KLIPSCHORN - possible ?

mirkobu

Ya know... I looked and looked and figured there was no Klipschorns in Arizona, Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE my 97 oiled oaks, and yes I got a great deal on shipping, but it hasn't even been a month and here a pair show up in Phoenix! I had to drive to Phoenix to meet the truck! things like this can curdle your cudd

walking away mumbling........

Jack

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-KLIPSCHORN-Pair-Fully-Horn-Loaded-3-Way-SUPER_W0QQitemZ180026380054QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think about it?

In Italy this is only a dream..... too perfection (1979 AlNiCo !!!!!!)

Thank you BYE

Welcome to the Forum. What kind of Klipsch, if any, are available in Italy? Do you ever see any used Klipsch advertised?

Ya know... I looked and looked and figured there was no Klipschorns in Arizona, Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE my 97 oiled oaks, and yes I got a great deal on shipping, but it hasn't even been a month and here a pair show up in Phoenix! I had to drive to Phoenix to meet the truck! things like this can curdle your cudd

walking away mumbling........

Jack

Walk away mumbling all you want, you've got your Khorns playing in the Backgound........Got all fired up about getting them......gave us a little saga to follow......got them home in one piece.............I'd say " You Done Good".......mumble ,you lucky Guy.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/KLIPSCH-KLIPSCHORN-Pair-Fully-Horn-Loaded-3-Way-SUPER_W0QQitemZ180026380054QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think about it?

In Italy this is only a dream..... too perfection (1979 AlNiCo !!!!!!)

Thank you BYE

mirkobu,

Welcome! The 1979 models are among the best of the

Klipschorns. These are in GREAT shape, too. They have a the

AlNiCo Tweeters and Squawker (midrange) drivers, but have K-33-E

ceramic magnet woofers. Still the K-33-E performs very well and

may be better than the early AlNiCo woofers.

You could have the drivers tested in a Laboratory to see if they have

lost magnetism. It would cost a lot of money only to find out

they are well within spec. Klipschorns are so rarely abused and

the drivers are almost never removed and dropped that a bad magnet is

too unlikely to worry about.

I start classes in Italian next month in preparation for a trip to your

country. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I hope my

wife will consent to tour the Alps on a Ducati or Moto Guzzi for a

week. I'm working on her, but she always thinks my motorcycle

trips are death marches!

What year did they stop using Alnico?

Starting 3-24-80 (4-3-80 on the Industrials) Klipsch started installing the Electro-Voice square ceramic ferrite magnet K-77-M.

After experimenting with several ferrite ceramic magnet midrange driver models in late 1982, Klipsch started using the Electro-Voice round ceramic ferrite magnet K-55-M in 1983

In 1962 Klipsch started using the Chicago Telephone Service (CTS Corporation), Brownsville TX square ceramic ferrite magnet K-33-B

What year did they stop using Alnico?

Starting 3-24-80 (4-3-80 on the Industrials) Klipsch started installing the Electro-Voice square ceramic ferrite magnet K-77-M.

After experimenting with several ferrite ceramic magnet midrange driver models in late 1982, Klipsch started using the Electro-Voice round ceramic ferrite magnet K-55-M in 1983

Then back to the Atlas made alnico midrange drivers a few years ago. Now called the K-55X.

Bob

2001 sounds about right for the changeover to the K-55X. Might explain what a customer told me a few days back. He had wanted to buy a pair of new K-55Ms and Klipsch (after not having any for sale for a very long time) suddenly has some to sell. Probably the ones they held back to support the 5 year warranty period which is now up. $200.00 each.

Bob