Best Show on TV?

Ray Garrison

Of the current network offerings I'd have to go with Boston Legal also, the only prime time offering I look forward to.

We don't subscribe the the premium channels, we rent DVDs when they become available.

When you figure in old standards the field opens up dramatically IMHO.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry....must have stumbled in here by mistake....thought I was in an Audio Forum??? [:^)]

Mr. Garrison may post any topic in any forum. You, on the other hand, must stick to audio subjects. Don't worry! In seven years you will have the same privilege!!

TV? I don't own a TV and have not watched it since CNN started. You know that TV is designed to control you - why do you think they call it 'programming'?

The last TV show I really liked was Mary Hartman Mary Hartman from the mid 70's on a B&W 19"- very funny, no laugh track.

Pauln

Scrubs is currently my favorite. Wife's as well.

They use a first person narrative and a single camera set-up, so it feels different than every other show out there. Great characters, very good writing (in my opinion). We laugh constantly during every show, although some episodes are powerful enough to make you both laugh and cry.

Chuck

Best show of all time "Seinfield" with out a doubt!

Best sitcom? Yeah, probably so. Hard to argue against "I Love Lucy" in terms of sheer numbers and influence, but Seinfeld was a monster no doubt . . .

But my favorite TV show of all time is "The Rockford Files." One of the very few shows that NEVER "jumped the shark." The final few episodes were among the best.

Can you say "Jimmy Joe Meeker?"

Best show of all time "Seinfield" with out a doubt!

Best sitcom? Yeah, probably so. Hard to argue against "I Love Lucy" in terms of sheer numbers and influence, but Seinfeld was a monster no doubt . . .

But my favorite TV show of all time is "The Rockford Files." One of the very few shows that NEVER "jumped the shark." The final few episodes were among the best.

Can you say "Jimmy Joe Meeker?"

You might be right about never jumping the shark...it was a great show. I totally dug the fact that he lived in a trailer and was always one step away from living in a cardboard box under the highway.

page33-1009-full.jpg

Nice that the firebird was not a Transam too.

Jimsfirebird.jpg

Can't say I agree on "I Love Lucy" but perhaps I am not giving the classics their due.

• Moderators

Ok I'm going to stick this in this thread because it's about a TV show and audio.

Just happen to watch Rides last night because it was about ZZ tops cars and Billy Gibbons and his GF.[;)]

They were restoring a old Caddy for Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, actually for his GF of 20 years.

When it came to the amp for the stereo they Installed a tube amp, they said because he was a musician and tubes sound much more musical and real. He also said musicians love tubes ! That was about all they said about the stereo!

Just not something you expect to hear on a car restoration show.

"Have Gun Will Travel"

"Deep Space Nine" (after Sisko shaved his head and before the faux religion took over)

"Reno 911"

"Man Bites Dog" - The premise is supposedly a fake news crew trying to do news stories about people who think they're on the level. The first time I saw it, they were interviewing some people cleaning up a roadside. The "Producer" decided they didn't have enough trash for a good visual, so they dumped a couple more sacks of trash from the van, did a real short interview, then hopped in the truck and drove away, leaving the clean up crew knee deep in fresh litter. What makes it funny for me is, I've worked with people who have that mind-set. I understand they've gotten some legal issues because the people on the show look an awful lot like a real Seattle news team, plus people are geting wise to them. I doubt if it will be around long.

"Smothers Brothers Show" Probably wouldn't think so much of it now, but at the time, I thought it was the "bees' knees." I almost swallowed my teeth on the infamous Sunday night when I tuned in to watch Tom and Dick, and got Buck and Roy instead...

"The Simpsons" at least until now. The Clunker to Good Show ratio seems to be shifting rapidly.

So sorry....must have stumbled in here by mistake....thought I was in an Audio Forum??? [:^)]

Mr. Garrison may post any topic in any forum. You, on the other hand, must stick to audio subjects. Don't worry! In seven years you will have the same privilege!!

Fini...that was too funny. Let's see....

South Park

Scrubs

The Soprano's

Pretty much anything with an "S" in it!