THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT COULD MAKE IT: Picky's BBQ, Saturday 8/26

picky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those garage photos say two things.

1. That a REAL MAN lives here, a guy with tools and knows how to use them.

2. That a PICKY MAN lives here, who wipes the grime off every wrench before returning it safely to it's appointed hook.

Hence the name- Picky. What a beautiful workshop!

M

• Moderators

dwilawyer: Yeah, mom is really cool! She's 87 years old and really has no vices. She quit smoking cold-turkey back in 1988 and never looked-back. She is very healthy and still drives (Ford Focus ZX-3). She wants A Saturn Sky so bad as she loves two-seaters and has owned several. But, the seats don't adjust on the Sky vertically, so we'd have to order her the "3-phone-book" option! She's only 4' 11-1/2". Yes, that is HER Miller. Just about every Friday, after I come home from work, she and I usually go downstairs and sit at the bar in our theater together and have our own little "cocktail hour" before dinner. She really looks forward to it (as do I) and we normally have a couple of Bourbon (Jim Beam Choice) and 7-Ups on-the-rocks. We are so blessed to still have Rose around and in such great health, too! Rose Rocks!

Mom's a bourbon drinker? God I love her already. Give me your address, I want to send your mom a bottle of Bookers, it's 117 proof so put more 7 in it (thats sacrilege of course, to mix it with 7, but we will let it slide because of your mom). Tell her it is made by Jim Great Grand-nephew, one barrel at a time.

Travis

man, bummer I had to miss out on the trip - sounds like I woulda had a blast.

And Picky, dude...everytime I see pictures of your garage and all those tools...total awe. I wish I could be that organized. No wonder you were able to pull off that HT.

Picky, Your Mom Rose is 87, likes Jim Beam, and is available, listens to Floyd

Do you think I'm too young for her????....................God Bless Her.............I think HE has.........

Damn Oldbuckster aren't you married? You Perky man!

Yeah, but there's something about older women................she just looks like a Ball of Fire, Picky's lucky, and so is she..........they have each other.......Wonderful.......God Bless 'Em..

mark1101, silversport & colterphoto1: Thanks, guys. When we bought the place it had a butt-ugly, rickity, old one-car garage (see below) that was about 10 minutes from falling over and a roof that leaked so bad it said, "Why bother?" So, I designed our current 28'W x 24'D x 8'H garage back in 1985 to be the garage of my dreams and to support my hobby of restoring old muscle cars back then. In fact, I showed some photos of my old cars to Michael Hurd while he was visiting. I went with an 8'H x 18'W door along with a 3' service door on the front and no windows for added security (and more available wall storage). It's considered a 3-1/4 car garage. We used to always own a pickup so that wahy I wanted te 8-foot tall door and walls (7-foot is standard around here). Back then we used to park my wife's Mercury Sable in the left stall where the Mustang is now, then my 1972 Chevy Chevelle SS and where all othe shelves on the right side are now, we parked our 1968 Corvette coupe (327 T-Top).

By the way, those Heresy IIIs aren't on shelves. They have plywood plates bolted to them using the same holes the speaker cradles that come on them are attached to and then a collar is bolted to the plates that slips over a huge, vertical pin that sits on top of the wall bracket. The speakers can be pivoted from side-to-side or lifted completely off in just seconds. The mounting details are explained in this older post: Here. The wall brackets will support up to 100 pounds. The Heresy IIIs weigh 44 pounds each.

Our original garage: (what a stark contrast) Yes, that is me with the long hair. I was playing sax and running sound in a bar band while I attended college back then.

post-10177-13819308044076_thumb.jpg

Here's a lousy photo of the current garage, the day after it was resided 2 years ago and before we replaced the door and painted both to compliment the siding. The coach lamps aren't even hung back up yet in this photo. I'll post a better-looking picture later.

post-10177-13819308044986_thumb.jpg

dwilawyer: Thanks Travis! Rose would love that. Email sent! How very generous of you.

silversport: Yeah, Rose has always enjoyed owning a 2-seater and she tends to buy them fairly-well loaded with options, too. Unfortunately for her, it's no longer practical for her to own an expensive car given her income. The cost of the insurance for a "sportscar" at her age would also be prohibitive. She loves the 6-CD changer in her Focus. She's got a lot of Tina Turner, Elton John and yes, Pink Floyd stored in the changer. She even opted for the low profile tires! Go-Granny-Go for sure!

Dr. Who: It would have been an even bigger blast had you been able to come out, but don't let that bum you out too much. You will make it over here someday for sure.

wheelman: You missed a great time, man! That beef was S-E-R-I-O-U-S!

oldbuckster: The Mustang is Verna's baby. We can't afford a Roush so it's the next best thing: It's a '96 SVT Cobra with only 22,000 miles on it. I'd love to talk her into trading it in on the new '07 Shelby Mustang GT-500, but we can't get past the $45K price tag. Consider mom hugged. We are so blessed to have her here. She's an important part of our daily lives.

The Shelby GT-500:

post-10177-13819308045946_thumb.jpg