originals as well?

thanks

Man, that is just crazy you have not sold them in the past or that you don't have 10 people speeding to your house as I type. They are easily worth $2K. I just don't have any use for them or I would make the drive to VT.

The 76 or 78 Belle Pair that GaryMD and I split were in worse shape, bone stock and really needed some cleaning up. IIRC, we paid $1400 for the pair.

Heresies for 250-275, Belles at 1500. Has the high gas prices tapped everyone's disposable income? Oh the humanity.

Drop forum member bookman a line. I know he wants a center for his khorns. He is not on the site all that much. Perhaps at that price he might buy the pair and split them up. I know if I still needed a center for my khorns I would be all over them.

Crazy man, crazy.

Do you have all the original serial numbered componets available for them? Granted you may have installed some after market crossovers and other parts, but do you have the originals as well? thanks

Nope, I got rid of the spring terminal K-55V's that were in them as well as the old tired AA crossover boards to Bob Crites.

The aftermarket networks are a Klipsch Type A design tweaked a bit to provide a steady impedance to the amplifier. The original AA has swings up to 30 ohms at some frequencies. They are the DHA2Xover that was designed by John Albright, modeled by Klipsch and built by DeanG. I would never ever go back to the original AA's. The solder terminal dual phase plug K-55V's are superior to even the newer K-55X so that is what I put in them. Klipsch never put matching serialized parts in unless you just plain got lucky.

"Heresies for 250-275, Belles at 1500. Has the high gas prices tapped everyone's disposable income? Oh the humanity."

Recent prices on ebay (I noticed 3 pairs of belles in the last 45 days selling for less than 1200) have opened up Belle (and Hersey) ownership to an additional "niche" in the market....the DIY person.

A person who is or is thinking about buying loose parts to construct his own Belle's or Hersey's, now is re-thinking this approach. As prices for Belle's and Hersey's continue to fall, it's gotton to the point where putting a set together your self from parts actually will cost you more.

I have been holding off contructing a set of Belle's from the parts I have hoping to land one of these 1200 or less Belle's, but when ever I pursue, the bids get out of control. I blinked and lost a set for 850, and another for 1125.

A while back, LaScala's jumped up there pretty high. But many pairs have been sold on ebay during the last year for less than 600 bucks. I bought a pair for 500 and another pair for 600.

Just before this recent and apparent lull, Belle's were selling in the $2500 - $3000 range and I am sure that they will be there again at some point especially since their production ended this year. I just don't have a use for them right now and they are just gathering dust in my living room. The Academy's work fantastic in the rear effects/centers position and will be getting the Popbumper network treatment when and if I get the Belle Klipsch sold.

I have over $2200 invested in them at this point, I got them for $1750 before I replaced the networks and spring terminal K-55V's. If it keeps raining I may use them to put together a pontoon boat to paddle my *** to safety.

"(I noticed 3 pairs of belles in the last 45 days selling for less than 1200)

That might be...but they are no where near the quality of what Charles is selling here. He has assembled the cream of the klipsch crop, got some nice looking cabinets and taken great care of them. 1500 dollars is a steal. Bring your ski mask when you pick them up.

This really is crazy!

I can not imagine why these have not sold. I understand that the market fluctuates and I also understand that larger cabinets limit the market due to transportation issues. However these are a beautiful set of cabinets, this is just crazy.

Good Luck,

-Tom

I wish I could, but I really really really don't have room for them. They would look so cool in my 1950 ranch home, being all low slung and sexy like they are.

And the price is hideous. I just can't I can't sorry Charles if there was any way I'd make this happen, but I really hate that I have to say no to those beauties.

Of course I'll be sorry later. Either way I'd be sorry.

Michael

That's an insanely low price! For those who do not know (you lurkers and newbies), Charles is one heck of a nice guy, with a long-standing history of helping other folks here. If you are considering these, jump on them. You'd be hard-pressed to find a pair that's been babied and tweaked like these. Pull the trigger before he comes to his senses.

Quick question: how do the Belle's differ from the LaScala's?

Also, he is a great guy to work with. I took one of his three big Velodyne's off his hands a little while back and he was really nice and great to work with. Too bad I'm not in the market yet. They'd be a bear to ship too. Good luck.

Quick question: how do the Belle's differ from the LaScala's?

Also, he is a great guy to work with. I took one of his three big Velodyne's off his hands a little while back and he was really nice and great to work with. Too bad I'm not in the market yet. They'd be a bear to ship too. Good luck.

To start the list, not all inclusive

a. Belles use a smaller mid horn (k-500) and a higher cross over frequency for the mid range (500hz)

b. LaScala's have the same horn found in the K-horn used for the mids (k-400) and has a cut over frequency of 400hz for the mids.

c. Belle is approx 6 inches wider (30 inches), but is 6 inches shallower than the LaScala (18 inches)

d. the LaScala is 24 inches wide and 24 inches deep

e. There is a difference in the dog house section of the bass bin. The belle has a dog house with only 4 sides to it, while the LaScala has a dog house with 5 sides. The dog house is the chamber where the woofer i installed.

f. Belles, at one point had a unique crossover called the AB series, but at other points used the same crossover as the LaScala, and K-horn, the A or AA.

g. Belles are more attactive to many folks, and Belles lend them selves to be used as a center channel speaker to a pair of K-horns better than earlier LaScala's. Current LaScala's have some of the same lines and appeal.

h. I think the Belles have a better upper mid-range sound than the LaScala's, but thats just my view.

i. LaScala's and Belles have differently discribed Bass response. Many say the LaScala has chest pounding bass, while many say the Belle's have faster Bass response.

j. Belle's are out of production and no longer made. LaScala's are currently still available.

• 2 weeks later...

My last attempt to sell my '78 WO Belle Klipsch.  I have $2200 plus invested in them, but I will take $1500 for them.  I am willing to drive them 100 miles or so to help on travel time and distance. I am in Burlington, VT area.

I will not and cannot ship them the logistics behind such an endeavor are just not feasible for me.

For photos and description - see here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9735763762&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUS%3AIT&rd=1

congrats, looks like they sold