THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT COULD MAKE IT: Picky's BBQ, Saturday 8/26

picky

Hi, everyone! Less than a week to go!

Here is the thread with all of the details about the BBQ on August 26th.

ANY LAST-MINUTE ADDS OR DROPS PLEASE EMAIL ME IMMEDIATELY: Picky

Below is the final list of people who are for certain. If you were on the 90% or Maybe list, or if you weren't even on a list, you may still attend but you'll need to email me and let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone!

The One-Hour Feature: "The 2006 Klipsch Hope Pilgrimage" will premiere at the BBQ!

Here are the people that said they are coming: (edited to include latest changes)

For certain:

DizRotus (2) - bringing crab dip and crackers

NOS Valves (1)

Dr. Who (1)

Michael Hurd (2) - beef, if he can get it across the border!

xdetroitx (2) - Soft drinks

Ballylongford (2)

Tom Weiss (2) - bringing potato salad

Bill Mosby (1)

Hope to see you here!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn,

I'm still planning to be there. I'll bring a crab dip and chips or crackers to dip into it.

You need not figure any alcohol for me, as I'll still be medicated following a recent bout with a kidney stone that required surgery. All the horror stories you might have heard about kidney stones are true. It is extremely painful. I'll bring bottled H2O; got to keep flushing the system.

Looking forward to seeing you and Verna again.

Neil: Ouch! Sorry to hear about that. I've heard the same story from another friend, too. Thanks for offering to bring the dish. Verna and I will loolk forward to seeing you again. Are you coming stag or is Mrs. Diz coming along this time? Did you guys do the cruise today? See you next weekend.

-Glenn

Glenn,

I'm still planning to be there. I'll bring a crab dip and chips or crackers to dip into it.

You need not figure any alcohol for me, as I'll still be medicated following a recent bout with a kideny stone that required surgery. All the horror stories you might have heard about kidney stones are true. It is extremely painful. I'll bring bottled H2O; got to keep flushing the system.

Looking forward to seeing you and Verna again.

Hmm I heard beer is good for you cause you pee alot?

• Moderators

Wish it was not 1000 miles away, We would love to be there, hope it turns out great.

I bet you will surprise everybody with the sound of your RF 7 Theatre ! Would love to hear it, I have never heard a complete RF 7 Theatre set up correctly .

dtel: You know for sure that you and Christy are welcome here anytime you ever happen to be up in this neck of the woods! Just give us a shout if you are. I'll bet it would be quite a comparison for you to hear my RF-7s after listening to those Cornwall 3's! Thanks for the good words.

rcarlton: Yeah, we just had ring bologna the other night, too (it wasn't pickled, however)! Vernor's shares the title of "America's oldest soft drink" with Hires Root Beer. Both were invented in 1866. I don't know if you are aware but, Vernors is now marketed in many states including Texas! You can find it in Kroger's Stores. You can also order it on-line from Amazon.......for $12.00 for 4 six-packs (a case). Not bad. They consider it to be a "gourmet food"! Now, THAT'S FUNNY! [;)]

What about FAYGO? Remember that one? They're owned by National Beverage now, which owns Shasta.

post-10177-1381930787313_thumb.jpg

Well, there's just a {edit} couple more days until the BBQ. I have heard back from most of the members (thank you very much) who had said they might be able to make it and unfortunately other things have a way of happening and getting in the way of plans. So it looks like we are going to have a {edit} nice turnout and we'll be enjoying the food, the gear and each other's company! Just to throw another curve at us, the weather guessers are now calling for 20% rain on Saturday. When are they ever right? [;)]

So, the good news is that right now, we've got {edit} 6 members (plus guests) and 2 non-members attending (plus myself) and if it does rain, we've pretty much got all of that handled.

Should any of you out there care to join the party last minute: No problem! Just email me right away and let me know as soon as possible that you wish to attend and how many. I will forward directions to you.

Thanks again, everyone. -Glenn

My father had some big ones but I do not thing he ever teared..... as opposed to women delivering.

Whoa, Jay: We're really glad to hear that your dad had "BIG ONES" (he must be very proud), but that's pretty much TMI !!! LOLOL! [;)] ........but, seriously, that HAD to hurt!

rcarlton: I could be incorrect, but as far back as I can remember, Vernor's extract (not the actual soda) has always been aged in oak barrels (or casks) not buckets. I took a tour of their plant with my mom back in the early 1960's (yes, gentlemen: I AM OLD!) and we even saw the barrels. Their plant, which was originally on Woodward Avenue in Detroit, closed in 1985. It is now owned by 7-UP, which explains it's being bottled in San Antonio. Vernor's hasn't tasted like real Vernor's (even when bought here) ever since they closed the Woodward plant in '85.

A little Vernor's history: Vernors was sold to American Consumer Products in 1971, then to United Brands in 1979 who ended bottling operations at the Detroit plant in 1985. In 1987 they would sell Vernors to A & W Brands. A & W itself was bought by Dr Pepper/Cadbury in 1993, and in 1996, Dr Pepper merged with 7Up.

Neil: Of course your son is welcome! We'll be glad to meet him! Our son, BIll will be there, too. He's 31. Thanks!

post-10177-1381930792848_thumb.jpg