Best Show on TV?

Ray Garrison

The Homor Simpson is Dead thread inspired me to ask - what, in your opinion, is the "best" show on TV? Best story, best written, best acted, best effects, best sound, etc.

For me, there's no question. Battlestar Galactica on SciFi is, without a doubt, the best show I've ever watched, including NYPD Blue (previous fav), The Closer, the better M*A*S*H years, everything else I've seen. Topical writing, great acting, spectacular sets, great audio... I *LOVE* this show.

Other thoughts?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it to mean best current show on tv. It's always a cartoon (everything in life is a cartoon to you, isn't it? people ask me). South Park has the best writing on current topics or trends, clever song writing, and a take no prisoners attitude. Championed over the simpsons several years ago for me.

Currently in production? "Traditional" TV?

I like Brotherhood and Weeds on Showtime. I watch every episode of each.

Of course The Sopranos on HBO might well be the finest television drama EVER.

Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO (which may or may not have one more season--Larry David hasn't decided) is a really, really funny show.

And I really, REALLY like 24 on Fox. I don't watch it during the season, but I get the DVD set from the production company every year and I watch the whole season in about 2-3 weeks. Love that Jack Bauer!

Well... I loved the first 2 seasons of the Soprano's, but lost interest after that. Have never been much of a TV watcher (mostly movies and sports - Dodgers, Lakers, Rams, USC Football and UCLA basketball), but consider Seinfeld the greatest show on TV, period! Have seen them all and then some!

Mike