Juicy Music Peach Preamp for sale

I know, I'm crazy for doing this.

One Juicymusic Peach preamp for sale. One year old and in mint condition, with box and manual.

Everyone knows just how good these are and they are rarely sold.

For those not familiar with these, this is the model that has a HiZ and LoZ output and it can drive both tube and solid state amps with ease.

$1,000 plus shipping. These sell new for $1,500.

Chris

Email me your email address and I can send pictures.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why, doesn't the peach drive the QSC to satisfactory levels? Or are you taking a turn and changing preamp and power amp. Do i hear Krell?

Peach drives it just fine. In LoZ it had no problem driving two (count them, TWO) qsc's when I bi-amped the B&W's.

I have the stock Yugoslavian tubes. I had a probelm with two separate Pinched Waist Amperex tubes but now we know that it was because I was driving a 6,000 ohm load that needed to be many times that amount (I needed to switch to LoZ for the load I had).

This is an awesome preamp and because I bought new I am losing money but I am going in a different direction, for now at least...

The B&W's are more laid back than horns (a lot more laid back) and should mate better with SS than tubes - I planned on driving them with my Sony receiver but it doesn't have the juice to make the QSC's sing so something has to go.

Chris

I've always wondered what a Peach would do with my SS Aragon 8008BB amp. I currently have an Aragon Aurum Preamp that I think sounds wonderful with my La Scalas.

Can anyone give me their thoughts or experience with a Peach and a SS amp?

Does anyone think this would be a great combo with my La Scalas?

Thanks,

I've always wondered what a Peach would do with my SS Aragon 8008BB amp. I currently have an Aragon Aurum Preamp that I think sounds wonderful with my La Scalas.

Thanks,

I used the Peach with a digital amp, and SS amp and then tri-amped with two digital amps and one SS amp. I also used it with an SET amp. It worked very well with all as each were very good amplifiers.

The Peach has a LoZ mode that can drive an SS amp with ease.

Chris

You might want to give BSbutton a shout out. He has a Blueberry with SS amp.

Michael,

He was asking about a Peach with an SS amp. The Peach is different than the Blueberry in that the peach has a second mode that uses a second stage of tubes and it is able to drive a low impedance load (like SS amps) or drive long cable runs.

Its a different animal.

Chris

Thanks,

I would think it would be very nice. I purchased Dean's Peach to replace a Bottlehead Foreplay that I thought was transparent and couldn't be beat. Just last night I played around with the Peach a little bit, trying to defeat a ground loop/noise issue and my best solution was a 2-prong cheater plug (and tube replacement.) I replaced Dean's Siemens tubes ( I assume Dean was using this with tube amplifiers, the Siemens with the solid state seemed very forward and dry to my ears), with a triplicate of Mullards from Brent Jesse and the new tubes seemed a better match with my solid state amp (input impedence of 10k Ohm) . I am using the Peach with an Anthem MCA-20 and with RF-7's with Dean's upgraded networks, so my guess is that with Heritage it would be a winner as well. I found myself up well past my bedtime last night, am very tired this morning, but can't wait to get home to give it another listen tonight. Oh, and the Lo-Z mode seems much more detailed and revealing than than the high with my SS amp.

While I have not had a long time to form an opinion, as last night was my first extended listening session, and of course the "new" tubes are still being broken in, my initial impressions are nothing but positive.

"I would think it would be very nice. I purchased Dean's Peach to replace a Bottlehead Foreplay that I thought was transparent and couldn't be beat. Just last night I played around with the Peach a little bit, trying to defeat a ground loop/noise issue and my best solution was a 2-prong cheater plug (and tube replacement.) I replaced Dean's Siemens tubes ( I assume Dean was using this with tube amplifiers, the Siemens with the solid state seemed very forward and dry to my ears), with a triplicate of Mullards from Brent Jesse and the new tubes seemed a better match with my solid state amp (input impedence of 10k Ohm) . I am using the Peach with an Anthem MCA-20 and with RF-7's with Dean's upgraded networks, so my guess is that with Heritage it would be a winner as well. I found myself up well past my bedtime last night, am very tired this morning, but can't wait to get home to give it another listen tonight. Oh, and the Lo-Z mode seems much more detailed and revealing than than the high with my SS amp.

While I have not had a long time to form an opinion, as last night was my first extended listening session, and of course the "new" tubes are still being broken in, my initial impressions are nothing but positive."

I had some similar experiences running a Peach with ss amps and Dean-modded RF-7s and now with Heritage (both with ss and/or tube amps). Glad to hear of your positive early impressions, and your description of the loz mode is comparable to what I've always experienced.

Yes, some of the Siemens can be on the dry side. I somewhat compensate for the dryness of my Siemens CCas by running "wet" Mullards in the CD player. No such dryness with vinyl though.

Good call on the Mullards and something for me to try in the future.

Someone should grab this, Chris.

Carl.

"I would think it would be very nice. I purchased Dean's Peach to replace a Bottlehead Foreplay that I thought was transparent and couldn't be beat. Just last night I played around with the Peach a little bit, trying to defeat a ground loop/noise issue and my best solution was a 2-prong cheater plug (and tube replacement.) I replaced Dean's Siemens tubes ( I assume Dean was using this with tube amplifiers, the Siemens with the solid state seemed very forward and dry to my ears), with a triplicate of Mullards from Brent Jesse and the new tubes seemed a better match with my solid state amp (input impedence of 10k Ohm) . I am using the Peach with an Anthem MCA-20 and with RF-7's with Dean's upgraded networks, so my guess is that with Heritage it would be a winner as well. I found myself up well past my bedtime last night, am very tired this morning, but can't wait to get home to give it another listen tonight. Oh, and the Lo-Z mode seems much more detailed and revealing than than the high with my SS amp.

While I have not had a long time to form an opinion, as last night was my first extended listening session, and of course the "new" tubes are still being broken in, my initial impressions are nothing but positive."

I had some similar experiences running a Peach with ss amps and Dean-modded RF-7s and now with Heritage (both with ss and/or tube amps). Glad to hear of your positive early impressions, and your description of the loz mode is comparable to what I've always experienced.

Yes, some of the Siemens can be on the dry side. I somewhat compensate for the dryness of my Siemens CCas by running "wet" Mullards in the CD player. No such dryness with vinyl though.

Good call on the Mullards and something for me to try in the future.

Someone should grab this, Chris.

Carl.

Carl,

I'm sure it won't last too long. When I bought I would have jumped at a used one.

Chris

Awwww...what a pity! md

Mark,

I know and I am probably making big a mistake. I met some people here in town who are into vinyl and I was thinking about going in that direction for a while. I also kind of wanted a remote and that isn't realy an option with tubes. I need a remote because I listen to music and work at home and it is nice to be able to turn it down when I have to think. So now I am thinking that the Peach should go.

Here is the problem. I just got a box of CD's from eBay and I am listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" Man, everything is just right! They did a great job recording this and it really shows through on the Peach and big QSC with the B&W's. This is tough!

Chris

Yeah - that's ok Chris. I get it. Everyone gets "itchy" eventually and gets new gear. Be sure to let us know what you get.... md

Mark,

I just went back and forth between my Sony Digital receiver as a pre and the Peach listening to the same song over and over. I may wind up keeping this thing. First, it sounds awesome with the Sony and QSC using a Benchmark DAC1.

BUT

When I put in the Peach the soundstage just opens up even more. Taller and deeper. Everything is more precise and vocals, especially on these speakers, are out of this world! The bass is nice and full and tight, midrange is just out of this world and the highs are just right (not overpowering).

What kind of SS gear would it take to get in this ballpark? I am figuring about $2500 to $3,000 to equal this.

Chris

"I know and I am probably making big a mistake. I met some people here in town who are into vinyl and I was thinking about going in that direction for a while. I also kind of wanted a remote and that isn't realy an option with tubes. I need a remote because I listen to music and work at home and it is nice to be able to turn it down when I have to think. So now I am thinking that the Peach should go.

Here is the problem. I just got a box of CD's from eBay and I am listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" Man, everything is just right! They did a great job recording this and it really shows through on the Peach and big QSC with the B&W's. This is tough!"

As Mark and many know, I almost pulled the trigger and added a Blueberry to the mix - just because of vinyl. What I ended up doing was just adding a nice phono stage - from a nice vintage receiver - and now my vinyl also runs through the Peach. I really did not want to get rid of the superloz mode anyway, even for vinyl.

As for the remote, your mind can always take a break - then you can get up and turn it down - as you throw away (or use) the dicta and the rest of the extraneous bs.

But, I also can understand the "itch." Whatever you end up with, may your journey to your next piece of gear - be a pleasant one.

Carl.