Idea for Klipsch Co.

Coytee

why....

do you have a cone on yer head ... Coytee ..???

It's sort of a tribute to Nugent & Cat Scratch Fever?

Ok, maybe Chloe got to close to the cat and the cat scratched her eyeball [:(]

Richard,

Poor Chloe is accident prone. Hopefully, she'll develop better street sense. I thought the cone was because she may have been digging out the stiches from her previous tragedy. But.....another run in with a predator. Give her some treats.......

I know I'll get fried for this but I've had dumber ideas...

What if for example, Klipsch hired two college guys, (during summer), or two employees (Colter??)

Handed them a big truck, filled with some Khorns, LaScalas... you get the idea.

The guys could spend the entire summer, making a route through the US, going from city to city, having a "Klipsch bash" at a dealers parking lot.

The dealer would get all the heritage stuff to setup, they could jam away people could listen and find out about them (without same dealer having to boost his inventory).

If any sales happen, the dealer is there with his order pad at the ready

Next day, the guys can pack up and move to next city.

If it's good weather, have it outside (carry along false corners) or if the dealer wants, have it inside.

When I was just out of college, the company I worked for did something similar to this. They had 3 teams of people doing something and they did it across the entire country, living in hotels during the process.

Klipsch is out the cost of salary, trucking/fuel/hotels/food and one set of speakers for the trip that would probably get banged up (sell later for hefty discount?)

BUT, they might get a LOT more exposure that the dealers simply aren't trying to provide (IMHO).

Ok, torch me guys...

I get the feeling Klipsch is quite staisfied with whatever low number of Heritage they sell. Bigger isn't always better. I've seen a number of marketing ideas tossed about by forum members for Heritage over the last few years. Yet, I've not once seen a post by any Klipsch employees moaning about poor Heritage sales. I guess it's fun to talk about.

Phil: Thanks on the floor. I dont know what part it is, but it is pine. Wife bought it for cheap cheap cheap. I installed every piece of it here and throughout the house, along with about 650 sq ft of 2 ¼ hardwood (oak) in the master bedroom. Wife concocted the stain mixture and I stained it all and urathaned it all (about 5 coats) (referring to the pine floor, oak floor was prefinished)

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Mark: Youre right. Seems Im full of dog stories.

Current dogs:

Otis: found at shelter, survived parvo virus, blasto mycosis

Chloe: abandoned out our way, cat fight cut eye, but she it, had her bout with the lake

Tubbie: abandoned out our way, never had a thing happen to him

Hattie: found abandoned at gas station, saved by wife

Former dogs:

Daisy: abandoned out our way, shot/murdered by a hunter

Wiggles: abandoned out our way, shot/murdered by a hunter (same time as Daisy)

Rosie: abandoned out our way, born with malformed hip bone/socket, had surgery to cut end of femur off and after she healed form that, she could RUN like a ROCKET. Used that mobility to be out with the other dogs, got in way of truck and ran her over.

If it werent for me, our Vet would be working part time at Walmart...

Don't see a puppy picture of Tubby, but he has got to be the cutest dog I've ever seen as a puppy. EVERYONE wanted the fat one.

He's turned out to be a very headstrong dog, stays near home (and outside 90% of time). Has a bark, and an entirely DIFFERENT bark when a vehicle approaches. Once I learned that, I now use him as my early warning system.

post-15072-13819311604938_thumb.jpg

I get the feeling Klipsch is quite staisfied with whatever low number of Heritage they sell. Bigger isn't always better. I've seen a number of marketing ideas tossed about by forum members for Heritage over the last few years. Yet, I've not once seen a post by any Klipsch employees moaning about poor Heritage sales. I guess it's fun to talk about.

I am a loyal Klipsch supporter but suffice it to say you must not have been around a couple of years ago when Klipsch cut it's workforce in Hope drastically. There definitely were some upset former employees posting here. I also agree that Klipsch is probably selling as many Heritage line speakers as they want. I also understand a company does what it has to do to stay competitive.

Were I allowed to develop a market strategy I'd tap into the upscale art studios. Identify those studios in key cities and learn when shows are to be conducted. Get a nice set of Heritage set up in an indoor studio for a crowd of artistically inclined well-to-do types and some systems will most definitely sell (especially when they learn that they can be obtained for less than the artwork). Now that's targeting the correct customer profile. Setting up a block party parking lot bash for a bunch of head bashers will burn amps and calories but not much else.

I am a loyal Klipsch supporter but suffice it to say you must not have been around a couple of years ago when Klipsch cut it's workforce in Hope drastically. There definitely were some upset former employees posting here. I also agree that Klipsch is probably selling as many Heritage line speakers as they want. I also understand a company does what it has to do to stay competitive.

Yes I was around for that. Most of the cuts involved those working in the reference series as I recall. What I meant really is... the powers that make marketing decisions at Klipsch seem to be satisifed with the Heritage sales numbers and how they go about it.

We all pine for better ways to market Heritage? I guess I wonder why? Like we think there are a bunch of people at Klipsch sitting around wondering "how come Heritage isn't selling?". But again, I said before, it is fun to talk about.

Yes I was around for that. Most of the cuts involved those working in the reference series as I recall. What I meant really is... the powers that make marketing decisions at Klipsch seem to be satisifed with the Heritage sales numbers and how they go about it.

I was fortunate enough to tour the plant twice this year and from what I understand the same artisans who work on the Reference Series there also work on the Heritage line. I feel you are correct though on the last part of your observation.

If you want to do semitrailer mass marketing, then for goodnes sakes, do the NASCAR chitlin market, the college Saturday game days, and NFL tailgating party parking lots. Hire Dtel and his wife, Michael to be the bouncer, and four to six vivacious college students to do the meet and greating and cooking gruntwork. Make every event a party you want to catch, in a way that everyone will be impressed.

Coordinate with the local stores. Have them kick in a grand or two to pay the event expense, and they can sit there and do all the order write ups. No pay in to Klipsch = no income from purchases. Talk things up with the paper, kinda like the Oscar Meyer Weinerwagon.

You don't need to do too much guerrilla marketing...just throw the schedule up on the website, email the dealers, and hit the events where you know there will be anywhere between 20K to millions, ie the above, Bike Week in Sturgis, Speed Week in Daytona, Spring Break anywhere, college welcome weeks.

Klipsch seems to be tradition bound at this time, with a marketing department that(for the most part) delights in writing over the top blurbs for the website front page.

I was fortunate enough to tour the plant twice this year and from what I understand the same artisans who work on the Reference Series there also work on the Heritage line. I feel you are correct though on the last part of your observation.

Right, I'm sure associates worked both lines but it was the outsourcing of veneering of certain Reference speakers that caused the layoffs. Not lack of Heritage sales. Anyway, it just seems to me like Klipsch Technologies is satisfied selling 1000 or so Heritage a year.

Right, I'm sure associates worked both lines but it was the outsourcing of veneering of certain Reference speakers that caused the layoffs. Not lack of Heritage sales. Anyway, it just seems to me like Klipsch Technologies is satisfied selling 1000 or so Heritage a year.

Although I have a response, I will allow you to have the final word on this part of the discussion. [;)]

Have you guys ever considered that there isn't a market for the heritage speakers in america? The reason dealers don't carry the line is because people don't buy the speakers. Klipsch is a business and if they felt they'd make more money with the heritage, then they would push it harder.

I feel it has a lot to do with price point as well. The RF-7's list was $2,200 but could be had for $1,600 new. The dealer where I bought mine 4 years ago had a pair of B & W 802's...talk about a sweet sound with the looks to boot. They were $8,000 and he still has them. I could get them for perhaps $5,000 now.

Again, I think a lot of ot comes down to price points. I'm not sure on the margins, but I would be willing to bet Klipsch has a better margin selling the Referance line, if not they do it on volume then.

I feel it has a lot to do with price point as well. The RF-7's list was $2,200 but could be had for $1,600 new. The dealer where I bought mine 4 years ago had a pair of B & W 802's...talk about a sweet sound with the looks to boot. They were $8,000 and he still has them. I could get them for perhaps $5,000 now.

Again, I think a lot of ot comes down to price points. I'm not sure on the margins, but I would be willing to bet Klipsch has a better margin selling the Referance line, if not they do it on volume then.

Phil, I'd have to agree with you ...

HOWEVER, I have had friends visit our home for the first time, never having heard a Klipsch Heritage speaker -- and would never in heck considered buying one (or more). Once I fire up the Klipschorns and a good tube amp, they are forever changed.

One friend of mine, a Bose cube freak, bought a pair of Klipschorns the next week, and never went back to Bose.

It CAN happen. You just have to HEAR them. I think this is a good idea. If I was 30 years younger and uncommitted, I'd be all over this, jumping up and down, screaming, "Pick me, pick me !!"

Chris

Have you guys ever considered that there isn't a market for the heritage speakers in america? The reason dealers don't carry the line is because people don't buy the speakers. Klipsch is a business and if they felt they'd make more money with the heritage, then they would push it harder.

The Doctor is in! Heritage is overkill for 99.99% of the population. The big money is in whatever is being sold in Best Buy. Heritage is for a bunch of nostalgic hippies to talk about on the internet. [;)]

• Like 1

Although I have a response, I will allow you to have the final word on this part of the discussion. [;)]

I'm not trying to "last word" here. You have to discuss things on a message board line by line. If there was evidence that Klipsch was disappointed with Heritage sales and looking for ways to increase them.... I have not seen it. But if you know of something I would love to hear about. Obviously I'm just surmising, I don't "know" this to be a fact.

I agree with you Chris, however, I feel the speaker buying population that can afford the Heritage line-up is greatly reduced just in terms of numbers alone. Also looking at the trend on speaker design, they are not as astetically pleasing as some other speakers in that dollar range. Of course, I am not speaking sonically. We all play for the same team in that regard![:D]

I would love to have a new pair of Heritage speakers, however with a 5 and 7 year old I have other pressing prioritys. So I look on ebay for used, and will find some someday that will work out for me. While that does help Klipsch in terms of "word of mouth", it does'nt help in terms of the all important "sale".

That is too funny, went from cubes to Heritage!!! Talk about a 180!!! Funny thing, when I met my wife she had the cube set-up and was only too proud. Needless to say when we sold her house this year, the cubes were part of the deal!

Funny thing, when I met my wife she had the cube set-up and was only too proud. Needless to say when we sold her house this year, the cubes were part of the deal!

So funny ... that's what happened when we moved last year from Massachusetts!

The Bose AM-5 stayed behind and the new owner was a Bose fan, so we were all happy [;)]

Chris