THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT COULD MAKE IT: Picky's BBQ, Saturday 8/26

picky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it for the pictures. Yeah, I know: No pictures of the Klipsch products, but getting together isn't JUST about the speakers. This forum has helped us all to build friendships, too and that's what really matters, after all. Trust me, we listened to the Heresy III's all day long and the conversation was never-ending. It was truly a wonderful day spent with wonderful people. Thank you all for coming!

-Glenn & Verna

• Moderators

My mom, Rose and our son, Bill (there's Klipsch in his future!)

Ya gotta love your Mom, has her own Miller working. Or was Bill working on two? Looks like a fun time. I see lots of great food, beef that looks so good it would make a Texan jealous, lots of good company, a cool looking car. Did y'all have time to view the home theater? You got that right about the friendships, it was a blast throwing ours, and I am glad you had the same experience that we did.

Great photos,

Travis

It looks like a great party, I wish I could have went. That Saturn Sky is very nice looking, too bad they are basically sold out until 2009! Also it is good to see or hear from Michael Hurd, its been a long time? Where are you? Come back [:D]

And damn those cuts make me hungry right now on a cold low 70 ish rainy day I wish I was on the beach and fishing too.

FOUND THE BEEF!

Hubba hubba hubba..... now that's what I call some prime cuts. There's some serious beef in Michigan. My mouths water right now.

Also, the car looks like the Pontiac's new Solstice. Did GM do a spin-off of the car for the Saturn division too??? If so, I never read about that one. Nice looking car.... Bob Lutz's baby.

Man, I thought it was gonna be grilled weenies and a good burger.... Dagnabit, Had I known there was gonna be some steaks like that, I'd a clawed my way over there. Wow-wee-wow...

post-12381-13819308026166_thumb.jpg

Also, the car looks like the Pontiac's new Solstice. Did GM do a spin-off of the car for the Saturn division too??? If so, I never read about that one. Nice looking car.... Bob Lutz's baby.

Yes they share the same chasis but different body. To my eyes, I prefer the sky over the solstice. I believe the solstice is also a bit longer. I gues GM is finally doing something right, making cars that look good!

That Saturn Sky is very nice looking, too bad they are basically sold out until 2009!

Tell me about it! I was looking at purchasing that same car as pictured (the dark blue with the beige leather trim). Don't even think about trying to get the "Red Line" edition, as they seem to be nye impossible to get. But still, drop a 260hp motor in that little thing! A guy at work also has one, and they are sweet little rides. From what I was told at the dealer, there is a friggan LONG waiting list for those things! And as a result, they are charging a premium for them as well, since they are in such high-demand. Will be interesting to see what starts showing up on the used market in a couple of years, though, especially when lease agreements starts running out.

Anyway, I sure wish I could've been there, but the Detroit area is just a bit far for me right now. Sounds like it was an awesome time!

Those steaks were friggan HUGE! I honostly doubt I'd would've been able to completely eat one!

Ah well, at least I got the Baltimore/D.C. gathering coming up in the middle of October to look forward to, including a trip to the symphony! That is going to be awesome!

From what I was told at the dealer, there is a friggan LONG waiting list for those things! And as a result, they are charging a premium for them as well, since they are in such high-demand.

Really..... I remember that GM's policy on saturn was the price on the window is the price you pay as it was no hassle sort of thinking business model. I think a letter to GM corporate would change that practice. It was like the Mitsubishi Evo, when it came out they sold cars at 50000 dollars on a 27,795 car. Then Mitsubishi said nothing over sticker and hence no more price gouging!

dwilawyer: Yeah, mom is really cool! She's 87 years old and really has no vices. She quit smoking cold-turkey back in 1988 and never looked-back. She is very healthy and still drives (Ford Focus ZX-3). She wants A Saturn Sky so bad as she loves two-seaters and has owned several. But, the seats don't adjust on the Sky vertically, so we'd have to order her the "3-phone-book" option! She's only 4' 11-1/2". Yes, that is HER Miller. Just about every Friday, after I come home from work, she and I usually go downstairs and sit at the bar in our theater together and have our own little "cocktail hour" before dinner. She really looks forward to it (as do I) and we normally have a couple of Bourbon (Jim Beam Choice) and 7-Ups on-the-rocks. We are so blessed to still have Rose around and in such great health, too! Rose Rocks!

DizRotus: Neil: I promise to shoot some photos of the Heresy III/Eico ST 70 setup and post them tonight wen I get home! Thanks.

Jay481985: Yes, I miss seeing Michael Hurd on the forum, too. But he's got a real good excuse: He currently does not own a computer. BTW: I remember when Chrysler first came out with the little, PT Cruisers: They were getting up to $50,000 for Neon-platform vehicles. Talk about "price-gouging"!

Gilbert: That thar's CANADIAN BEEF! -from Thunder Bay, Ontario. We had a second BBQ yesterday on Sunday with a couple of other friends and cooked the burgers and weenies we didn't cook on Saturday as Michael Hurd and his girlfriend spent the weekend with us. Yes, the Pontiac Solstice and the Saturn Sky are "sisters" that are built on the same vehicle platform. Tom is an engineering manager at General Motors so he gets a different car to drive every 3 months. He's gotta turn this Sky in pretty soon. He said that the Sky has been so much fun to drive that he plans to order one to keep. Or, maybe the Solstice, he's not certain. And this guy gets to drive everything from a Corvette to a Hummer H2. Where can I get a job like that?

oldbuckster: Yep! Rose is available (if she choses to be, that is). And, she likes to listen to PINK FLOYD loud! She's quite a catch! [;)] She's hard to keep up with.

skonopa: You certainly would have been welcome here, Steve. Michael Hurd drove nearly as far as you would have (about 790 miles). Maybe next time, if we decide to do this again? Although, I can't promise you guys beef like that ever again! [;)]

Picky,

Looks like you had a great get together. Like you said it's all about meeting people and making new friends. The good 'ole Klipsch forum.

I just can't help myself looking at those Prime Rib steaks. Those look fabulous. Unbelievable. Trust me, I am "the grill" type and those things really move me. I'm sure they were fantastic.

Looks like a great time had by all.

Glenn, thanks for the tales and photos. It looks like a good time was

had by all. Nice to see Michael 'Mr Paint' Hurd smiling. And I've met

Neil before, I remember him playing Take Five through his notebook

computer into a set of stacked LS ina McDonalds parking lot!

I was sorry to not be able to attend. Three very good friends have

invited me into their camping circle and we had a magical time hiking

in a National Wildlife area just outside Shades State Park in NW

Indiana. Near primative looking pristine old growth Hemlock Pine forest

with rock formations, natural arch bridge (nice lunch stop). We got

dumped on, but had made it to the bottom of a gorge so stopped under a

large sandstone outcropping and managed to stay dry during a 2"

rainstorm.

Oh, and that BEEF looks incredible- what do they do, excersize the cows in Canada?

Michael

mark1101: Thanks, man. Yeah those steaks were a true work of art and Michael and Jennifer did one heck of a job cooking them made-to-order! Jennifer even made us all steak omelets for breakfast the next morning from some of the leftovers! What a woman!

colterphoto1: Wow, it sounds like you had a breath-takingly beauiful trip, Michael! You were certainly missed at our BBQ. Nearly everyone asked if you were coming. They all understood when I explained about your camping weekend. They said that sounded like fun and I'm glad to hear that it was. Got any photos? Yeah, Michael Hurd is pretty happy these days as he's found a wonderful girl in Jennifer. We really like her, too as she fit right in with our group. Neil is a really nice guy and very knowledgable. He's been to our place before too and it was a pleasure to meet his son, Scott. Michael, you know that you never need an invite to stop in at our place. You are always welcome here.

BTW: Everyone seemed to enjoy the video that I made, "The 2006 Klipsch Hope Pilgrimage". It debuted right after dinner and ran for about 1 hour, 11 minutes. Some of the folks said the sound of the concert footage was actually quite good, considering some of it was a direct feed from the soundboard and some was straight through the camera's stereo mic. I did spend a lot of time processing the sountrack. I am going re-author it again soon in Dolby 5.1 just as soon as I can get a Surcode license. I am sending a copy of it to Trey Cannon soon. If he wishes to distribute it somehow, that will be left up to him and Klipsch. I hope you all understand that I do not wish to absorb the costs associated with making copies for everyone, nor do I have the time to do so. No offense intended here folks. I hope you will all understand. It cannot really be sold for profit other than to recover the cost of the actual raw media as it does contain properitary music on the soundtrack.