THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT COULD MAKE IT: Picky's BBQ, Saturday 8/26

picky

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn and Verna,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Scott and I really enjoyed the company and the food at your BBQ. It was a pleasure meeting other Klipschophiles and sharing their appreciation of your home theater.

Scott and Doug were especially impressed by your home theater demonstration. Scott is enjoying retelling the experiences to his mother and brother.

Thanks to Michael Hurd and friend for bringing half a cow all the way from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Thunder Bay, Ontario to Allen Park, MI. The prime rib was fabulous.

I look forward to seeing some of the pictures. Thank you for your generous hospitality.

Neil:

Verna, Rose (Mom) and I all thank you for helping to make our little Klipsch gathering both interesting and a success! Thanks for bringing both your son, Scott and your friend Doug with you. It was interesting to talk with them both. That crab dip you brought was habit-forming! Thanks. As you know, you and yours are welcome at our house ANYTIME! We wish you a speedy recovery from your ailments, too! Thanks for the good words! Take care!

-Glenn

• Moderators

Neil:

Verna, Rose (Mom) and I all thank you for helping to make our little Klipsch gathering both interesting and a success! Thanks for bringing both your son, Scott and your friend Doug with you. It was interesting to talk with them both. That crab dip you brought was habit-forming! Thanks. As you know, you and yours are welcome at our house ANYTIME! We wish you a speedy recovery from your ailments, too! Thanks for the good words! Take care!

-Glenn

Picky,

Where are the photos? Can't wait to see some picks of your great event. Sounds like it was a great time with plenty of good eats.

Travis

First of all: THANK YOU, LORD: For holding off the rain for us all day long! Prayers were answered! It was very muggy, but no rain for the entire time! We certainly dodged a major bullet.

Due to circumstances well beyond anyone's control (as thing usually go) we had a smaller than expected turn-out, however, I still believe the others would agree that the get-together was a HUGE success! We had the Heresy III's playing nearly all day long out in the garage.

The first to arrive were Michael Hurd and his girlfriend, Jennifer who drove ALL NIGHT LONG from Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada to get here. They traveled some 790 miles beginning at 7 pm Friday night, after working all day and arrived here around 10 am on Saturday. By the time they pulled into our driveway, Michael had been up for about 28 hours! Now, That's what I call devotion! Jennifer had been awake just about as long. The first thing they did was to pitch a tent in our backyard, thinking they might have to sleep out there. Eventually, I read all my emails and discovered that Dr. Who wasn't able to make it after all and so they decided to stay in our guest bedroom instead of their tent. It rained late last night, too. I had originally offered the guest room to Dr. Who. So things turned out fine after all. Dr. Who knows he's welcome to drop by here any time he's in the area. Michael and Jennifer brought, as Neil said, "half a cow" with them! They had an entire, un-cut, AAA-Grade prime-rib that Michael sliced into 6, 3" steaks. Half were marinated the other half were not. They were awesome! Thanks you two for bringing them. I didn't even cook the burgers as there was no point after all having all of that meat. We'll be BBQing again today with the burgers and hot dogs that we have ready.

Next xdetroitx (Mike) and his fiancée, Alison arrived. They were very interesting to talk to and both are in the process of going back to school. Mike and I seem to have much in common in our past as far as vocations, even though I am considerably older than him. He's got an excellent work ethic in that he's willing to learn whatever he needs to know to get a job and pay the bills. Mike's got some amazing tattoo's, some of which are truly works of art! Mike and Alison contributed to dinner, too and we thank you both very much for coming. You are always welcome here and best of luck in school

Our son, Bill arrived...on crutches with a sprained ankle. It didn't stop him for enjoying everyone's company.

Tom & Miriam Weiss, some very long-time friends of our were next to arrive along with their contributions for dinner. There was plenty to eat!

Dizrotus (Neil) and his son Scott arrives with more goodies and Neil's friend Doug came a short time later.

We all went down to the theater and I ran a hour-long demo of various film clips. Then back up to the deck for dinner. Never having BBQ'd prime rib before, I let Michael and Jennifer supervise the cooking of the cow, as there as so much of it and they have done it before. They did a fantastic job! It was amazing how the steaks covered our entire dinner plates! I had to eat my steak first, and THEN go for the side dishes. Verna outdid herself in the kitchen making side dishes and dessert.

After dinner, those who remained went back to the theater and we watched the one-hour video I shot of the Klipsch Hope Pilgrimage this year. Then we viewed the movie, 'Sahara'. Everyone seemed to have a great time. We turned out the lights around 11:30 pm. We were all exhausted from all of the preparation and the fact that Michael and Jennifer had now be awake for about 41-1/2 hours! I will post pictures as I am able during the day today.

Thanks everyone who could attend. Consider my Heresy III's duly christened!

Oh yeah, we DID have a case of VERNOR'S on hand, too!