Rosewood Cornwalls For Sale (Not Mine)

Gilbert

Seems the guy (Pat) from ebay has decided to part with his Rosewood Cornwalls.

A couple of guys on this forum were not too impressed with the graining, but I won't say who (cough, Scott, cough Coulter). I have seen additional pictures of these speakers and can say that they are beautiful. Not spectacular like brazilian rosewood can be, but very beautiful. Honestly, I am considering them, but can't afford them, so help me out and take them.

They are late 70's (1978 I think) vintage Cornwalls, with Central American Rosewood veneer. The veneer type has been confirmed by Klipsch in Hope, AR. YES, they have the risers.

Based on photo's I would conservatively rate them at approx. 90%+ condition, cosmetically. Only 1 small veneer chip from the back side of 1 riser, and an apparently tiny (3mm) pushed in back rear upper corner.

Pat is also interested in trades, mainly Belle's or another pair of Khorns (he has a pair already), but will consider something different ??.

Oh yea, he was initially asking $1200 for them on ebay, but that was BEFORE he was POSITIVE about the veneer. I would assume that he would be looking for a little bit more, but who knows.

Let me know if your interested, and I'll PM you his email.

Gilbert, I wish you could dig up those photos of the Brazilian Rosewood Heresy's in AR that the guy wanted the $3K for.

Here is a link to the initial auction, he is in WV.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-CORNWALL-ROSEWOOD-MATCHED-PAIR-XTRA-NICE-ONES_W0QQitemZ220010628374QQihZ012QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am not a big fan of the light rosewood, it would take something more exotic for me to get the wallet out. Like the Rambling Rose Corns that Budman snagged. There are probably a number of other exotics out there. I saw a pair of rare ebony Forte's that were absolutely stunning.

I should buy the Brazilian Rosewood Khorn's in AR that the guy wants $4K for. But man it that a haul.

I can not find them CB. I believe they are on a hard drive (currently sitting on my desk) that I took out from my old computer.

And no doubt, for a pair like those BR Heresy's or BR Khorns, I wouldn't batt an eye. In fact, I would never even mention it here until I had my grubby paws on them. I should bought one of those pairs of speakers when I had the chance. I've never seen anything like them, and doubt I ever will.

Bill, those are gorgeous, no doubt. But IMHO, the pair in AR will out shine them in grain and color. They're burled BR and factory made. Man, I just get a stiffy thinkin about them. But they were too rich for my blood. $3000 for Heresy's, geeez.

You are right...I remember the thread...I thought I put those pics in the Klipsch Speaker photos...whooooops...

Bill

Bill, those Khorns are some Fine lookin' devils.............I don't know what kind of wood they are, I do know this.................they are beautiful..........period................

• 2 weeks later...

Gilbert, I wish you could dig up those photos of the Brazilian Rosewood Heresy's in AR that the guy wanted the $3K for.

Here is a link to the initial auction, he is in WV.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-CORNWALL-ROSEWOOD-MATCHED-PAIR-XTRA-NICE-ONES_W0QQitemZ220010628374QQihZ012QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am not a big fan of the light rosewood, it would take something more exotic for me to get the wallet out. Like the Rambling Rose Corns that Budman snagged. There are probably a number of other exotics out there. I saw a pair of rare ebony Forte's that were absolutely stunning.

I should buy the Brazilian Rosewood Khorn's in AR that the guy wants $4K for. But man it that a haul.

The "5" in the serial # must be an "S" to be '78s. I'm sure they're beautiful.

Go for it Gilbert!![;)]

• Moderators

10 hour road trip today and these are sitting in my living room. WV is so beautiful and so are the corns. pictures to follow.

If I am reading your post correctly it appears congrats are in order.

Hope you enjoy your new Cornwalls as much as we are enjoying ours.

BTW, West Virginia is beautiful. The landscape of the state is awesome.

I didn't buy them.

Though they are a legit pair of rosewood cornwalls, they are not Brazilian Rosewood, and thus, the grain structure and color is not what I was looking for.

They are beautiful, but I think I deleted the pictures the guy sent. They were huge tif files, and I saw no point in keeping them since I wasn't buying them. Besides, I think the seller decided not to sell them, after he found out from the Manufacturer that they were in fact rosewood (Central American Rosewood).

hey charles, 10 cornwalls in the house and the wife is not to happy

71, 72, 74 verticals in teak, mahogany and walnut

78 in rosewood

79 in rambling rose

84 k-horns in cherry

8 heresy in walnut

2 la scalas

bonker's, your gaining on me.....time to step on the gasssss.