O/T: Colterphoto's heading south for the winter...

dtel's wife

• Moderators

We will be celebrating a triple wedding in December. My oldest daughter and her fiance, my niece and her fiance will be getting married and dtel and I will be renewing our wedding vows. All in one ceremony. Wedding dresses, tuxes, cakes and all!!!

We have asked Colter to document/photograph the event.[ap] He accepted. How great is that?

We are all so honored that Michael will be our guest for a week. That's right, Michael will be spending a week with us! I hope the "crazies" in this house aren't too much for him to handle. [<:o)] Oh, I forgot he will fit right in.[;)]

Seriously, we can't wait for him to get here. He may love New Orleans and South Mississippi so much that he may never go back to Indy.

What can we say? Just to have Michael visit for a week would be an honor for us. Not only will he be visiting us for a week, he will also be doing the photography for us. Aren't we special!!![{][}]

We all (nine of us) can't wait to see you. The new Cornwall III's should be broke in by then!!!

BTW, Michael the check is in the mail![;)] How many times have you heard that before?

• Moderators

That is great. You will definitely have some fine wedding pics.

Also, it would be great fun to go with you guys to the French quarter.

Dee,

We really hoped that you would be able to make the trip in December. I know we would have a blast.

If anything changes and you are able to make the trip let me know. We have not yet made arrangements for a clergyman.

You are always welcome to visit anytime you would like.

I'd be willing to bet that if you get Michael a date with a different lady each night that he's there he will cut his fee in half. [:)]

Better yet....iffin' one of those females takes a fancy to him and he spends the night with her, you might get his services for free!! LOL..... [:D]

Seriously though - glad to hear Michael is doing the photog work for you guys. You're getting a top notch dude.

Tom

That's right Michael. In fact, if you drive to Athens, GA, you will go right by my house off interstate 20 in Carrollton, GA. You can stop by and pre-preparty for the big game in front of my dbb's.

jc

WOW, the Georgia contingent just came out of the woodwork- way to triple team guys.

Sorry gang, it's in December, it snows up north here. So I'm not gonna take any chance and just fly down. Beside with the price of gas and my overnights getting down there and back, it'll probably save some bucks. And Christy wants me fresh and relaxed so I can do my thang!

Bonus rebates will be freely given in exchange for feminely favours however! [;)]

I'm just a photo *****. [:$]

Michael

I thought I'd posted here....

Anyway, it'll be a pleasure to photograph you and just hang out. I can't wait to hear the All-Forte HT and you new CWIII's!

And the household sounds like a blast. It'll be nuts with all 15 people or whatever getting ready for the big day!

I've been checking the flight schedules. I'll try to arrive and depart at times convenient for getting to the airport. Looks like Monday evening to arrive , then maybe leave the following Tuesday.

Michael

It's going to be like a reality show. A week of "Colter in the south" :D]

Hopefully no Bridezillas [6]

Just kidding of course. [:)]

That was on TV the other night, and it was the REAL Bridezilla. $110,000 wedding and it got started about 11/2 hours late since the MIL couldn't find the church or something like that. The whole show was the Bride cursing out the inlaws.

Michael -

When you're down there, if you have time, have the dtel's take you to Stennis Space Center. I think you might find it an interesting place.

You might, however, chose not to go near the actual coast - especially the Waveland/Bay St. Louis/Pass Christian area. I was down there over 4th of July for the first time in almost a year since Katrina and it's still such a sad sight that I literally started to cry at what I saw. OTOH - you might want to experience it since words and pictures cannot possibly describe the devastation. [:(]

Tom

• Moderators

Congrats on the nuptuals all around. How long is it on the renewal?

Travis

Twenty eight years. Somehow it doesn't seem that long. If the kids had not asked us to renew our vow at thier wedding we probably would have waited two more years. It really means a lot to my daughter and my niece, they admire and respect dtel and I's marriage. There is no way we could tell the four of them we wouldn't go along with thier plans.

Hey, dwilawyer we missed you at the Pilgrimage. It was a lot of fun, wished you could have made it.

• Moderators

Michael -

When you're down there, if you have time, have the dtel's take you to Stennis Space Center. I think you might find it an interesting place.

You might, however, chose not to go near the actual coast - especially the Waveland/Bay St. Louis/Pass Christian area. I was down there over 4th of July for the first time in almost a year since Katrina and it's still such a sad sight that I literally started to cry at what I saw. OTOH - you might want to experience it since words and pictures cannot possibly describe the devastation. [:(]

Tom

All of our children and grandchildren have been to Stennis, however dtel and I have not been. Michael's trip down will be a good time for us to go.

Tom, we went down to the coast to eat dinner July 4 weekend. We try to get down there once a month. It is still so sad. I cry everytime we drive along the coast. It the most heart wrenching site I have ever seen. The Gulf Coast, eastern New Orleans and the Lakeview area of New Orleans, look like something from a nuclear war scene in a movie. Totally surreal, everything is grey and a significant portion of the devastation is just as the day Katrina rolled in and the water rolled out. It is a horrendous sad sight.

You are right it must be viewed in person, photos and videos do not adequately portray the devastation and losses.

Do any of you have any other ideas you would like to put on our itinerary for Michael's visit? We will have four or five days to spend touring. All suggestions are welcome.

What dates is Michael going to be down there?

Like everyone has said I just came back from NO last weekend. I have family there. My cousin called my Dad and said this maybe the last chance he will have to see his sister. My Dad is the baby at 83 and my aunt is 87.

We drove around and you cannot explain what the city looks like. Pretend that the bird flu hit your town and everyone either died or left. Mile after mile of empty houses that look in great shape, but no one is there. Saddest thing my Dad and I have ever seen. You talk to people there and they always say the same thing. "We were lucky, Mississippi is gone".

Anyway what are the dates of the Great Northern Invasion?

Danny

probably Dec 5-13 or something close to that. I'm going to arrive early to get to know folks, check out N.O. (what's left of it), and see the wedding site.

Going to probably ship my camera gear down there UPS a couple weeks prior, just to know that they get there safely. I don't trust Airline baggage and being electronic, doubt that I can take them on board.

M

• Moderators

probably Oct 3-10 or something close to that. I'm going to arrive early to get to know folks, check out N.O. (what's left of it), and see the wedding site.

Going to probably ship my camera gear down there UPS a couple weeks prior, just to know that they get there safely. I don't trust Airline baggage and being electronic, doubt that I can take them on board.

M

Michael,

You are more than welcome to come during the week of Oct 3-10, however, we do hope you will be here for that triple wedding ceremony we have been talking about. That ceremony will be December 10, 2006, so maybe you could make it then also.[;)]

• 2 weeks later...