venting please excuse!!!!!!!!

joessportster

i cannot for the life of me figure out what people in business are thinking today, afte a bad deal on a teres table with a private seller i move on to a clearaudio chgampion level 2 with a business ouner thru a-gon we settle on a price and terms that state table will ship on friday at latesst, friday comes and goes with no tracking info emailed to me, i call and email my concern and i get informed seller wasnt able to get the foam to pack table properly so it will be monday now im ok with this even though it means an extra week getting the table and it will set in a terminal over a weekend, monday comes and goes and no tracking numbers come thru yet again, try to call get answer machine and no returned phone call so tuesday comes and i get an answer on the phone from the ouner who tells me it is at ups but with the expected storm they wont start the movement of the table till at least thursday, but he has the tracking numbers and will email them to me later if i like ( this sounds like a load of crap, i mean why hold it at your facility where you expect a storm if you send it on down the line you dont have to worry about damage from the possiable storm) well i call ups to confirm and it turns out they are postponing further pick up of packages not shipping items they already have( big suprise), try to call seller again and of course now i only get answer machine. so i leave message requesting that he go ahead and forward the tracking numbers and of course i dont get them, i try to call again and suprise no answer, so i guess im at the guys mercy for the moment i send a pleading email asking for tracking information with an explination of how i am unhappy with this transaction at present and why so now i await a response

heres the question am i being un reasonable or impatient????????? because i just dont get this attitude of i will do it when i feel like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BE PATIENT.

On a component with this kind of value, you want that seller to take all care necessary to pack and ship it properly. I would rather wait a week or two for the job to be done right than to have a rushed job and a broken component.

Once you get the table, you won't really care that it took a little extra time - but you will care if it is in pieces. I NEVER rush a seller on shipping issues when doing such a deal - in fact, I offer to do whatever is possible from my end (like offer to pay for materials to do it right, plus kiss his a$$ to assure he packs with best intentions) to ensure delivery in the best possible condition. Frequently a seller will discover it's a bigger job than first thought once the sale is made.....

i agree that in the end when i get the table i will be happy, but i have sold numerous things on the internet thru ebay and on all my auctions i list a time line to ship my items including prices for materials, and to date almost without fail i have met my time line i can only think of 2 times i failed and i took the initiative to contact the buyer and explain the situation, i have shipped some large bulky items that needed great care to protect them ( infinity kappa 8 speakers from maryland to florida) and i was able to pack them and ship them in alloted time, i just dont understand the mentality today of setting back and allowing people to change up and dictate how and when they will perform a task they agreed to do after they fail to complete the job as agreed. there used to be aa moto all sellers , dealers , stores, & all sort of retailers followed. deliver what you say when you say and keep customers happy, as they may end up repeat customers, nothing speaks more highly of a person than to be honest and to come thru as agreed on a deal even if it costs them. i once sold a harley part for .99 cent and charged 4.00 shipping it cost me 11.00 to ship it but the guy got the part on time as promised even though i actually lost money i dont think i will ever get used to this new style of customer service

Joe

I suppose audible nectar has a point about encouraging the seller to do a good job on packing.

However, I'd also say that it is a pet peeve of mine to pay promptly, which the seller expects, only to have the seller procrastinate on shipping. There is no real reason to take more than three days to ship.

Everyone is 'busy' these days.

Too busy to properly take care of business

With 2.5 kids, the white picket fence, a 5,000 ft 2 McMansion and two Lexus (Lexi?), the average Joe (no connection) must be hitting it about 65 hours a week nowadays.

Heck I have a nice boat that's seen the water only twice this year. All my friends are too 'busy' to take the time to go relax for a few hours.

Be patient , don't bug him or you might see further 'delays'. That's just how people are these days. (I'm as guilty as the next guy).

M

I understand your frustration, but I recommend patience. As a active A'gonner, I am often guilty of the same types of delays. In every case, it was to be sure that the item was packed as well as possible. I suspect that at times my communication could also be criticized (and has been). BUT buyers always appreciate the extra care.

Please keep in mind that you are not really a customer on A'gon. OK OK you are, but most of these guys are hobbyists who have day jobs - buying and selling the gear is a way to keep that part of the hobby going. Let's face it, if you can afford a multi-thousand dollar record player, you probably work pretty hard at your regular job.

Because you are not dealing with a cheap disposable commodity, most on the 'gon have a different approach when it comes to transactions. I am rarely involved in a "rushed" transaction. Have you ever purchased a new component from a dealer? Yowza! Pay yer $$ and wait yer WEEKS. In other words, I'm not sure the the squeaky wheel will always get the grease in these situations.

heres the question am i being un reasonable or impatient????????? because i just dont get this attitude of i will do it when i feel like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, I agree with you 100%, but do try to remain patient.

In every eBay or AudiogoN transaction where I'm selling an item, I make it clear in no uncertain terms that I will pack my item safely and securely, that I will promise to ship the item out on such 'n' such day, along with providing an e-mail of the tracking number on the day it ships out...period! There's no guesswork involved by the buyer...I spell it out as plain as day and provide the buyer with all the information he or she needs. Rarely does a buyer have a need for any follow-up questions concerning how or when I'll be shipping out their new purchase; all their questions are faithfully and honestly answered already in my descriptions and/or initial payment/transaction e-mails. I try to provide the best customer service I possibly can on every auction I conduct...my reputation is at stake otherwise, and how can I be trusted buy possible buyers if my feedback is tainted with negative responses?

I too don't understand why other sellers have that "I will do it when I feel like it" mentality. There's no excuse for such slack behavior when you're in a binding contract with a buyer; the only reason I can accept is a life or death situation with the seller and/or a family member, which can't be helped nor controlled. Unfortunantly, I can only assume that some sellers are just plain stupid, ignorant people who simply don't care whether you receive your purchase from them in a timely manner, or in a securely packed carton that's strong enough to withstand the rigors of freight shipping by heavy-handed carrier personnel. It's a shame you're being put through this torment and I feel your pain...just hang in there!

We bought my son's Heresy's on ebay, it took him over month and a half to send them, we had overnighted the payment. Made me upset, but I figured if I ticked him off too much, they may not be packed well, or even sent at all. If he decided to not send them, what do you do next...

Frustrating...

But they finally got here in great shape and sound great... Tough to wait though.

Paul

the conclusion was that the seller shipped when he felt like it instead of the agreed on date, he went ahead and packed the table in peanuts and bubblewrap so as i had explained to him this was inadequit packing that the parts would simply shift to the edges of the box and thereby be damaged, to make a long story short he was no more than a lier full of excuses preying on the apathy of his customers that are willing to set back and allow him to act as he pleases, all my patience got me was a crap packing job and some extra work, but it got him some negative feedback on audiogon that he called and emailed me to complain about and im sure he will retalliate with neg but id rather the world know he is a lier and a cheat even if it costs me neg.

Joe