Any thoughts? Live Music and Jazz

Travis In Austin

While it is pricey, I would still love to see Brubeck and Lewis, what a contrast!

I would go see Diddley for fun and old times sake. I would not want to miss Clarke and Duke, They are both monsters. Clarke can do things on a classical bass I never thought possible. If I had to pick only one it would have to be Clarke/Duke. If my schedule is free I might go anyway.

You want to see ticket prices, check these out:

Austin Society of Texas Clubs

2shorizbar.gif

2swebsite.gif

2scontact.gif

spacer.gif

We now have access to 26 Jimmy Buffett tickets at The Paramount on the 19th of this month. The locations and prices are below:

Orchestra:

Row J-Left, seats 9-10, $320 each

Row K-Right, seats 1-2, $320 each

Row L-Left, seats 7-8, $320 each

Row N-Left, seats 3-4, $320 each

Row P-Left, seats 5-8, $320 each

Row Q-Left, seats 7-10, $320 each

Row Q-Center, seats 9-10, $320 each

Row R-Right, seats 1-4, $320 each

Row T-Left, seats 5-6, $320 each

Mezzanine:

Row F-Right Center, seats 5-6, $215 each

We are happy to offer these tickets to our members, but want to let you know that this does not constitute an endorsement of Kinky Friedman or any candidate by Austin Society.

Jimmy is comming to town to do a fund raiser concert for Kinky Friedman who is running for Gov. in Texas as an Independant.

Y'all let me know how many tickets you want and I will get them for you.[;)]

Travis

I'll vote for Kinky but I'll keep my money in lieu of Buffet.

Trav, I'm an old Austinite and I say don't miss the Spankers and you know Ruta's the bomb[;)]

I second Duke on the Clark/Duke in the $78.00 seats and last but not least Leo is worth $39.00 bucks after all he is Capt. Fingers[:o]

Duke? I saw him twice doing keys for Zappa. Clark? D. Dregs blew him off the stage.

George Duke........whatever it costs!!!!!!!!!

JMHO,

tc

Dregs blew him off the stage? Electric or upright? When I saw Clarke with Chick Corea and Return to Forever (two different tours) he was unbelievable. To be blown off the stage would take an alien from planet bass, or maybe he was sick as a dog. Duke is fantastic for sure, Zappa, Cobham, you name it.

• Moderators

Cindy Lauper is different, seen her by accident,

Went to go see Tina Turner about 8 years ago and Cindy was the opening act, didn't look to see if there was another act playing.

There was something different about that Tina Turner concert.

Not that I care but it was hard to not notice.

With say 10 thousand people there they may have 200 men, and the rest were couples.

It turned out to be a good show, and Tina does not look her age to say the least.