My Jubilee adventure

dhtman

• Moderators

Coytee please spare us. You better stick to your day job for now.[;)] At least until you get a little better comic material.

[:(] same thing my wife says...

Maybe she doesn't understand your humor[*-)]

Coytee, are the Bengals and Saints playing today. I know the Saints are playing but I wasn't sure what team they were playing.

Yes, I do belive they do

So, what do you think the outcome will be?

Geaux Saints......I have been a die hard fan since the team was first formed. Even through the "bag head" days!!!

And I've been a fan of Bengals from their day of inception (Dad would take me to their games) Seems we're closer kin than previously thought... takes some backbone to stay a fan, even through a 'couple' (cough) down years huh?

Yes it does take backbone, but it's worth it.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so you got an update? i thought i saw your hf sections being built the other day.

Would that be the same 'cheap butt ugly plastic' hf horn WE got, or does he get the new & improved deluxe fiberglass resin version?

[6] [6] [6] [6]

[;)]

it's re-engineered....the horn is made out of ugly ole wood and it's cheaper.......about a buck and quarter......

boy!!

Coytee,

WOW wow and WOW,each time I see your Jubilee ...I have to get a pair for my tubes. [:)]

Now ,I will have to remove a few subs,move a dozen or so.May be worth it. Incredible,to hear the hard core horn/tube experts talk so highly about the Jubilee,must be great speakers.

Coytee,

WOW wow and WOW,each time I see your Jubilee ...I have to get a pair for my tubes. [:)]

Now ,I will have to remove a few subs,move a dozen or so.May be worth it. Incredible,to hear the hard core horn/tube experts talk so highly about the Jubilee,must be great speakers.

Although I do think it would be worth it, I get a kick out of your last line. Clearly you can't be talking about me because I'm probably one of the least articulate ones around here when it comes to this stuff. (other than my droning mantra "look into some Jubilees" [:P])

I've got an email out to Roy right now (his spam filter probably killed it so I'll try again this week, or maybe he'll see this)

Anyways, I asked him if someone was going to buy a pair of Jubilees...and if said person wanted a fancier front piece, could they buy the 3/4" plywood, have it shipped TO Klipsch in Hope, and would they then use said pieces to make the front. This way, the buyer could have Oak, Walnut, Rosewood, you name it...

I could see why the factory might NOT do that... then again, why would they care what piece was in front?

So, Roy, if you happen to see this?????? (don't make me get your wife on the phone again....[:@] [:P], I'll have her take your ribs & ice cream away)

Coytee...when do you ever listen to the Jubes.........always pushing those teenage speakers......Another owner placed in England....World wide plot to Jubilee the world.....They must be quite the speakers the way you talk about them....I have got to hear a pair of those bad boys, just to say I heard them...atleast...Carry On you lucky guys, 4 of you now...the numbers will grow slowly, but they will grow................

Roy, that's great. I've been out of town a lot and haven't checked by here recently.

I last heard a delivery estimate of early December with the invoice 2 weeks before, so it must be getting closer.

I really must get round to making up the cables forr the Electrovoice crossover!

dhtman

Coytee...when do you ever listen to the Jubes.........always pushing those teenage speakers......Another owner placed in England....World wide plot to Jubilee the world.....They must be quite the speakers the way you talk about them....I have got to hear a pair of those bad boys, just to say I heard them...atleast...Carry On you lucky guys, 4 of you now...the numbers will grow slowly, but they will grow................

When you ask, Buckette?? Pretty much daily. That's one of the cool things about them... you can be sitting in front of them (or in my case, more off to the side [:(]), noticing the wider sweetspot, noticing the more stout bass bin... or, if you're so inclined, you can give them a bit more juice and wonder off into other parts of your house and work on your drywall/cabinet projects while STILL reveling in how nice they sound, even through several walls and one floor.

Give them even MORE juice and you can be several rooms away, typing on your pc while STILL noticing things are vibrating near you that never (ever) vibrated before.

Sooooooooooo Pops... until time that we can cart your derrier down here, you'll just have to trust me. If you'd like a sample of what they sound like, I COULD turn my tape recorder on and send you a cassette of them playing?? [:P]

Roy, that's great. I've been out of town a lot and haven't checked by here recently.

I last heard a delivery estimate of early December with the invoice 2 weeks before, so it must be getting closer.

I really must get round to making up the cables forr the Electrovoice crossover!

dhtman

AH! The Waiting [O]

mike tn[:)]

man mr buckette,

you....sniff......are....sniff......making me..........(trembling lip).......cry.!![:'(]

boy!!

When you ask, Buckette?? Pretty much daily. That's one of the cool things about them... you can be sitting in front of them (or in my case, more off to the side [:(]), noticing the wider sweetspot, noticing the more stout bass bin... or, if you're so inclined, you can give them a bit more juice and wonder off into other parts of your house and work on your drywall/cabinet projects while STILL reveling in how nice they sound, even through several walls and one floor.

Give them even MORE juice and you can be several rooms away, typing on your pc while STILL noticing things are vibrating near you that never (ever) vibrated before.

Sooooooooooo Pops... until time that we can cart your derrier down here, you'll just have to trust me. If you'd like a sample of what they sound like, I COULD turn my tape recorder on and send you a cassette of them playing?? [:P]

and subject himself to an ugle speaker? why the nerve of you....unless you got ribs and cream!!

boy!!

dhtman

AH! The Waiting [O]

mike tn[:)]

is the hardest part!! (ole tp)

boy!!

dhtman

you got a digital camera?

boy!!

• 3 weeks later...

Snobs Club???? I,ll lay down my glove.... I,ll give you a challenge..... My modified Smith/Klipschorn to your funky Bobcat Jubilee anytime.....I do not make this challenge lightly....Snob club my A&& Frumpffff. Those who,v heard my units know what your up against.